bridge GF to MK

giphy.gif

Pretty sweet to have another walking path.

I expect the next major infrastructure for transportation will likely be Phase 2 for Skyliner. It's going to be a while.

I think it will expand. It's hugely successful, it's a cost saver in cast and infrastructure. Long term amortization of the capital cost is cheaper than refreshing a fleet of buses and the labor involved in running them. Buses won't go away but the fleet could be pared down.

I wouldn't have been surprised to see the expansion in a 10 year plan prior to covid. Now, that might be in a 25 year plan.

I think it will expand. It's hugely successful, it's a cost saver in cast and infrastructure. Long term amortization of the capital cost is cheaper than refreshing a fleet of buses and the labor involved in running them. Buses won't go away but the fleet could be pared down.

I wouldn't have been surprised to see the expansion in a 10 year plan prior to covid. Now, that might be in a 25 year plan.
I don’t doubt that. I just wouldn’t expect it in the next 5 years.

I don’t doubt that. I just wouldn’t expect it in the next 5 years.

I agree it's far away.

I just can't think of any of major structural work they will need to spend towards "moving people", outside whatever they are going to do with Galaxy's Edge and the Galactic Starcruiser.

They did plan out additional lines with Doppelmayr, I believe it was 14 total. But considering what’s happened, those plans will likely be irrelevant by the time they’d actually get around to it.

I agree it's far away.

I just can't think of any of major structural work they will need to spend towards "moving people", outside whatever they are going to do with Galaxy's Edge and the Galactic Starcruiser.
That’s a shuttle “bus”

They are going to eventually have to do something with the monorails tho...

They did plan out additional lines with Doppelmayr, I believe it was 14 total. But considering what’s happened, those plans will likely be irrelevant by the time they’d actually get around to it.

On a recent podcast I just listened to do, Jim Hill expects SL Version 2 to include full depots with shopping, quick snacks and restrooms. Those things would offset the infrastructure costs and if they can prove that it's a revenue generator, it may pick up steam again.

That’s a shuttle “bus”

They are going to eventually have to do something with the monorails tho...

I thought the shuttle was going to drop off you at Galaxy's Edge, not the front of the DHS. There has to be infrastructure built for that I'm guessing or maybe they will just back roads?

I thought the shuttle was going to drop off you at Galaxy's Edge, not the front of the DHS. There has to be infrastructure built for that I'm guessing or maybe they will just back roads?
It’s built into SWGE already. I don’t think the expectation is guests will be park hopping and visiting all the parks during two days at this hotel.

This walkway is improving GF a few notches in my book. Love the idea of being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom.

Is there any additional info on the other lines? Would love to see a map if they released such a thing.

I could see the next step being a line to Disney Springs as they have a big investment over there and being able to "pop over" for dinner would be a huge boost.

So watching the video of guests using it today it seems it plops you out in front of regular security instead of having a separate screening like he Contemporary walkway?

If it ever happens I'll be more than happy to come back here and eat my fair share of crow, but I'd like to point out that Disney has filed many a permit for projects that never came to fruition, so I'll stand by the statements I've made until such time as they're proven conclusively wrong.
Is that now yet or no?

Do guests have access to this path I circled as a slight shortcut if we're parked in the Villain lots?FB3.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter