• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brand new Hotel Villages - Marne la Vallee

During our last trip to DLP wer stayed at a budget hotel/ B&B, called Kyriad Hotel in Marne Le Valle (think thats how its spelt)

was it this Kyriad ? http://www.expedia.co.uk/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/nojs=1/htid=1133407 ? :(

anyone else stayed here ?

theres an offer on expedia, so our 2 night trip in dec would only be £134, for 2ad 2 ch B&B

am torn between Kyriad,holiday inn £143 (booking direct) or an apartment @ val d'europe £150 ish

we wont spend much time in the hotel, as its just a wkend trip to see all the xmas goings on :) so dont need facilities etc really just somewhere to sleep and shower!

help me decide! need to get it booked lol

I thought it meant the Kyriad but all the photos I have seen of the place don't look in the slightest like a portacabin. I wonder if it is another hotel with a similar name. I'm hoping a few of the others who have stayed at the Kyriad can tell us.

I'm still looking for somewhere to stay in February.

no thats not the place I meant, hotel Kyrian, Marne Le Valle Torcy is where we stayed .

Your link is for Kyriad hotel one of Disneylands partner hotels

no thats not the place I meant, hotel Kyrian, Marne Le Valle Torcy is where we stayed .

Your link is for Kyriad hotel one of Disneylands partner hotels

Phew - thanks for clarifying. I may book the Kyriad for Feb then. Shame you had such a bad experience. :sad2:

Just a quick review- we stayed here for 3 nights in early January, £140 for 4 of us, by far the cheapest deal I found.

As another reviewer has said, it's ideal as a base if you simply want somewhere cheap to sleep. Our room was tiny, literally 2 single beds :sad1: (missed snuggling up to DH lol) and bunk beds. The bathroom was tiny and the floor ended up soaked when you showered, but there was always plenty of hot running water.

There are no wardrobes, and no tea making facilities-we took a travel kettle with adaptor plug of course!

The hotel and room were clean and the room was cleaned every day, with towels changed daily. Although we were told that the car park barrier closed at 10pm we never found this to be the case which suited us as we were at DLRP until closing at 10pm every night.

We were on the 2nd floor, there were 2 lifts which we never had to wait for.

Reception staff were very helpful.

Breakfast is served in the hotel though we didn't have it. There is also a more expensive and varied breakfast at the hotel next door which you could go to, again we didn't. Dinner is only available at the hotel next door. The menu looked OK, again we didn't try it though as we ate at DLRP or McDonalds.

There is a McDonalds with a small coffee bar in it just over the road, and the nearby 'centre ville' has a few restaurants, including a Chinese one, and a decent pharmacy.

The hotel is 10-15 mins from the park by car, easy straight, clearly signposted route.

To sum up-as a budget base it does exactly what it says - however my DH wouldn't stay there again as too cramped in his opinion, and I have to say if the parks had closed at 7pm, I wouldn't have enjoyed spending the evening in the tiny room, with the park closing at 10pm it was fine imo.

thanks for review

i think we are going to stay here, for a few nights in october.To extend our holiday.

we only need a place to sleep and get ready! lol so i can cope with it being small for a few days :)

If the park shut early it doesnt mean you have to go back to hotel ( unless you have small children ?) we would just spend time in the village etc :)

xx

Has anyone stayed at a Hostel in the area of DLRP? Or in Paris? We are trying to go the super cheap route, but don't want to end up at a scary place either. We've never been to Paris & don't know what areas are safe. Mom & DD 16 yo traveling by ourselves. And what towns are close to Disney?

Has anyone stayed at a Hostel in the area of DLRP? Or in Paris? We are trying to go the super cheap route, but don't want to end up at a scary place either. We've never been to Paris & don't know what areas are safe. Mom & DD 16 yo traveling by ourselves. And what towns are close to Disney?

We did on our 1st ever trip to DLP and put it this way you get what you pay for! Our hotel was horrid it ruined our holiday and I spent most of the day after lunch dreading having to go back to it!

It was The Kyriad Hotel, MLV, Torcy. Its owned by the same chain that own the kyriad hotel at DLP! So I thought oh itll be clean at least! But it was thilty and so ran down

Hi ,

never stayed in a hostel but have stayed in Val d'europe area ( 1 stop away on the train form Disney)

although there are loads of places nearby, and easy to get the train to Disney :)

if you have a look on expedia you can search hotels near Disney either by price,or distance

then look up reviews on tripadvisor.com

HTH

x

Since this thread existed, I didn't want to make a new one with my question ...

I've booked a hotel at Bussy St Georges, 2 stops away with the RER from DLRP.

I'll be arriving at DLRP around noon, and probably won't go to the hotel untill the park closes (I'm guessing in June that's around 10-11pm?)

Do I have to let the hotel know that I'm already in the neighbourhood but won't actually be coming in untill like 11pm-11.30pm?

I really don't want to go to the hotel first, and then back to the park, it's a waste of money on the RER in my opinion, since I'll be leaving the next day again around noon, I will only have my backpack with me, which I can carry around (or leave it at the luggage facility for free with my AP).

I'm scared if I don't check-in before a certain time, they'll give the room away?

I would email them quoting your reference number and explaining that you will be later arriving and it shouldn't be a problem, we did this earlier this year with a hotel stay and it was no problem.

I would email them quoting your reference number and explaining that you will be later arriving and it shouldn't be a problem, we did this earlier this year with a hotel stay and it was no problem.

yes, thats what I would do too, or call them a couple of days before and let them know.

OK, thanks!

At all my previous trips to DLRP or London, we'd always go to the hotel first, regardless, and leave our luggage there, but since I won't really be carrying any, I didn't want to "waste" another 5 € or so on the RER by showing my face there first, hehe.

Will look for their e-mail, thanks ^^

We're booked into a hotel in Bussy for our last night, check in closes at 9pm but on my expedia confirmation it said to ring the number on the confirmation to arrange late check in. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DISBoards app

Thanks! Just to be sure I'll mail them a few days in advance, and save their number as I'll probably want to call them too on the same day, just to be safe.

Another question, hope I can put it here?
Has anyone yet stayed at the Bussy St George hotel, and took the RER after the park closed back to the hotel at night?

I'm just asking, going on June 3rd, and I thought about leaving the park at about 9-9.30 pm, because it'll still be light outside.

I know the walk from the RER to the hotel isn't far, but I might be dreaded to do that walk on my own when it's dark, haha!

I'm guessing loads of people will head the same way I do after the park closes?
(which is 10-11pm in June I think, and then Dreams, so it'll be close to midnight I think)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter