Brian's Wish for Magic!! MAW cruise 3/27-4/3/10

I hear your Girl Scout cookie pain!! :lmao: My daughter sold over 200 boxes this year!! Ack! I am so done with cookies right now and its not even over. I am waiting on several boxes still... grr.
I saw you wanted to make Brian a WISH shirt, have you looked her on the boards for the designs? They have lots of cool WISH ones! You can just do the iron on ones. I have had great luck with them and making my kiddos shirts! And then you can make him a bunch of them! :goodvibes I bet even if you asked Milliepie (a Diser- I found her thread recently) she would make him a special star wars one, if one isn't already out there! :goodvibes Let me know if you can't find anything and I will look for you. If all else fails- I will make one for him and mail it to you if you let me know soon!! You leave soon! :goodvibes Private message me if you'd like!

I have found some great disigns and Milliepie and Littlemissmagic have been great!!! I think I should be ok with the shirts. I'm not very crafty and my husband is in charge of the ironing!!! He even irons the patches on DD brownie vest!!LOL!!!! But I delivered 3 babies, I have a college degree and handle the house with a sick kid...I CAN make a shirt (I hope)!!!

Sorry Mary.. :( I have been in Vomit fest hell here :( It's going through our house. I'm just now feeling better and DH gets it :(

I was sorta sad that Ashley's wish chapter doesn't give out shirts, have parties, or allow you to pay to extend your trip like some of the chapters do.

Also, I'm glad your going ahead of me on the cruise so you can give me pointers :-) Yes, it is a lot of work to cruise.. even if it is a MAW trip :lmao:

Just checking in.. 2 more weeks for you and two more months for me :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Your DD Is BEAUTIFUL and how cool about the IRISH dancing :-)

Thanks! I'm glad she is doing it...I always tell my mother that I wish I had done it when I was younger. It is very popular amoung her friends..I think 10-12 girls in her class are taking lessons. and then they teach the ones who aren't during recess. So the whole 3rd grade class is jumping around!!

That stomach flu is nasty...we had it a few weeks ago..went around the whole house!!!

I will keep you posted on the cruise. I'll give you the do's and don'ts. A do...If you have not done it yet, see if you can get a reservation for Palo. It's the adults only restaurant and books up fast.

2 more weeks:banana: My goodness it is coming up soon! My dd is in girlscouts as well and it is so hard not to eat all of these cookies! :rotfl2: They just look at you with THAT look;)

2 more weeks:banana: My goodness it is coming up soon! My dd is in girlscouts as well and it is so hard not to eat all of these cookies! :rotfl2: They just look at you with THAT look;)

:lmao:They keep staring at me, begging me to eat them!!! I was hoping to loose a few more pounds before we left, but those cookies are calling me night and day!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Can you post your wish dates in your thread title? I have a hard time finding your thread sometimes :(

I know you go to your first post in the thread. I have changed mine once before. Let me go back in and see if I can remember :-)

I'm so glad you all get this cruise. You deserve it! Your son sounds like a real trooper! My daughter definately is not! When she was 2 yrs. old and had a kidney infection and it took 7 nurses to hold her down for blood work! That same year she had her tonsills out and the nurses joked they would call in the calvary when it was her medicine time! (And her daddy is a doctor!)

Well I will take a few minutes to at least start my trip report!!

Let me first introduce the cast members!!

Me (Mary) A fulltime Wife, mother, and housekeeper!! A partime L&D nurse!

DH (Bob) A wonderful husband and devoted Dad

DS (Bobby-11) Oldest child. Does not really care for the responsibilies sometimes, but is compassionate and truly feels for his brother when he is not feeling his best. Loves video games and pizza!!

DD ( Catherine-8) She is a piece of work!! Funny, outgoing, loves to sing and dance, and will probably follow in my footsteps into the nursing field!! She is always right there when the nurse comes to do things for Brian! She asks questions and the sight of blood does not bother her one bit!!

DS (Brian-6) Our MAW child. Brian has Cystic Fibrosis. for those of you who do not know what this is..It is a genetic disorder that effects the mucous membanes of the body, basically the lungs and the digestive system. He has been on medications since he was 3 weeks old!! I was lucky to have had him diagnosed while in utero (I was 21 weeks pregnant when I got the news! Like 9-11 it is a day that I can remember everything that happened, where I was, and who I was with!!) Brian is the light of my life, the apple of my eye and the thorn in my side!! LOL!! This has nothing to do with his illness!!! He is a very active 6 yo boy! He is as smart as a whip and picks up everything! He holds the record in school for the most number of times a kindergartener was sent to the principal's office!! :scared1::scared1: It is a good thing she loves him or I would be looking for another school!!

Well that is the cast!! I will get into more details later but I just noticed the time and I have to get ready to go out!!

I hope you enjoy reading this!! I have enjoyed the ones that I have read!! Laughing and crying...sometimes at the same time!!!

Mary

We did a four night Disney Cruise for our daughter's MAW trip Nov '08 and it was amazing! They really pull out all of the stops for your whole family. Besides the fact that your family is younger than ours, we have a few commonalities--I'm a FT homemaker and former L&D nurse! Plus, my sons, especially Ethan (15) is a singer/dancer/theater guy. I hope we get the chance to meet, but I at least wanted to wish you a great MAW trip. I know that it will be all Brian dreams it will be! Pam

We did a four night Disney Cruise for our daughter's MAW trip Nov '08 and it was amazing! They really pull out all of the stops for your whole family. Besides the fact that your family is younger than ours, we have a few commonalities--I'm a FT homemaker and former L&D nurse! Plus, my sons, especially Ethan (15) is a singer/dancer/theater guy. I hope we get the chance to meet, but I at least wanted to wish you a great MAW trip. I know that it will be all Brian dreams it will be! Pam

Pam.. did you do a TR? I'd love to read it.. we will be doing a 4 night MAW Cruise too :-)

I would love to hear all about your MAW cruise!! I noticed that you had done one on our cruise meet thread. We are planning to meet in the promanade Lounge at 3pm. we can share some L&D Horror stories......I mean wonderful experiences!!!

WOW!!

5 days!!

That is so awesome! I love the anticipation of a trip - and the anticipation of a trip of a lifetime is even better!! :woohoo:

Have a blast!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

:wizard:
WOW!!

5 days!!

That is so awesome! I love the anticipation of a trip - and the anticipation of a trip of a lifetime is even better!! :woohoo:

Have a blast!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Thanks!! But it's actually 1 week and 5 days, but that's not far off.

Well, I have not updated in a little bit. Work has been crazy....wonder what happened 9 mos ago that is causing this little baby boom!!:confused3:confused3

Trying to get clothes together, make sure I have all Brian's medications that his currently taking and those he may need. We went shopping over the weekend to get the kids new sneakers, books to read (not they will read them, but I feel better knowing I tried!!). They each get to pick out a new game for their Nintendo DS, to occupy them on the plane.

I noticed recently that the battery for our camera wasn't holding a charge for very long, so while out shopping we stopped at Best Buy to get a new battery. Well they don't carry the battery any longer:scared1::scared1: The camera is 5 or 6 years old. So I, of course, start looking for a new camera. I mean what else would anyone do??:confused3 This is Brian's MAW trip, besides a great family vacation, and it's Brian birthday (i'm sure they will have a cake for him)!! Well DH was "We don't need a new camera, try another store for the battery, blah, blah, blah" So I respond...Fine, If you don't want any pictures from the trip...that's your problem!!' and we leave the store....me not talking to him for a couple hours!!:mad::mad:

That was Sunday, Monday night Brian's wish grantor's came to drop all the paperwork. They gave us the itinerary for the cruise, the info about the airport transfers, & the spending check (wow that shocked me a little). When they got to the house they had a gift for Brian. He takes it to open it while one of them begins to review the packet with me....Well wouldn't you know it...Brian comes running into the dining room to show me his new camera!!!!:yay::yay: A digital camera that is waterproof to 10 ft!!:cool1: Totally shocked, he is loving it!! Me... I'm happy but a little annoyed, because I wanted to make DH husband shell out the money to but a new camera on the ship!!!:lmao::lmao: It would have cost him a bundle!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well for the cruise plans....The limo will be here to pick us up at 4:55am:scared1: I don't sleep well the night before so it's fine for me, the kids will nap on the plane, and they probably won't sleep well either. It's a 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise. So Sat, Sun, and Monday are at sea days. Tuesday we are in St. Maarten, Wesnesday is St Thomas, Thursday at sea (Brian's 7th Birthday:woohoo::woohoo:), Friday Castaway Cay (disney's private island) and Saturday port canaveral, then home. Sunday is Easter and I think I'm cooking for the family....not sure why and hoping that will change.

Getting ready to wrap it up for the night, but needed to share this. I get to school today to pick up the kids and Bobby's teacher tells me that he was not himself today and may not be feeling well, OK no big deal. Next, I hear a cough like a seal barking, turn to see my daughter coming down the hall, now I cringe. and the finale....Brian comes out the classroom with the beautiful booger nose we all know and not really love!! Not now...10 days until we leave!!! :scared1::scared1: Hoping and praying these are all mild things that will pass. As I sit here typing this, I can hear Catherine barking from her room. She sounds like she could use a little orapred. Guess we will be seeing the pediatrician tomorrow instead of the St. Patrick's Day lunch with the girls that I had planned:shamrock:

I'm done for the night. Hope everyone has a Happy St. Patty's Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter