Breastfeeding welcome in WDW?

Just to expand on what Lisaost has said, if you wear a button down shirt, don't button down to nurse, it show more skin this way. Unbutton from the bottom up it will keep much more covered.
Another thing to think of if you aren't that comfortable NIP,(nursing in public) you will be at WDW, chances are noone cares what you are doing, they are trying to get where they are going. And second, if they happen to catch a view :) you will never see any of these people again.

When nursing at home pretend you are out in public so you get accustomed to being discreet about it.

Jacksmom if you have any more nursing type of questions I know a great breastfeeding web site, just let me know.

Thanks Lisa and Stacey! I think the button down shirts are a good idea, and maybe I can steal a couple of my DH's t-shirts. Stacey could you send me the link for that web site? I could always use more info. Thanks again!
Kim

JC Penney has nursing outfits in women's sizes--you can pick up the maternity catalog free at the catalog section (or call and order one). It costs nothing to look to see if they have anything you like. I would suggest practicing in the mall for WDW a few times. Also, a number of the shows, etc. are dark as well as air conditioned, good for a little "snack". Lion King, Little Mermaid, TTA, all come to mind. A woman BF'd next to us in Mermaid on our last trip--if I hadn't been experienced, I would never have known. I suspect your biggest issue will be keeping everyone hydrated vs. showing more than you mean to! Just keep a good attitude, you'll do great!

OOOH BuzznBelle'smom - that's a good point....very important to keep drinking water yourself....all day long because if you get dehydrated it would adversely affect your milk supply and then nursing will become VERY difficult under the best circumstances. So keep a water bottle with you at all times and keep drinking and drinking.

If your shirts tend to show your tummy when you're nursing, a blanket <i>under</i> the baby will cover that up. A blanket wrapped around your shoulders or exposed tummy skin basically announce to the world that you're nursing. (Not that there's anything wrong with it, but there's also nothing wrong with wanting some privacy.) Holding a blanket under the baby will cover your tummy and not make baby too hot.

I took a 5mo to WDW a while back. (She went twice before her 2nd birthday!)

I had every intention of nursing her where ever I could find a reasonably quiet/private spot. She was SO easily distracted, though, that I ended up using the baby care centers instead. (She kept popping off to see what was going on...and there's always something going on at WDW!)

The baby care centers were WONDERFUL. Nice little private air conditioned nursing rooms with rocking chairs. Very clean, well stocked changing areas. Microwaves. Check them out even if your baby does nurse well at WDW.

The bra is the key to happy public bf.
Invest in a top notch easy to undo and do up style. Go to a specialty store or search online for the best advice.

You should feel well supported (no pun intended) in bf at WDW. It is a family place. Most people are too busy to pay attention to baby mealtime. The nursing stations are not to keep you out of view, but provide a clean, comfy place to relax.

Let us know how it goes!!!!!
I bf in the Hall of Presidents. What would Lincoln think of that?

Jacksmom99 .. if you sew (or know someone who does, like you could really make clothes with a baby in the house) Elizabeth Lee Designs is a great company that make nursing clothes patterns. The designs are great and most of the clothes it is hard to tell they are nuring tops.

Instead of a blanket why not try a cotton cot sheet if you feel the need for something, I breastfed my eldest son (although not at WDW, I was pregnant with him for our first visit), and although I am quite reserved and not an exhibitionised it can be done so discreetly that no one knows, I have fed on the Underground, on a park bench and even during a church service, the key is definatly a good nursing bra, go and have a fitting, and you'll never look back. Due to a problem with my second son's mouth I couldn't breast feed him so he had the bottle, which bothered me at first, but I had to do what was best for him and me, but I do think that I missed out on those extra special Mummy cuddles that Daniel got. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter