Bridetobe82's Planning Journal (Disneyland Bride Updated 1/17)

BrideToBe82

Mouseketeer
Richard and Vanessa's Wedding
August 11, 2007​

Vanessa_s_Ring___Front_View-1.jpg

The Proposal
July 26, 2006
Rich made dinner reservations at one of my favorite restaurants for my birthday. After dinner we walked outside and there was a horse drawn carriage waiting for us outside. I was so surprised but I had no idea that Rich was going to ask me to marry him. We were riding around downtown Austin and right when the sun went down Rich asked me, “Will you be my family? Will you marry me?” I was so surprised and kept asking him if he was serious. When he showed me my amazing ring I knew he was serious and I said yes! This was the most perfect proposal and the best birthday yet!

Ceremony: Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel

RCGGazebo3.jpg

rosegardengazebo.jpg

Reception: Pavilion at the Disneyland Hotel
Pavilion1.jpg

Pavilion2.jpg

We will ride off in Cinderella's Coach!
CinderellaCoach.jpg

My colors are lavender and light pink
Lilac.jpg
PearlPink.jpg

Bridesmaid Dresses and Shoes
Bridesmaid6-1.jpg

bridesmaidshoes.jpg

Possible Groom's Tux-the Groomsmen would wear lavender ties
69.jpg

My Dress (St. Pucchi-I am in love!) :love:
knspspf06z212m.jpg

Detail on the bodice princess:
BodiceDetails.jpg

My Shoes (Lindsey style by Grace)
MyShoes.jpg

My Earings (I'll take a better pic when they come in)
IMG_0161.jpg

Vendor List
Officiant - Rev. Carolyn Alexander

Photographer - Michael Norwood

Videographer - Today's The Day Weddings

Hair/Makeup - Hair Comes The Bride

My Dress - Alexia Gavela

Tiara and Earings - Belle Saison Bridal

Thanks so much for including all the pictures - what a great resource!

Invitations/Programs/RSVP Cards/Seating Cards
MyWeddingInvitations.jpg

I'm going to add a crystal to my seating cards like this
5-7055.jpg

DIY Bridesmaids Newsletter
De-identifiedBridesmaidNewsletter1.jpg
De-identifiedBridesmaidNewsletter2.jpg

DIY CD Favor
IMG_0177.jpg

DIY Unity Candle
UnityCandle.jpg

First trial of DIY Bag
IMG_0056.jpg

OOT Gable Boxes-we will be doing something like this with lavender ribbon and our monogram (the bags were way too much work to make 100 of them!)
34747837Ffp33nu32337792322324779323.jpg

Tears of Joy Packs-I haven't decided if I'm going to make these yet
wed_win00_good_tears_l.jpg

Honeymoon- 7 night Western Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean
Honeymoon.gif

Wow! You have so much done. THats amazing. I love all of the ideas and can't wait to see more!

I've been busy this weekend doing wedding stuff! I finally finished my newsletters for my guests and we will get them in the mail tomorrow. I'll also post a pic of the newsletter when I get a chance. My guests have been asking A TON of questions so I thought this would be a good way to answer most of their questions all at once. princess:

Sparkles is inspecting the newsletters (I used Disney stamps)
NewsletterandSparkles.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

I finished my I DO letters this weekend...they will go on my cake table. I scattered little crystals all over the letters. In case if you are wondering I bought my I DO letters from Michaels.

IDOLetters.jpg

I also purchased my garter and toss garter this weekend. I found a great website recommended by another bride that lets you completely customize your garter and other items (ring pillow, etc) for a great price ($5!). I'll let you know how they turn out! http://kdbridaldesigns.com/

I sent these two pics as inspiration for my garter
C7702W-2-1.jpg

purplechiffongarter.jpg

I did some shopping this weekend!! princess: I take pics of everything wedding related hehe so I thought I would share...

I bought 70 of these Mickey pencils for my Welcome Boxes (I cleaned Target out!)...

MickeyPencils-1.jpg

I found the cutest Cinderella doll for my flowergirl at the Disney Outlet store...

FlowerGirlGift.jpg

I found this cute iron on at Target that I will be ironing on a shirt for my flowergirl...

IfTheShoeFits.jpg

For my bridesmaids gifts I bought each of them a tote w/pink handles from http://nnichols.com The tote will come with their names on them...

boattotes.jpg

I will put these flip flops from Old Navy in the totes (I just need to find one more pair)...

FlipFlops.jpg

I have also picked up other little things along the way to put in the totes...

LipSmackers.jpg

Nails.jpg

DisneyNotepads.jpg

I love reading your journal! I cleaned out the Target dollar bin also!! I got the coloring books and vintage mickey story books for the children that will be attending our wedding!!! I was so excited when I walked into Target and saw all the Mickey stuff!!

Scottsbride- I LOVE the dollar section at Target! I always have to look and see what they have when I'm there. The kids are going to love the coloring books and story books!

We bought our wedding bands today!! I'm sooo excited to see them in person! We bought them from www.bluenile.com my FI had a great experience with them for both my promise ring and my engagement ring. I highly recommend them! princess:

Here is my FI's band- Platinum 6mm comfort fit

RichsWeddingBand.jpg

Here is my amazing band in platinum (I love it!)

VanessasWeddingBand.jpg

Here's my band with my ring

VanessasWeddingBandandRing.jpg

Great planning jornal! I love your dress- it is amazing! Thanks for providing the tote bag link- you have helped me scratch one more thing off my todo list! Happy planning! :wave:

Vanessa

Where did you get the tote bags in the DIY picture? I'm been looking for inexpensive ones for my welcome bags.

thanks! :goodvibes

Disneydreamgirl~Thanks! I can't wait to wear my band...8 more long months!

Stephsfl~Thanks! It was the first dress I tried on and I LOVE it!

Autumnbride2b~ I got my tote bags from Hobby Lobby (check their website they always have 40% off coupons). This was way too much work for me and it would have been much more expensive so I decided to do Gable boxes instead. You can find Gable boxes for a great price at http://www.bagsandbowsonline.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter