Break out the bubbly and warn the waiters...she's coming back!

Alright its a date lady!! We'll meet up Saturday evening and find us a good spot to listen to some good music and I will make sure you don't end up on a pool lounger after you have delighted in all that the WS has to offer ( just kidding LOL) :rotfl:

BTW totally think clowns are freaky too...not sure how I would handle that pool. Ever since I was forced (yes forced) to watch IT as a small child I have had no love for clowns LOL!

I wonder if that's a real problem that CM's have to watch out for. Do you think they patrol the lounge chairs at night to try to prevent it or just let sleeping drunks lie? :confused3

We wondered that, too.

Wouldn't it be fun?! The us all being together part not the drunken passed out part. ;)

Yes to the being together, no to the being passed out part. :rotfl:

Who knew the Animal Kingdom was such a party hotel! I totally missed that when I was there. ;)

:rotfl: :lmao::rotfl2: Yes, it was a surprise to me, too, that my African paradise was also a partying hotel. They were quiet partiers though.

Can't you just picture CP in her tinkerbell shirt skipping down for coffee and running into this guy?! :laughing: I had no idea there was such a seedy side of Disney - in the deluxe resorts, no less!

He was very nicely dressed -- just still drinking at 6:30 -- my guess is he didn't make it to rope drop that day! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I'm with you on the clown thing!! I don't mind the real thing but there is something about that pool that is just so :scared:. You know how every now and then you run into like clown art or something like that...I don't like those either. Real = no problem, fake = creepy!

I also feel this way though about anything that is over exaggerated. This may explain why the value resorts don't appeal to me and I could never stay at POFQ (those alligators bug the crap out of me) Frankly, I'm not terribly fond of that dragon pool either (I forget which resort that one is at) I would rather see a real alligator or dragon!

And yes...I have issues! :rotfl2:

Okay, I just have to chime on the creepy clown thing.

The pictures of that pool freak. me. out. Seriously! And I have no issues with clowns. In any way, shape, or form. They don't scare me, and I love the oversize stuff at the values and mods (usually) but some reason that pool gives me the heebity geebies. :lmao:

Oooo, that would be nice.

However, you'd miss some of the cuteness that is the band. :thumbsup2

Oooh... they're cute too? Bonus! ;)

Alright its a date lady!! We'll meet up Saturday evening and find us a good spot to listen to some good music and I will make sure you don't end up on a pool lounger after you have delighted in all that the WS has to offer ( just kidding LOL) :rotfl:

BTW totally think clowns are freaky too...not sure how I would handle that pool. Ever since I was forced (yes forced) to watch IT as a small child I have had no love for clowns LOL!

Oh goody! A date! Can't wait!! Thanks for the clown validation! :upsidedow

We wondered that, too.

Yes to the being together, no to the being passed out part. :rotfl:

:rotfl: :lmao::rotfl2: Yes, it was a surprise to me, too, that my African paradise was also a partying hotel. They were quiet partiers though.

He was very nicely dressed -- just still drinking at 6:30 -- my guess is he didn't make it to rope drop that day! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Beer at 6:30am. Wow. Who knew? I will be on the lookout for partiers and lounge chair sleepers at Beach Club. This could be a whole new cult we've uncovered! ;)

I'm with you on the clown thing!! I don't mind the real thing but there is something about that pool that is just so :scared:. You know how every now and then you run into like clown art or something like that...I don't like those either. Real = no problem, fake = creepy!

I also feel this way though about anything that is over exaggerated. This may explain why the value resorts don't appeal to me and I could never stay at POFQ (those alligators bug the crap out of me) Frankly, I'm not terribly fond of that dragon pool either (I forget which resort that one is at) I would rather see a real alligator or dragon!

And yes...I have issues! :rotfl2:

Think the dragon pool is POFQ too- if that's the one that used to be Dixie Landings. You guys are making me feel so much better on the clown thing... I thought I was being silly!

Okay, I just have to chime on the creepy clown thing.

The pictures of that pool freak. me. out. Seriously! And I have no issues with clowns. In any way, shape, or form. They don't scare me, and I love the oversize stuff at the values and mods (usually) but some reason that pool gives me the heebity geebies. :lmao:

Hurrah! It's not just me! Boardwalk is such a great location but seriously, they MUST do something about that pool! We should start a petition, a campaign, a sit-in until they change it. ;) I'd suggest a hunger strike but I wouldn't make it 5 minutes. :laughing:

------------------------

Well, my friends, today is a milestone in trip planning. :confused3 I am officially double digit dancing!

:woohoo::woohoo::dance3::woohoo::woohoo:

No matter what my ticker says. I know others have had issues with their tickers - somehow mine is a day off, I think.

ADR day is a week from tomorrow- or maybe Friday. I can't figure out which one b/c I have a split reservation. A 1 night only then the remaining ressie using a code. The two are linked together but I'm not sure if they'll give me the benefit of the "90 days plus 10" from the 90 days out from the 1 night or if I have to wait to the next day. Does that make sense? Anyone know?

And I see that online ADRs have been released for everyone. I took a quick look last night. The pages seemed slow to load. I think you'd really have to prioritize and go for the most popular first. I'm not sure... I think I may still go the old-fashioned route and call. :confused3 What do you think?

I couldn't even get into online reservations. Normally, I'm all about the computer / the interent, etc, but I think I'll be calling when it's time to make my ressies. More than likely, I'll use the computer if we don't get something, and then check it daily instead of calling, if that makes sense.

Yes, I remember the lead singer being adorable and some of the other band members were pretty cute, too. Not my type at all, but doesn't mean I can't appreciate the view.

Okay, I couldn't resist.

Check out the lead in the middle! And wait until you hear him sing. :faint:

bbvd.jpg

I have surfed around in the system a bit this morning and found it ok with regard to speed, but that was about 9:30 am my time, which is 3:30 am in Florida. So it might be much slower at 7 am in Florida. By the way, at 3:30 am, I would not have been able to make an ADR for 9/15, now this is an option, so it seems that the next day does not become available at midnight.

I guess calling might still be better if you get a good CM. Alternatively you could try to mulit task and do your own ADRs on the computer while you are on the phone, especially if you end up in a queue.

By the way, touringplans.com has in thier blog section a piece on how difficult it is to get ADRs for specific restaurants, this might be good for developing a strategy! Have fun planning!

And double digits is great!!! :cool1:

clowns.... icky! We once had a clown at the grocery store I was working at when I was 17 and I nearly started crying when he came too close to me. :::::shivers:::::

ADR's!! Woo Hoo! I was wondering if you could do it at midnight the night before your official ADR day? :laughing: A little obsessive?

WOO HOO for double digits!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

I think I might do a little multi-tasking for my next trip. Call and be online trying to make things. I wonder how well that would work....:confused3

Thanks for validating my clown fears. :upsidedow Can't you just picture CP in her tinkerbell shirt skipping down for coffee and running into this guy?! :laughing: I had no idea there was such a seedy side of Disney - in the deluxe resorts, no less!

Your clown fears are totally legit! :rotfl: My DH doesn't even think he'd ever like Cirque because of the creepy clowns! At first he said it was a circus atmsophere, but I told him it's not like a regular circus and we saw a bit of info on it--then he admitted.

It was the clowns.

And the clown side at BW is very weird. The giant orange hair...the spitting out of the mouth...I am surprised they keep it in all honesty since I'm sure there are MANY people tweaked by it!

And the visual of CP in her Tinkerbell shirt running into that guy at 6:30 am is pretty priceless. Love it! :goodvibes

Yeay for double digits!!!

I will be anxiously awaiting to see how you do the whole ADR thing -- I am very curious about the online ADRs and how they will work!

Yes, keep an eye out for the early morning partiers at Beach Club -- this may be something that we should keep track of! :lmao:

Yay for double digits C!!!! :cool1: And your ADR's are sneaking up on you, too!! I'm with you, I was happy I didn't know the new ADR system was available yesterday morning when I called to book my ADR's....so it was tempting, but I did go on and try to play with it last night and couldn't even got on!! So, I'd call.....just in case!!!;)

party:party:party:party:party:party:

Double Digit Party!! WOO HOO!!!

I'm super-excited about ADRs.... since some are mine too:rolleyes:

I REALLY hope that you get all the OTHER ones too:thumbsup2

I go 102 days to go.... darn it... i should have planned to go sooner:laughing:

paula

I couldn't even get into online reservations. Normally, I'm all about the computer / the interent, etc, but I think I'll be calling when it's time to make my ressies. More than likely, I'll use the computer if we don't get something, and then check it daily instead of calling, if that makes sense.

Makes total sense! I feel pretty similarly. Generally if I can do something myself on the computer and NOT have to talk to a person I'm all for it but in this case I am uneasy. Maybe it's b/c Disney ADRs are too important to monkey around with! :laughing:

Okay, I couldn't resist.

Check out the lead in the middle! And wait until you hear him sing.

bbvd.jpg

Oh, thank you. A picture to go along with the planning. He's not who I thought I remembered was the lead singer...or has it changed? Or then again it's been a few years... :rolleyes1

I have surfed around in the system a bit this morning and found it ok with regard to speed, but that was about 9:30 am my time, which is 3:30 am in Florida. So it might be much slower at 7 am in Florida. By the way, at 3:30 am, I would not have been able to make an ADR for 9/15, now this is an option, so it seems that the next day does not become available at midnight.

I guess calling might still be better if you get a good CM. Alternatively you could try to mulit task and do your own ADRs on the computer while you are on the phone, especially if you end up in a queue.

By the way, touringplans.com has in thier blog section a piece on how difficult it is to get ADRs for specific restaurants, this might be good for developing a strategy! Have fun planning!

And double digits is great!!!

I like the multi-tasking idea. I think that is what I'll try. I just listened to the WDW Today podcast on my way home today. What an interesting show about the lead times required for different restaurants. No surprise that Le Cellier requires 90 days but Brown Derby only requires 5?? Do people know what they are missing?! :scared1:

clowns.... icky! We once had a clown at the grocery store I was working at when I was 17 and I nearly started crying when he came too close to me. :::::shivers:::::

ADR's!! Woo Hoo! I was wondering if you could do it at midnight the night before your official ADR day? A little obsessive?

You are an obsessive amongst friends and fellow obsessives! And another non-clown person! I wondered the same thing about midnight. It doesn't sound like it works that way. :sad2:

WOO HOO for double digits!!

I think I might do a little multi-tasking for my next trip. Call and be online trying to make things. I wonder how well that would work..

Woo Hoo indeed. Yes, I think multi-tasking is the way to go. I will let you know how it works in a little more than a week! :yay:

Your clown fears are totally legit! :rotfl: My DH doesn't even think he'd ever like Cirque because of the creepy clowns! At first he said it was a circus atmsophere, but I told him it's not like a regular circus and we saw a bit of info on it--then he admitted.

It was the clowns.

And the clown side at BW is very weird. The giant orange hair...the spitting out of the mouth...I am surprised they keep it in all honesty since I'm sure there are MANY people tweaked by it!

And the visual of CP in her Tinkerbell shirt running into that guy at 6:30 am is pretty priceless. Love it!

Seriously. Boardwalk has to do something. Your hubby is so cute finally admitting that it is the clowns!

Yeay for double digits!!!

I will be anxiously awaiting to see how you do the whole ADR thing -- I am very curious about the online ADRs and how they will work!

Yes, keep an eye out for the early morning partiers at Beach Club -- this may be something that we should keep track of!

I have to say, the double digit thing snuck up on me. And the way the summer always flies by I bet the trip will be here in no time. And now I have your fantastic TR to pass the time! :goodvibes

Isn't it a little exciting and a little scary for us hard core DIS'ers to have something new in online ADRs just when we thought we had this thing down to a science? :laughing:

Yay for double digits C!!!! And your ADR's are sneaking up on you, too!! I'm with you, I was happy I didn't know the new ADR system was available yesterday morning when I called to book my ADR's....so it was tempting, but I did go on and try to play with it last night and couldn't even got on!! So, I'd call.....just in case!!!

I have to pop over to your report and see what you got! Hope it all went smoothly! :)

Did you say ADR's? Cant wait to hear what you got.

I can't wait to hear what Kristen got either! And looking forward to sharing what I get... which will hopefully be everything I want. And more! :upsidedow

Double Digit Party!! WOO HOO!!!

party:party:party:party:party:

I'm super-excited about ADRs.... since some are mine too:rolleyes:

I REALLY hope that you get all the OTHER ones too:thumbsup2

I go 102 days to go.... darn it... i should have planned to go sooner:laughing:

paula

Thanks for the dance party! You'll be double digit disco'ing soon!

that clown slide is creeeeee-peeeeeee. :scared1:

I actually made my husband walk over to BW one year just to see the pool in person and even he was taken aback by it. Waterslides are cool, but not when it makes it seem like you're being barfed into a pool by a wacked out clown. :laughing:

I have to say, the double digit thing snuck up on me. And the way the summer always flies by I bet the trip will be here in no time. And now I have your fantastic TR to pass the time! :goodvibes

Isn't it a little exciting and a little scary for us hard core DIS'ers to have something new in online ADRs just when we thought we had this thing down to a science? :laughing:

Yes, it is very scary with the whole new online ADRs -- that is why I am watching all of you attempt them so carefully! :thumbsup2

Happy to find you! I haven't been DISing as much in the last oh 6 months so it is nice to find old names I know and catch up!

A 10 day trip! Sounds fab! And during F&W which sounds so nice! I see your ADR day is soon. Fit Kona in somewhere! The food is great, the bread and macadamia nut butter is to die for!

Allyson :surfweb:

Oh, thank you. A picture to go along with the planning. He's not who I thought I remembered was the lead singer...or has it changed? Or then again it's been a few years... :rolleyes1

I don't think he's changed, but I also think the photo doesn't do him justice. I remember MUCH cuter in person. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter