Bring Back HYPERSPACE Mountain! Sept 2016 TR - NEW 3/17 COMPLETED! THE END!

I love cheese and I love berries but I don't think I've ever combined them....however, that really is tempting my taste buds right now! Oh and the Parmesan and garlic on the fries sounds divine!

It is quite delicious. The Cheese Monte Cristo wasn't really a sandwich, it was like battered fried cheese. It tasted really good, and together had a salty-sweet flavor that really worked. It's a deathly combination of sugar, fat, and carbs though I just realized. Eeek.

Glad you were able to solve the ADR/FP dilemma! Glad the rude was all you expected and more! Sounds like a wonderful morning/early afternoon. Looking forward to the rest of the day!

Lucky for us it all worked out in the end. I would be sad if I had to miss Hyperspace mountain, but I don't' think it would have come to that.
It was a great first morning despite the mix up and we had lots more to do that that as well!

I did however love these Diamond celebration ears because of the sparkly baby blue color, so I ended up getting these so I could wear them that day.
That's what caught my eye! I had thought I'd try some ears, and I saw the blue... I was a little hesitant of all the sequins, because I'm usually not blingy, but I put them on and was in love!

there was always a long wait on Star Tours which really surprised me
I don't remember it being so popular Feb 2015, but July was always an hour plus.

Was it really that good?

YES.

IT IS THAT GOOD.
I was a little hesitant, mostly because I'd only ridden the regular version once and I'm not a Star Wars fanatic, but IT WAS SO COOL. Though I didn't clap :laughing:

Pomme Frites to share. Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade.
Mmmmmmmm. I should really look up a recipe for that sauce. Amazing.

Three-Cheese Monte Cristo: Swiss, Mozzarella, and Double Crème Brie fried in a light batter and served with Berry Purée dusted with Powdered Sugar. This was really yummy, but very heavy. I liked the berry dipping sauce with the sandwhich. I think that definitely made it super good. It was too much for me to finish because the sandwich was HUGE!

It's a deathly combination of sugar, fat, and carbs though I just realized. Eeek.

BUT IT'S SO GOOOOOOOD. I've been trying to get into a decent regular diet, so that I don't feel so bad when I eat all the delicious things on vacation! That sandwich is huge though. I was really sad I couldn't take the leftovers with me!

One of the CM's asked what our FP was for, and when we said Hyperspace, he said, Oh I would DEFINITELY do that first.

It's nice that the CM was candid with you and let you know how things "really work". I'm going to keep that in mind for the future.

I never thought it was so popular before, but I guess because it's part of Tomorrowland and is one of the first attractions you see, it gets more foot traffic?

This is the thing that always boggles my mind about the two US parks. In DHS ST is a walk on practically. In DL there is always a wait close to an hour. TSMM in DHS has Crazy wait times and in DCA, it's usually only 30-40 minutes at its worst. You would think that each ride would see similar trends but they don't.

The DL version had the same stuff just laid out differently and it was more spacious.

I came to that conclusion over the winter when I had dual TRs going, one of our trip to WDW at Christmas and then I like to report on day trips to DL which I tack on the end of completed TRs. At first I thought DLs was larger, but when I looked at the pictures of the displays I realized it was pretty much the same stuff, just laid out differently.

YES.

IT IS THAT GOOD.

IT IS IN FACT, AMAZING!

::yes:: I wish I would have remembered to ride that when I was out there a couple weeks ago. We did the HM, but I had forgotten that SM gets the Ghost Galaxy overlay. I hope they put back Hyperspace Mountain when Halloween is over.

And there were a lot of people! It was packed that day

Since it was the tail end of the Marathon weekend, we avoided the parks like the plague!

We started with the Pomme Frites to share.

Always an excellent choice!

I was in a cheesy mood so I got the Three-Cheese Monte Cristo: Swiss, Mozzarella, and Double Crème Brie fried in a light batter and served with Berry Purée dusted with Powdered Sugar. This was really yummy, but very heavy.

The cheese Monte Cristo is very good, but I like the regular one. The turkey and ham actually helps to cut the gooeyness of the cheese. :scratchin I think we need to get out there and have a Monte Cristo before I leave on my WDW trip!

DH got the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich

So that's where it went. I read complaints about them taking it off the menu at the Hungry Bear.

Looking forward to seeing how you solve the next FP dilemma!

Love the photo pass photos!!

We had the same dishes at Cafe Orleans, only DH was the one to have the monte cristo and I had the fried green tom sandwich, you'll have to read my TR to see how we fared ;-) Glad you were able to make both the FP and the lunch ressie work though!!! I am finishing Maui and doing DL TR today!!!! Promise!!!!!

That's what caught my eye! I had thought I'd try some ears, and I saw the blue... I was a little hesitant of all the sequins, because I'm usually not blingy, but I put them on and was in love!

My thoughts exactly!

I don't remember it being so popular Feb 2015, but July was always an hour plus.

It's crazy how long the lines are compared to WDW

I was a little hesitant, mostly because I'd only ridden the regular version once and I'm not a Star Wars fanatic, but IT WAS SO COOL. Though I didn't clap :laughing:

So sad this closed after our first day!

Mmmmmmmm. I should really look up a recipe for that sauce. Amazing.

I'm a fry purist and like my fries with no sauce, not even ketchup although once in a while I'll dunk. Am I strange? LOL.

BUT IT'S SO GOOOOOOOD. I've been trying to get into a decent regular diet, so that I don't feel so bad when I eat all the delicious things on vacation! That sandwich is huge though. I was really sad I couldn't take the leftovers with me!

If me and DH ever eat here again we're totally sharing it! It's definitely worth a repeat visit!

It's nice that the CM was candid with you and let you know how things "really work". I'm going to keep that in mind for the future.

I hope this is true for most places!

This is the thing that always boggles my mind about the two US parks. In DHS ST is a walk on practically. In DL there is always a wait close to an hour. TSMM in DHS has Crazy wait times and in DCA, it's usually only 30-40 minutes at its worst. You would think that each ride would see similar trends but they don't.

Yeah it's really interesting to see what's popular in each destination. My DH was excited about the shorter lines at TSMM as that is one of his favorite rides. He didnt' go on it nearly as often though as RSR kinda took over our life when we were at DCA. We could not get enough of it!

I came to that conclusion over the winter when I had dual TRs going, one of our trip to WDW at Christmas and then I like to report on day trips to DL which I tack on the end of completed TRs. At first I thought DLs was larger, but when I looked at the pictures of the displays I realized it was pretty much the same stuff, just laid out differently.

Yeah that's what I thought. Also when you walk into the DL one it's kind of a big open space whereas WDW has separate rooms. They were both great and I enjoyed being able to see both of them.

::yes:: I wish I would have remembered to ride that when I was out there a couple weeks ago. We did the HM, but I had forgotten that SM gets the Ghost Galaxy overlay. I hope they put back Hyperspace Mountain when Halloween is over.

I hope so too! More reason to return to DL!!

Since it was the tail end of the Marathon weekend, we avoided the parks like the plague!

I honestly didn't know this until after I booked. Oh well.

The cheese Monte Cristo is very good, but I like the regular one. The turkey and ham actually helps to cut the gooeyness of the cheese. :scratchin I think we need to get out there and have a Monte Cristo before I leave on my WDW trip!

Yeah I figured the one with the meat would be less rich but I was feeling in a decadent mood, hehe.
That is a great idea! :thumbsup2

So that's where it went. I read complaints about them taking it off the menu at the Hungry Bear.

Looking forward to seeing how you solve the next FP dilemma!

The sandwich was good but I'd definitely get the Monte Cristo if we're there again.

Stay tuned!

Love the photo pass photos!!

Thanks! We definitely did not get quite as many PP Pictures as we do in WDW. It was harder to find PP photographers, at least for me.

We had the same dishes at Cafe Orleans, only DH was the one to have the monte cristo and I had the fried green tom sandwich, you'll have to read my TR to see how we fared ;-) Glad you were able to make both the FP and the lunch ressie work though!!! I am finishing Maui and doing DL TR today!!!! Promise!!!!!

Yum, can't wait to see how your meals compared!

When we arrived we told the CMs at the podium about our dilemma. They responded that they didn't have any availability to move it to any other time. BUT they also told me that as long as we checked in there at some point today it wouldn't be considered a cancellation even if it was a couple of hours lster. Good to know! One of the CM's asked what our FP was for, and when we said Hyperspace, he said, Oh I would DEFINITELY do that first.
It's a good thing I asked and now crisis averted!

Happy it worked out for you. Helpful CMs are always appreciated

But I totally believe I had a faulty gun because my score just wouldn't go up halfway through the ride...:rolleyes1

Well obviously it wasn't you. It was most definitely the gun

7jbGTrA_YGOYLqNc0GkzozjI5Up2MI-R_dnZ6twy9dpRe5qIQeeeXd4ePTH5UtAyPQvXztmlpcz15RKsqyMsZQZFc4PdQ0DT6HTjA2LrEIFeCh5UIXbzKLL9q6LM-2wKrArgLD6zOUNoBr51xPb3_VzhkF4iGeH-DF68TRB7qpPgf1Ibv7us-pVQAOfl3BaSA7MM9Q3E2Xi0qcfRzSufbvyoUsABRG-JCfRExSQLDsgyK14RNczaP4Q5tomn3XSnI6T5LgK6hQklVV5LkPIx9vNiPX9zFhOXCzrOCDMxAsp_wcxqHxOI3F01W-vhUSKKRePaVOFvU2lTcjGBL_u3XkwGeLg4kDrKGgRjVboNg3F1DGKub50fJ5PRZQg3P2aI4GxgzbLm7v5EpSJYKebwDGs3GzlmRNfqwpgioFJk0YoKv-Mx504p9mnHuZuzPDvIqAFmaK4KrpRi8kQTducBFGsjeapmw8te9p7-ZcXKX3bv00kPjefNa7Lr8l236pwNS6Q-SOzOkWWG4jMyJN_gb8dh-DE_XZlw3a4J9pzgqzcpk2olaw5PRX1Ao6T0isq6sCOl2b94fcLKut2zG4jmmlQre4Y39n4prKMO3c8EFrFGaVo98w=w775-h581-no

That's a much cooler ride photo than the one at WDW

And yes everyone clapped when the ride was over. Best ride ever!!

I don't think I've ever seen everyone clap after a ride. Must have been something really special. Glad you enjoyed it. Also nice to know that even non Star Wars fans loved it too

Very cute

We started with the Pomme Frites to share. Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade. I had heard these were really good fries and it didn't disappoint. Crisp fries with grated Parmesan and garlic, what's not to love?

gcPqOkRAAh9yOkzkSbMgDdm2U5DRBPuPIzEaIC2BwYXBhYD5_kcdPa0olbfrja3SuL2K3Xlp3PkgaX8kHcBaQ0FZUgZaQbMKyzimxq36QXHS0l2sckgVkbQK75yz1-Q0y63RIWcRviqR6XUUn--En2yxxlYvAmXBYu4hvxXiY05UId2fUqOx2o7JjyaPUEZV9oJeUt7SGQEnPkzHqX7c63qC91YcHM73_e9ynv5cKikdKOPVlvdKXVEctfsFuvh8GDguG51kzTfGeDrxXqD5mcQIADJw0h9bnLpdojAjtucSge57c53nQh1L2raAVc0pEUntY57bl_iI1uB7xXcuEZsJnmhzJ6TtUftCXgV7P8BD_RvQTi7w8xI-nQ4rrS3IU0jItQnFHACgXb9p-HKzdL_hCrH-ZW82WAwdL84og2y-BWtvTv-csDaYq69GmJIFekcyfr1wbEez-qi66jdqClN4nTh_ojGEAThfjf92ZUTSQ_sH-6eUKohMdBNEIUx-p_NiVjnYvFhKmTCSFByzKaNk8MJb3v7p9E6SKRN7IlHrDiWJfW7yDMMwvGZQKMhBrtP4tu3Q3I8Fih8VobqrtYqhQfZZpzwvqZdB0pVEmoIzqPFqVA=w775-h517-no

Oh, YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in a cheesy mood so I got the Three-Cheese Monte Cristo: Swiss, Mozzarella, and Double Crème Brie fried in a light batter and served with Berry Purée dusted with Powdered Sugar. This was really yummy, but very heavy. I liked the berry dipping sauce with the sandwhich. I think that definitely made it super good. It was too much for me to finish because the sandwich was HUGE! Luckily I was with two other people who liked it too. It kinda reminded me of a cross between puffy french toast from Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom, and a grilled cheese sandwich. Best of both worlds!

faycyWd3o969xlHIwFiEyNLk4jYipOfKYRlNzI-CbKvssLgX-_3xjwjXfcDUWldb6dNbjXbDsNLvm5LiVU5kuO5UW1-i4Nd9NP9kl1whzP5oHfMbsIXk3QZSWNE0NBFQ0xJco2ar0j3SHj5HyuexKwP0hoSjUvwF1MOE475SXPE5dSNN1MMjCfzigxHWVo_nTFbQErpxznwqQ_Pqoyc1YZHBs6ILfxG6hwpVQ-nWVFY9JpfzwJUs89nmSFXjpj3VnPt0p0YuR2VwsKK1lmrz1ttX5Cl0Pf4zcDPbtTJZ72OS8MEpHwgSO1JZvG4CTY9ktghKPyA6IIFl5uB92Fs_XYhvIhP_8u4j5XJ3N-cpLzl-dR35l4GdExsfS3byccyqvvcsoOmOe6SGbYwElUMJbXYbfss4Tlxl4JxZFHnLCmnKWUFBWK74xynILn4YOIBAbRLMktNKU1CW0D4p2STvPLQVMQwb5257a5Cyhw-Y_7t4WDJd2WDN0u1WbKAMNU1plWU0Qzjng0IJk5clkDjgoIIVTij4SNhf-sQ1OT3gpx5P5dWS9gGFq7nMZimSJTsgVgihUHPIgAhA0-OSMIcycrfPWGdSr7cE4G7X2XFNwivg6-7p8w=w775-h517-no

Double YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that melted cheese goodness is making my mouth seriously water

Love all your 60th Castle pics! And all the fun poses as well.
Can't wait to read about the rest of your day

I miss the Grand Californian! We stayed there last month for 6 nights ...it literally felt like home!
I too LOVE LOVE LOVED Hyperspace Mountain. I have to say that I am not a huge fan of Star Wars and literally know nothing about it, but the overlay was AMAZING! I think I even liked it more than the regular Space Mountain! Can't wait to read more of your trip report :) I know it was a packed day, but SO glad you got to experience all the goodies of the 60th!

Happy it worked out for you. Helpful CMs are always appreciated

I'm so glad everything worked out in the end. It was a bit of an unneeded situation (of which was my fault anyways) but now we got to try Cafe Orleans!

Well obviously it wasn't you. It was most definitely the gun

I just don't understand why all my guns are faulty! :rolleyes1

That's a much cooler ride photo than the one at WDW

Definitely! Although the WDW one appears to be a better digital quality.

I don't think I've ever seen everyone clap after a ride. Must have been something really special. Glad you enjoyed it. Also nice to know that even non Star Wars fans loved it too

It was very special. I think people were really amazed at how good it was. I was! The ride itself is much more smooth and more fun than WDWs, and the Star Wars overlay was great. I hope they bring it back so you can experience it next year!

Very cute

Thanks! My favorite park bag!

Oh, YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that melted cheese goodness is making my mouth seriously water

Definitely a must do for you! Although the portions were huge, at least for the Monte Cristo.

Love all your 60th Castle pics! And all the fun poses as well.
Can't wait to read about the rest of your day

Thanks!!

I miss the Grand Californian! We stayed there last month for 6 nights ...it literally felt like home!

It was great. I really enjoyed our stay there.
I too LOVE LOVE LOVED Hyperspace Mountain. I have to say that I am not a huge fan of Star Wars and literally know nothing about it, but the overlay was AMAZING! I think I even liked it more than the regular Space Mountain! Can't wait to read more of your trip report :) I know it was a packed day, but SO glad you got to experience all the goodies of the 60th!

Thanks!! It was such an amazing ride. It's nice to know that even Star Wars newbies liked the ride too! My sister really enjoyed it, and she didn't watch Star Wars until earlier this year, right before our Star Wars cruise. I think she's got into it a bit more but Sci Fi in general is not really her thing.

It was an amazing day...coming up you'll see all the additional things we did that day to celebrate the 60th!

Day 4 Part 3: A Ride Breakdown and Blue Bayou Dinner

DH and I finally arrived back at the GC after walking from DL. I took a detour walking through WoD because I was distracted by all the merchandise. So much stuff!

TDFIBBsmaqY72RPw-NrygcQYlO3uwv4hDmxTRLWmmo5ntw45ztKUXeftTOHJHbOF-mMmntmxSOhWgso-m3NF6n76XhV1DpK54s8YRY8mcwaS16DIlEacto7ZeE7-EHTi_xjhvi21iSNy2Ejnd3GKyD4C63T96a_GvIpFS2QTg-FbSShrF2X_RXv_kWjyU_7Nij_Tz4Qv-2n0AvnuLFs31efpKs1RaHMU4rFBW0hBd2fKbb4VGIpIDNBhcQBSL0BR99td8NdJiu2z3XmCR5NgCLY6FfQlyde5dkmqDCqjgc3dXxEww4WHVWSw_X9tVuwd7fCJOvyH7eC-OYMaCbgEdcpCZ89QSOYz_L00jsnDbOa9Exb3AK_mYMYPkIzqL1hzgEJeDbK1xxmHtyKC9aRqhUXDEkN5U-y9xRKGID1Kkn8dMoxedf6LZ0oPFAzngFy_sbcsH-ckx72l4AZw6KwRihj3I8Y1duKGYOhqabgfDAuvPUkGDOAd9ZLsMkzb5BFHXxcWW0qT-RNyY7tZL3x9kkWbFh9xpHQnqNGzfHVIdLT_X6JG2JsURs4vv9A7cx8I1PaC7BFSj9CDMmA10FgwL-DNa9pbv2ka22FYlkTAvAbSFE6F2A=w775-h517-no

Luckily our room was ready at that point. I can't remember the exact number but think it was something like 5125. We were on the 5th floor. Here's some pictures of our room:

fo1AUL17VsPXNG6Z7gXyUD2Z2QmmNMx7vRPmGCe1A8FM6PKPL9_7fA7TZfrNvVOF3daEz3bD9BtTvTVY-E6zLmrjenyMrrGLeuYgPf-H2rZF1y7__zDy1b7lto57WTnV8vyWLgcmVXN3JxpRzzM_BeuEL6pfrNfGzjuT9_OcrPU9VzzeSnQe1hCUFiJ4h4wTDd5wYTnnuoRidjJBv-i5wkVINgkF1mQPnFL2RtCmxkep5H7XrVC48sXmvX3DWxMlhxKP8V0rApb7CUrC2PlCryK4guYYClIMvNjFljguFQaNEg9FRiVNKzPxUTZOBNsA2K7zFjRfYbFAIq32-i5LD_wuMcMUoiDrQzH7QR8B7akPp1ZSjcAhIiSAc4Udrw1UALxohgw86sVznDe3bx2Ulua2q2vOqzTA8uRBY_hAP83Ur9SDBuu2z8_FVjZ35v6bRkPRGUpKHxY9-5JlT4qrtoTgM_DVFmBEXx8RxJiPqDi2jGADTpiYu_dML3MIe3E4QUnWIuuv6lJ1LAXPFfakDSGqwb8k93SnAIQkuLR02Yq-0AqiCnx94YaQLUYcaQeMMXD8grnIjXeh1ghQ2Ef-mIr7tdPnO-ThaxPSqJ6jJdL-HGzdBA=w775-h517-no

NWs6FxjARPpGoQcA51qSPtr2ShyqgoraUK3cj3vVLbA8KTnjttbY_jkRRmhLbhR6js3Zq_4SgwX-R11m3T3b5l6GFWfhpcz4eByy93T2Z4RmyfGjC3u37pWrIixHCgGMeJaTPWovAzPGeoAlHDi4c4SroLYKxRjvn9CqXhYQSrwujet1PSkn04I5yguYCnZHGtnxMaT-8kbE0vLmWkLq1qle68v6eIIbCVfeLje_DzrXnnReZ1QUSaZ1XyOGkhBPgrazeBPKpdYHSPW9Q3-RvrKxbQz5LKkhuzG6zSdTFAibkWxWdEKzyLVo3mvdE0xHEVQI1jO0nIKnlNdhvBu_pIydc4A698ZtC8QqxC-rYdmMM9rCaIF-AqLpQnUu1vqVf5g0VSGdCUkiq0d44pckXNiaOSjOGlbTGlcn2I8gZK51nzr0mTZ8U53MigvT-_6HsfhDfYo35hPMHxuC3Mg1-wdbm2VA5y2vmM-TLo4hDw4gHIOeDhvA6Ejq-bD0zhcU_iLLj9YC-1RaCni0E_R2PIteZAfbGOwtVqDE_NqIcyiZbJhIuWzqw1CAOffzOYRbguDoACmSyfCtLjE5rwLlFK-CHKeSn1P4yIUV9nhLFR3XHiMs0g=w775-h517-no

mQLKwnoV01xWjI-mx0OdMe84HTF02Nfzn4taQ5O0W7LOUFwp6lJNlsTXjiKxUtAj9EfwjirtcJUfenZCI9xTJRwGyUfrrAdWb68-aTEp1OiZBfixCOilNbTDDly0-_NdldYhjZJ_v4wNNVaJ9jLwhJSwf7RwXhy7kWr7D52kJYYgdJf6yquXbWUzYwCTYoskh2eENTnWmp3Ank72Iva4rBfrEiES4ANURs-5RrMycm3Ps52px7GFVqBywLazeqEXcvPaWJVybi1noa3Mm_e88xlldoGNEbn6otGUem0PHONvnSucbG3Yk0wJ_N-iypT59sikTcgUieNrsCvo9v4vlZI6edkq-KHef7v1q6u4IrZhllqsBeTUv4eBJr4yiMRJbdzpRb7V3Ht1LGDppA44kUFjdIjFyqNNunkc25AXM84w5hF6jR2ekcFVHCX4HzdcjCIwPxjVa1zjzTjWdadntIcZD2_9940TGyV08UmdT03Ja_3eZAEW8-H_De8frxnTHvYAwuGR4GQsy5ZKJDmScLOusxjFi0WQeLJrPluQB-kqxXHRsqXt0vpfO13FNiFBrgIG8Xk0Vm320ZPeUQCIYJwS89NoMjudn5M7ZIMfIL2RDsTg6A=w775-h517-no

The requisite 2 sinks:

Rp72KC22ArwgaIHGrqbsnPDjTQPpveyz0_J0hLmhqP5YQh0OXP1RwPdA5Pl58M3JFdWieQcD6qSX1D60ePa0jF6oQSbbxThtnRqROrH8CGQhF7SO8ADHJBTHCt_S0perN1gNTw6vJueHG681aj77p2-n-H1FMUEiW0N7bLNL4GjeqzR5E7Kv9A9CX49Rcw1BBSP26cU6iBZdnLqrwDNPAdg5pkZu5vLJy2yh3TBYs9AG5g3_Myi-LDpVgfpzHOeFWLyWHQQfQYdKma_eyZsvHm10WB8Es6FkA5ZAhJYfac4Ah9jhQgw1gAt1Dxzfgs5R4zFcZGTz8adrtTtSIKOowxuomt-aKth5ZoU54FxD1aMrk2M7QdIjZSRZLKCgu_wqOvjXPf_R4_XBLyKKDDla1NSUoCh5pmrWHzu7jxkI-DUop7QeZqHplXzm7Gz2V1I1ihJCkoCyOdM6-rnaIrB6Sa6LinRbq9B8HaTVLcOu1TYNVpHyjWagMINEYI2Rp9NgNgdM445sjJvwbWN1S5jacBTqr-mpxvmIhKNwX6JWRSOEofBUQwDFGl8Vlu1SfRmoRGC-nUKGlahbE0DbY9mh4ZNkw5FWGgiy2lre0fxFC9hVjf16tA=w426-h638-no

And the bathroom amenities:

EgFsloXD25jy3cq9BTbgBCav16a4nH6Wq-DU33YRbEqtnAX2feUPXj7sTE3yBJDNFkU0DCzZCLKCqpYXhwqYGJEOKXNnOI8XNFvPYoC5zP1WATI6zvMIrIaKzb08Dx57xjxsZPF6FsHbOQmRhQ-66sjRDbv87VBP0WV2LMhFziwggaFUM2vVZWK77eR2tkNXP99s4vDMOzAkOR6pe333DAJUGVTKIY4TMy_CtaunlRhAxw31W70WoH5QlypB76jkGeO_zPOfW-8rGvaxb59ls5Qg3cHSPgUm9l1c9P3kt71qFaGmPLvO_TpXAqBHYWzx3227ERFybzb8qzH240Tc2V7QC_RhiU05_HSqtKiClqs-vKOdnYHqCV_ChVnVYW4V0MXItuQU72OeCucaycKfqGIWGGqmskSqCL7HCs_2zu_mD3n8AD2oqdcrSSgGQJOfxxzOM1aC-h4FGppHNimV0hqpwQJlsjB_Sa36Q0jPjjfQAR199ghu12JcLW8gHDsY2YHsRje338jb_bZB-v5bvUhHBi1LSEFEW1BoDkxKK-vgHJ0wYhZUlnDrxdd0kNLKhc-lRlaxB7_Aw1ox8JuZ8toXlZoa2GF3m94jicHvCGvdXe67AQ=w775-h517-no

I really like the selection of products they had. The aloe gel and the foot rub were great after a long day at the parks. Does WDW do this now in all Deluxe resorts or is this just a DLR thing?

The bath and toilet are your standard bath and toilet, but they do have this Bambi shower curtain.

Y812xHmsgd9wa-YiFBoVbAFmc1cxHsq_4miSSWxAFNIXe-7sbdJn7e7GFdwc-bHtud5Lb47jMS3fxCcATkFBhlirbbUTDsx7uSG3az2DyQ1bueqpPRKLtA22YCNyTMb0sL2W8lvM1iSTAKYQLW1ttsPHV5FAqOujoP9Z3gsWffkJz8JTl8lANlJGHFm1fxFyTCx-lroXK6h4KVT6LIKTAvrulGA6eyOS4AGJk5lr8OdODeeBVDUZMk_HwvxS8SHQPubs7Po23cClOw7nQltIdxEdP2-Ydzsgbuv9vVGKSnDVFgZZhlHwGiqgENZpafaZvCZObLkODhTg_DqyLHBaBkZeZV94FIf6_ovHq5pt7W0GXsbwBAqULXe2n8cu7k-VLJmm1_O2R1YR_-0Ng-Tnx6sbVF_mm5RPMGCkKAh2PsRoAiinXfR_XtdqW1Y0PkQ10qLWD2NxxDTnCTyLn31xOimyl8hvPaWdZfj_gy_HvJdokc_yPQpkpMkBjZog0UUdIU9Dr59pAByOlGc3T-1Jd2keirJixEeFQoH7p3nlT0EGBbUTQEBfMT3jQM65-iGXU_TtXuikMX0GBSLg6mrLmfB73dRZa7O6a0LL0jfm7UOifb1-vg=w775-h517-no

The bathroom was small-ish and the room looked like it needed some TLC overall but had a nice rustic feel although they definitely needed more outlets! The room seemed to be the same as regular WDW deluxe rooms in term of size and immersion in theme. You definitely pay for convenience here. But it was fine for us as we were here so we could experience how cool it was to be so close to the parks!

Bell services brought up our luggage but it took about 25 minutes. In the meantime we chilled and put our feet up. After we got our luggage, DH and I changed and went to the pool. The grounds of the GC are lovely. There were a few pools and hot tubs, and it was packed at that time. It was hard to find a spot but we finally were able to grab the last 2 loungers in the area!

iE8dbxpmWtPMxJ52hm34_qjLUSLcmi-eaH0C6SFnwOWW1GAys7rASqgJANezrOKwWsYURJ7jkKzS94Bo4m6UHkWWtRWannNkKcpksWYP_PLGk2w2L8RqH5mVkHmF8gUJeABIliOG7Cny6CEvhZf8h5QGMijaU081kvqQKpgKi7EN1-xE_NmgfKSiOnQlNogWcEUesXes8kVZ98SIxTxYpUYNhzR_1KRSThX1fgOvLr95VfgIpxS3SqrdkuPQmjyEoRbz-a62XEk9inT6mnH_2_3FEYHgYsq32b3kDe0xmcp_PoeJ5bYQWOrccWoxDb9giDBN7EsxFvbWXFBugdl0ulnz3Z6Jh3a8n6-nJaxF1iLpuoM_uECEbA5bqpumNN5iHIepJgjT3_Allquk1VzZiO0f-_Jo49TitYQSvhSTXgkHozrlGgvwT0-LJWZFoRmCyzSS0wxOLBdJaMwv8LgokL-FbpUlCV7mOa2rIH_klkE3v_Er8W4Nx1K4TUFfpfeWkxNp-IsZUJVJ3htV9SilWGq-66Xe5GUbD2nSzuf-bxR5c-0UBJeJZmne_tmJ1my50qyKQJXvPmSreLRumME-ZqgAQ-NYRig-tkzraXEHm-tlQxWoCw=w775-h581-no

There were multiple pools as well as hot tubs and a water slide which we never made it on. It was nice to relax for a bit before the night's activities. I spent a bit of time in the hot tub which invigorated me!

Meanwhile back at Disneyland...my sister was busy getting some character pictures, but she said the lines were really long, so she could only manage Mickey and I think Goofy before she decided to head to the GC as well.

ZrmTOOw4bD6IihnuuOt_Kic1lGUFf2Dk3XDmLsOpJ-Q9PCVWJdJRxKOHyMO5RSEHJDXI65Puh4PdBc7IsO_N83eV_22xgTF-YaOtHKgWuXRiwhsnShV6d0wIVlTOi52GhIlsp9GNKhdg_N3ND-M2v8BP9mHhKIcS2AZ-cmNM5kwB8y6ZrdcMO28k-SZpoXxxomG5WAHqEbj0TZDReLXSauAbK_QI1FUbWmgT4neQ1MDqfuxR06_dQj8RNSl86OSCCygSWQiNbIoVIRCI5MKcTM17t4R0tVEhW5g4kb2G-Nptsppt5cEDyk9zatEAAVt9VzXVK7xKxuqphgp_04ALVYQ6nA8Ek_Th8aGmAeH8IaPmkC_2JjYO7aCJS_BXnXJf_7Zk4R_3QNKo2DfgtpRysv02kzEOlNshldQfAwvcllaVP9jQhSZ3iX2Xs-00KHI48G8LftmkqSTTVIe9nEZ3se9WRR75lqhFC8ta-H3gBAYqW9MA8apwsJZYPfMUYzeZgX7s1LeiljzyLXrR0cyUu2c8WDoBc62u-HmE4TH_oOiUlAKOW1-ByiU4l_jChl2aJF7nEcZFYqq9aaAXXScCrMP87I2beIVjqoOfXRrQ84KiwOzZhw=w800-h533-no

We had an early dinner ressie at Blue Bayou for the PTN package at 6pm so at 5 we cleaned up and headed out since me and DH had FPs for IJA. It was the last night for the 60th celebrations so I had to take a picture to commemorate!

BeTSTo4sPVB0UPGR53ilfDQY7IxB73wS6SEZBeY8E8AWz6aEEHjgh3A_ZGyplTklKUKDVxvWuYTQyBy9WNIpoqayVFEWpRE3OISyvYzKTasCEgGTruB2jkVGTnQrPCohxLE53pyLtIb7zNc5tdNq8vNfymRUPn-hwer5yon5_nXw--YlcvLTxKpEldgF_lNgodLjk4dLieyesIdi6F_sg7fwbR1IlHdAfKsBhRPT1YJ8KCmHDct7J_jKwfpTlvpzpTfS7DPaj4T5qGaNhovxjUfdSu1eNJnNtFyx4dMEWdNJupPlGoLXCT0GYBHC88KEVVlPPv95bGN3idq28cOWhxqkdRAbj8cKi1uHuEdIovWxJ11aFTdtDJ5ueWAuMVhG9PxLBQAxy08b3V1T9rfX9yx2BIsnnNMumRwoHZHBJBQGJlUCJOtR0Lhy0f4LqBxMNX6A0TFG8H-fxZnXHFByg8vFQNFt4GAJIyy5AzSkNDmL4VlL3HvP3AviQ6WMQIZd1CvPe0gOlHlKZOxALaEVZdFso9gD85aFEKS6WmkBu5dpceTaLlcX_Vg0-5K6OzVkBc-Ale41bJEXoBH-CyXPQpP0OYqun-8bodcl4QRZTL55Xm2dfQ=w851-h638-no

We walked through Adventureland and DH and i headed to the FP line for IJA while CS, who didn't have an FP, just shopped around.

tdVJ_6vuSNogUQ9efvBRnu5GhjlWB97WPLnasOj-Z30Xc3jq4EC1LC97FqKmbmSXjYHXY5pWZ443Bh3I4GJpz9fvhGzEx4I5uph3REowJhomkg5wE9I5RNJME0xm-l7csFVwD7n7xaINg2U6XSW7b2xw5nK7ZDaqlv1o7DCaGTubBtqW_dPhVpnEo3zvm_5RPmZMPYnoDHUu71NEJsHf5eAGLS96yIjrNVSimHgG-yhyoDOpmZNhb8VkOvFZxjtJig3FP-KBPFEN8meQZZZiiOQaXUH5IqXlDrDdqbv8Px3fMXFU0dD2nEWSJ2s0-OAhgyvpjsyE1vBbpVfi40IaCV7hCUvx-_J0fcT0SBmJZGLaSvxqH0OUT9oQd1hZWel-NlrE5auV7vrnamw_udho29Lq7x84RahdckA1fvg4yZ8aZ4G_-fVStonytVjWK_pFEVv3Cwsbkejb9hmHFpyJdPbVRrhlI1hXDf5DpLe1ZdFQaUYWFdvaC55ioyH4s0-igw2cpVaajpPB20HqgSkn3-_U32QrA5Boj1OEoXFqPB_2oLL-TFuvHR3OhwtFBp-FuP0-0mzvRlYsUK-PI646_Ku9Q_JS5fKXa7ufYpVNlxmsngR3qw=w775-h517-no

CMPCO5VkoZIkVwElvRZGcOVFNrv-xKRpey93-WDbdrgEOVefF_8DAzi7cBH7UMUOa5xCu4FAiwsmAs3ymOSiJlpXwhRSGM_4lmD8UBRJcCniVZgGK4rlFgVrDl6BTPwIWRnopyA7A-TCeOtv7gYTnR3tjFVEziGHAUrTdaY31zFRlTmsYODxtSEjrfCTvNE1pSTFoZaIgFHrXUJHOt7LCGuFFMTKm0LUWvnaBQRzfsI9W7SSI-JjM4Sy-ndWBOD7UvhAK0tMdzkZF3UHBs5xQqXaEvGmkzUQBI2MgTWJrDcX7jomGV9FLi3k1fVGEkoMfA8Y3qfPqWMo8ZzGZAgYW-UvGVXc3H3pX9Khz48Qgxbhlub4wQFKfpdN_70RW1kqfvyBf_C8AzpXLU-yM-MEShlk8WbuxwIxRcypZ6Gtpo0PPWewAly3o_sOqQiTmL4sLPW4NAbChw53-bQu3Nr5sF_UBI61FVCOCfBMZiEhVmzYuz6c4m1831M5dey8ttK4uwQuOXREOy25Lfir2zQgO6hUm2YG37iraYvu-0cdjMjbcCRtVx0g-bvZVsDRxIjBYWPkpE7oB_NSJ_n1XPoWgAiJj3pohqulvsyF5JRrpco2bYL_-Q=w775-h517-no

Unfortunately after we waited on line for 20 minutes before realizing the ride went down and the lines weren't moving. We waited for another 10 more minutes but at that point, it was 30 minutes on line which defeats the purpose of FP so we decided to get out of line and return later since they were going to honor our FPs.

I don't think we managed to get on any rides before dinner since the lines were so long, so I just took pictures of other attractions.

mk_9O8-oySsfbph46WMPgJ-P-yfLaw8hC4MsPwzwHUBcp9BzoVbZLpjDbZMtmFHyrxYU7odsvr0W1wMSvicYX6wvshDVBfZcA4JhSQ6sHZzyUfNQaEuJ6hQ3xVr00p8vMHksgI_IA9dWo_IAYiRXFp03wCMjzLcdkJuFhQUu9g5FaVpbXKJtDvV5-5k0UJwxYeqv9jwSSAyKKw0VHEJCG_szzSK7IxJIsWgdqDwWjxoKprY0itTlV8A6G34TmGGp9XYtwVWtjle9Y54GgPOKUSAkjBhCWgtrvqt_hZoGFPlJdnsC_7_Y0S4UsPeQH2ju1Y4_Mn14VUdQZMPxmIkKjSRnCYIK93WF9jGvD_jzZtMsGS2CF6sBajtOy4l8g8pMurJO3mrQvgDHqYBGK8kbs6a0GWXM7Qtp6B373pgdFNzlUFWxj3n7qH55yzZjfCF_CDTKWBtP_rh-I0i3OJvZ74bFSLRJo6_0xqSnZGT9fN3t4nZ6Qh5F1SO23dgTq4XPnSicIHy9XUtoGkDDh8MzwISI5ia-cMbQpHCm3zW-fYLrvBVFBHbbh6rgirYi0MXK74ZlPee1a8Se7loRGgbDw4tYe-BI_wx8DPks94eAW9L9riAsNA=w775-h517-no

MvwCYGpj-IMh-1hozJlIL7iHRk6qJIij6lRmfQhzzfH10ggAf2sGjOOUVDGBSKVW7Tvo1L6t0cJLwWIeCmftvx4dBwyV1n1qp1gQRztf0C8bkK4EdDcd4yrO4tAc5JYO2AP2meVoXEQPj7VpJQVZfVi_KGJP2vwh6LLiy8tDArRnQUYrSInClNsJt6Ka0HPhVbNCDC4zFl7vOGLqecOxiO83wkvGHR7cgzJ0_t9EL1Q1Jjyyl5xMP6vCiUMgD_FgaxxC_RaXQrI8oU-DyytUN4YwY6g08hWH2mtSO7xYlrxMNR3-G1veu9ipHrxjTggK8qi9a-sy4OywuYqGls-XEf5eMUE3zSArlWHPiFRW7e8jFQn-ft70K7q2OD3ZkgmDxJCEPUVbLIsgicip9vHB2H1YQVS1yyAq5oLgxo5GskhaBuGQOzpuM4fC42YRnlXKWE0jocb6W8EmkwsKGJdohk-OVpzGnAIasNGjDn4ddO0S_9pbhjlQXS7_2cv_8tEItuZcW2IgvkRXt2eSR-7hAOJd8Mdvs2WzBulxMYLNAWaqwG70Fgs4RJuZZmC9-WgZrWG6OzOKo2gErxTVNThHuPTPHV6od1d_a-Ns-h-e03BPtbKQTw=w775-h517-no

pgxDSNJoFoc61ojjWIE1NL8Aj27mtRKLoD7XfkGNfFu-d2lMjR0WkRzJHc7bXKYnawX-rfWB-mHQO8A_OfAm9H0kZ6-24lZxsGMUjQOsYRLgSn-q6_LTS2iYnvEB7FcTOG5iOYv3ZcbWvh-6TSd67J_LlKJ9-eguH2h4MFAdHzd56gdgPiqr7eGUZk4YMUUGb0NuwqGzhvrtkSqFdXkMCbiTJehgI4xwvHsHf9nZlB4HUv_orgEt9kFXkRQ8OF-RPBj2MQtLg89YcWG2MrPajoVWqJpGEVH9bzp17v30q-rn1gCUz73jiDMPK0pzHYbqUCntHCxZDqf9ImjctFpQZaMAgDRWkVRuX_m_CLGo81cPZaRi_4kp8rfgTK5Xzu9QgawwNPnbmSQhllrKJP374dCOl5hrInkwAso_uPOAZ3iAavKx8o3SAXGEPeL4F0ewkNGCdK31AmutugIKVlWHwN6e0mhkp2FzyGRQaXnDkg4dflooGbl6Wuhis6m_cfT_NyWfMykBbTSDYUEznPDpPbIZ2bWMDE2qXcZhLIfYFGrvVks1eLy8n21nMo2TnwmH-cjndZjiFfKvMc2cT9xiGzSRUhqRbFOYPGWSI6K6lvxXLmRH5A=w775-h517-no

Soon, we headed over to Blue Bayou to check in for dinner. Here's what me and my sister wore. I liked my t-shirt in person more than it photographed as it looked very lumpy so this is the only full-length picture of me you'll see tonight, LOL.

lIYUNE6TmMNuyfGtGl4DNz1oy--DN7a2EWt4_wsycfLPkWzFefqu3iTxCH_Xpxix8P3l9jrxiamATESPEqPqe9OXFint9nMeEt_pSgnzK-RkPNyaXDSXfH2QN4IeQhdOwnHowYRwlzotc8ctFvHjvmibM2PKswZPl4uOMuBkdcnJGgZP64etjeHCOsNhjxEy417j4VY1K1iBhHeHgCeznY3H0L6Ur9dGlZyDZKuwYubQvfGD3mwntpOZptS-ejHLeOwh4ZUTMr1OqiiS_chFzt_llHSnYlla6l5VJ5yppaMUZXB_3Xh9pqLQ3O9ILJovsVHwmmqN-KHAxNMA8dCi7WUqfBDXm8MWQfMZc3bpdZotO5KmlBIqVZm5Ptuyx638mOP3bl-dFnFMjyOAhgQdbl1L8IxuMkoteEvQjYCDG5FKr6Xn5hJE4AvLEssqKbnPRu2ObQoAuhnN2DkhbZ83aLFT-Ts_G7g43cTMsJFaBJbpqNLYzzjjClW0PAESB7nWNgamSPxpn-XVl1dnHro9R4-uPFljnZDgxmd_P9F5HKEDlALfoarcfA7GGOif0IegfnDIoQHot1MKaCv9aEvNmFpWsWa7QRmb5HrV5rYeDCT9Ufp0fw=w408-h543-no
h6fMHUpn3H4x0ZlKRnFppVeyjO8uXIKxBinjscP1Aggl43wPayA299OAjLQ7NoFVFbfPbN9Ng1zNNyDf-nFT2VTgBt8OrrQmLxpa5GDymz8XvclK9fOI_dvSEVyYaTKXXSOhtA59zxn2Ewt4vZpPd19uuvnGG6MRKugW20bN3rsxMDRiaYP498pupm0ipQaNHsx8LBbZNIs35k5y-t_tJIzxfxuOF-JQ2gvLje05vcP5i2TZKLk6JGYnMfP56c373gXKih901SJ3BfNWtxjkeDtEsO_ArVyEADYPkkF5lzlMiEnZe5sLi1kRWHhEeKXv3sd8kBl0pfp9ZMqf5TFqEkxGtJuYXmft7d8c_T7RT7c2KIpcow9bsQFKSyyM3Z4kA62CAS0OIyw9tKB6dQTQTOvk13_BhYY4KhFZkZt7Ec0ZVB1xEVLgOqlcZPnBSof6If8yL4mQ4qGPO-M4mWousQ11H1GSf2BEts96_4Z9ll3ixQLGrEE5MIkLdDm-AQfUZbtRNFjJjWwtrTGG3M103CbTNFoP0F8lkZ9R7QsLCJFYKEktBvgbbxrijy_PvpgW2nX9dtCF3X62PbOqEWgqh5wr_l0Mk8A8QknkdJQaVnLFazelHA=w408-h543-no

About 10 minutes later I got a text and we headed inside to Blue Bayou! I was excited to eat here as it was our first time. On our previous trips we either could never get a reservation or just admired it from the ride. I really love the ambiance in here.

MZTSIGGVbKIchT5scwQyKj6uJQpiEAJjVa3VU-f5SGhCyqJtaD3g4fl8IRzhzPJBc8P6K2McoEfU-C9Y4lUaYCA6i5ClK7uRBcy6ef440bNaU5s5eGYpLJf7IE_FlPyFBaj7s30F_QnpiFw66-FFvvy273SB06NOtx8NpX3Ztg8zlyV34ePC9tgxIKWls0s3s5AYcGepzzwlNehR_4SEhpzXy0QoqagZrz_jqZne2YkAdwYRCXspkEOn8eDNWpeBola7BZOXfKwLnt4kTi0XnqJ57kDnMZe-Fcm3qifsJFUfFda2VTvuHxGve4s66ds0qVp5GV43tv-fuEmfl9SaJu3K7HN0THanf6lS3Kgoy7paVhYGv57Y637-3iEsNzrkbC_3w7SpkebK7CdHokmcccJRhxUV7fUNyVlxG5AJ_5LE7aSIkxN6Gt6L57HuC4skUgfazospUupxy5S0kXPCEo-CcritzOlaj0-SV2mncKRVWIBizX2lJ2fYnNgbZLGjdLgXnADcxzyle-nS_Lh0MgjyXXzuxwYmeV-GBwB27LmlTRf9FdH2RYvOXOovKZ70lfIjZciSh7wnDsxjA1XaoAAqyGd2-cSJMntnVYjUPqxj6CiZuA=w775-h517-no

lBVDAJ49Ryp8IOOr5cuYfd0EiJcg2UlIZ8kivT2wOjsBPUDiZaqDh8t_c9ltLit7PRvzYQx6wTWxlV43YBQLjS472MjlbyqeI0m6w60YRgbVajGf0NxcT0CJCAjazNnw3HfiAEXlQ8vLTXJyPsO8Z9c2V3vfHaJB664WJH7hlZbavTwuz7JUjoKGmB3z3cd7sDiFUbyiciH_X_K2Eq88j-u8qO3gRF2yilTaG7QSSz_7MfT3qOk7YViIXYvGsAUEB3EWPedIN4c7-dIjRom82jmWpDSGn6mDnrCcZZB7iuVWrOKVDSEfrMs_-a-tSF4SrIaI1ypoizmJqKMjPShhDAokocyEYuzlywR4sx0Bq1m4vmls5M7iYB0nQk4vRmSdJgubzsPd-_bS7bkBRK-uPzliebi6GHuj3KARvUeW3h8UznB1O7mWPo28QqVwrOZ631FLOMdb6UL67jDm_D5qG42PCmv9MT8rI1RyOAYMirsY05VAVieXUZxp3nwvUvRCSPRBn1d7sj6ypGUITwjKhdEYGlQ1ITWuasg9fkgCyV9VPU-GqncDjUcu9m8gYzbxjhpdwLfITAmTcxBWkkMyUAZo2jSyxWoCFSzaJdNFlrsD6Btx5w=w775-h517-no

ONgp0r18QAQDIffu6fCzejS9n5-0BnACIdLlF_auU5zkCROlbEV0MwJ2xCozuRwRrAnUQljIssIqJN63T69mT0RHTFwcsnk1jJU9rdhKvxUDlmuY31YqjEuRFQ9IKrSN8T8PI-SmAx0BbFCwCDGRl1mGBAZULw6hwsuTa1YIix-J4GxOg8efxXYYPKzceyyQ26pMtnkSFMaB4y5nhxp6CvOPY7YNUVnDewX1aXtqlzd6rjormab0fyoK_11_FXx2IvzD4smMPeuEAdL7SesSvs1c2nwceMIIo7q6l7ioQSWyP9E9k6Uwi8jiXi5eQbp5-QCMk-xafdQ7OzprneoRnnnEHipX2IKbe00aVQbV5LrKtMRmgAtdBYCVmKZiwF65G_D-nhPPyi3x4OXiqVWK146dqJZf2VgWZJUnGA4OADqMsAOJ7Y36mOrRq3fuy1Zep7T1P2t0aK0IgPXBGyczV94Eri0dKdLdM3zUXsO-M58M4SPiC6PSl_SGvgRE3wy-zssR5OLDZV60XkSSKR8I1n6DYVjaqP_j_Zmb9gj15tUxsWgN8mSWVoxhhZKwy4mN1N1-8gBOiQq--IHGGpucHkNr6eq9cTJEfpGz3N_WCgCpB3RB5w=w775-h517-no

nHr0lHTsczRffJn_rkEUe6vhu7_mPOkodcdQEmXyGLderjrnmNqpjO7h9o1JAdfDbL7k_Vv1hTgZ2p6siKsF-ZETmFcTIDItJtm8eDJVUpZ579YoPd8cOGA5FwwO45UujS_FSelOmOhCGMdPbGyOR7JOaQr-9Hvj357ev5miUWm9RmGp-bGPWmIi3Tcb8nheeoYlO9MC6Gj_1Zs0f7QenHwpZzbuXFP4Stfgb1BxHyX9US8vOnO3MOMKgnSxT5bkD0eAt7Z0ZGwMMdPtvRl7lzVoTA8k4Dy0SmY2i8tu1ZA7DeVS86sJnYfgpR_9T5p44cJUMcGcZhxPNDySg77wb7u6m0rVjmv_s58zdjk6X6jmZkauC9qlSZ9lL2jEwF9RywvHE-qtG6fhCXwf0h0nrDeJ-AIVCukJUeTHc_4qkgb7obUh-VgryvpM9UNbJqgG9bC0754Zqcn1n5isuIyHAjH2keFKALnpSH0n7AXIYCnSRXtmJO1296cR7rcctnSVe1jZrNwOmTzB_2vh3segFL2cXB115cf0D-LSjZ1vmpXAujALHbKtImdMumzpGwoO3tik5nUuU3OitXQ5aJZ4bW4Icu4Wy6c5f3x5oEuuV_WMMungDg=w775-h517-no

The menus were cool because they lit up, which was perfect when it's that dim!

hSvQ_Fgf-6s52j6chA7E-4VSONQ_VN3IyILrqGEfn1eMl8GwKnjn7AiTH3DqaD7OUkm8eG6EhF6Sgia1If5uLXxH3nK18pLGkWzcxQ0I-wAHjqZhhEflsY9X2YcUPQnyFO27xDg4YBKIhHn3o3oucyI0kdl7PDAxw7mg2iaJhcZGeHNn-9eEpTiwWaC4cyHnUYHI_LYu9zEmf5wc97mkXJ-x1YrstpI79z5r8_FTfDhIdCiCbheswyI5CiEAJTi8IdVP3QwIri5vlUX4kgL3lr0LQbQ898ISnaXmkP7jb_sWS8D2eaCGdVFdZpzA6QuaPPo943Bz2gfBxzzZ16rlBu6_J0nxfSeI-pNEIQCmE-ovZA0kQmPh127HP8AjeDa8Vf5GlJ4nLrvUijPTf7XquhejvjKyk5YqNZS3v86xprQ1W40a6_gFKm2JNaMem-Ozb_x52zDNtGzim6BkYeEPAdgpMq7W-n3w8yF0dRCx6ymSGk3PbnPyrY6BrQRj7RgOhee4gcXZjIkD-WV9NNf5P8RUWvLbWD81oXPcB65hTpDwwk2sRp0k72-_MzQt4O9MIalgWyXCOU5txk3MKi9m6FLmDs6y84-6fOjdQ19fWfebusqfcw=w775-h517-no

Our dinner was part of the paint the night package and it included a choice of starter, entree and dessert. To start us of, our server brought us a basket of bread. It was tasty and warm. I liked the crusty roll bread the best. Think it was sourdough?

w65yrXDLsAkHlDvF_kE5XhiUx1rwWlJtgNzV8l6EkvEhNai5gurwbytBVMn3j99Nq7VErtXLmBbXmJhf5qVKusMk2ydncifqVqgUGDSG9uROUqJTWLojaIUqrkLOWM48o_rrDeKB6Ct9FBMpA5F7zAA3MhzJirK1QlwMC40-ToFRqc35-wkelchYdxkIpocKmCryHMYmF9aHrSD4KxsBCpvjduN5sFY7R2s7O9NsVqqszjU5Vym0eGSTIub6h538mrt28tpZqD2nc-J64lihM4NLs9oN8gcMF2oBrErD9BvmGIav9T_La9bTlQZ8wXuUGy2hunC277U6r3Zbyfw9h0-EQTTjwvF3a1Z6t9obAwEY2IKujQF8n5K5jSaCHTkuECTcolS4rXDtfu5Y0VUk1HCqpMktMRbF1EHsbZX4hJRdESPBw96vCznosP2-luvYgKy7CucIVzjb1GVcRrRR4rn3WAGHymJO5_kakkY3MRFtAtrNR42ea2xqldCcFsksl8xGy0x6jQoroEbOvN-e2fOV_-9bXEC7FFKp4nuGn1joEAj3xkkEFCAv0khfq9DQDph5aTHJgVoh1V9gUM2xkxyIB5innXxApCmFGhXKxGCsZFcFoQ=w775-h517-no

CS and DH both got the Blue Bayou Salad as an appetizer, with Tomatoes, Caramelized Pecans, Blue Cheese, Cranberries, and Lavash. My sister said she liked this salad a lot more than the one she had for lunch, although she did pick out all the blue cheese. DH thought it was good too.

7ZyJeNEWAO6mG7h6G4eKJNUWNyjnUTsNx4s9Ya0VVCXj0QH3KVyYSptf56ffsRuRzY1lsz4miqShphXv3n1kmc1N6OTcAGb5NOqOg4e3gxONxvJ0H9qnF8Q6A-z4YMP_r8XQDXyLO00Ngy-1VC6H1YpO4GFUc0qv4UYJzWebBA622-85UEPUNxwIcs1X2G9aQ1TuBBEts6Jx5PQ2-xigBzl8wBjoqS5WUj3BOyOK0fw7Ns93xRMXJPQsrsUnV0vkFUCzlDK__dO0aF-18-eFV2KS-H9CLMn3Alb403DemgSajpRKPUutYOBpuiHyi7dnCWqaXk_TVS5zk0Fm5LRnTQwbo6o7cPReQXRhv8ao5Jc7EGNWB5oEp00oqCK9kSZn4gBnOnRij1s-Np85HpGwl9EfAsxgxpybkO8OrjOp-fZW4cEOZXZBWYpzbNnsqABnrsgGkPKa-jFiqtF7ZkPBTUXFGGhWaVw1P7XvzUHoD1c3d92-TOul9iRkm0LO44oaxCFnCTFEgkDpQlhp2mmRGDXf7FKCYp3kY4Rqv8iKuSOKrOwmb5PtOVsvwca4isxyysYp2HLSifxtGLfWvCShIeEDc-SEngUQ2dw-hK72pIHkPR7TFw=w775-h517-no

I got the New Orleans Gumbo, A rich flavorful Stew with Chicken, Andouille Sausage, and Tasso Ham served with Cajun-style Dirty Rice. I thought it was very yummy, and loved that it had a spicy kick. The rice however wasn't really a dirty rice, it was just a plain white rice and I thought there were a few hard kernels in it, but overall loved the flavor of the gumbo.

gh19363Hp6qWJzRCqZ25OTlZyzh1Zzsu4DkVVVczsofHEgaX98fZuBg2Jn_pPmRX6uf29-JdpKp_6BbIzg9aWdZVAMaMV-Hk00HLb3rOcCsVBUDOEnl-JOn-8B92Vr8ZXw2CXr-0FUUp3riOiTUn0xkRmUUV7bsGiP_xN8fV0c4x4jJY28pv4w4GXzswtxyST7thLG_mZKenZDWCDYGGjcrsXlGHtK2wQy5l_cpNgl5IJtFOhJENxF70gmrv2Vnwb5qPDzywrCC6jNJHjo7TG27ONxycPHUbHN38rt1J9SjPWGZUZ5MykNY2qR0e7tZtoV-PGOtpxcxbKkPqUgBmyfBThhH6d9bzQ9lyIVLiHiGDokhY-ZRDljG6bZWZMuwT-2BSKesbiHcvJGRcWQHJa7A3EIDoPxgjKUK8RsbUokt_3kZHdaMH-EsG4KBqpqFF4TacKnMD0AbI0LVUkckn_O7JuLjJHna7P4FUFEG2NC0E1bSAztxtDh0cZ4YoVBkQ4U7VeIImvdSLDU4bdYhD4rUgydQ9nwTS0UVvM8cJuvnoD05yZOn6Xzjw2Nko8SfJv-O4GRlTXC64BO91DBOcAKIlgKTtJQH2DItazbxLBHKnLyAdVQ=w775-h517-no

As an entree we a llgot the Surf & Turf Petite Pacific Northwest Lobster Tail and Broiled Filet Mignon, Blue Bayou Au Gratin Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, Bearnaise Sauce. This was actually a lot better than I expected. I typically associate surf n turf with what you usually get when you're a guest at a wedding, and it's always overcooked beef and a rubbery piece of seafood surrounded by a potato and baby vegetables. Here the steak was cooked the way we wanted (medium rare for DH and I and medium well for CS) and the lobster was tender enough. Definitely a "petite" lobster tail but goodness after that Monte Cristo for lunch I'm surprised I could finish dinner. The potatoes au gratin were not that good though, as it was under cooked.

8LoPZnw6UvXwHewyoORn6PeNb-gLqud_2-vR4ydJzHJAvo2h6X7V0dz8ECMRheUJktlVaTE1iLflU46oE-UD2aj113xEPVganD_T1-ut59sc9HHUROyXRa1724VNDUCAWSx1wcNBPQyG19P3Vm9d4gDoruJvxDnD8ZteOwpkvUXcE2HidZoFpRT8y5zLuKlq6WivOjut73XpYvTXC9wjrNUBBU0HTX7IDWBrYl5CgARPBBCQiVFLZUKVIr5_rdZ5lQhlaMhOOzRM5XZ8RhcbrsjqYm-hPyCOrW-k-M1EKOEb5H8NZPlyJCOi6s97gcueJ0-PTFLcn2YVPcteWq25XvvdzAuXuMfgEVYUDbiFoqWpaBQuNovwEZ9vyvEoH4cwzZ66BCUhVkgMaQbLoN--xU7aIj4n_oxRvIb14q2bdkCx_ZzWquf-KTqtE8v3ObnWQCD4PXbDAgyClgTRu3nMElxvCr7zPOZ7pLcee9vHM-2pDlX3kJGf49h1B6AiX7qVI14egfMovJiQG6vTlgGHC1SUUQ2GDxcdR_ATbLdh22pjHWYQ0LmqkJEijwNQzBDjrm5az3rFz1VioAHjpUGuUzQP_xz4Ak_atXcZ5DiyANHC_blF-w=w775-h517-no

For dessert we got each of the three desserts they had and shared them. The best way to eat IMO! Here's the peach and blueberry galette, served a la mode. I think we all liked this.

7CECkLe_88h0lzGS1QY3J-x1Ap1VKxrnB4lfufSzATzhChJd_mfyxx3OcvI26kmKU2-aCNei-R-elGzkLXwg3yACK6UWaj_9DQOOLT-x3OkNu_41aUC7xZn7MroQJNZsZq8pRR2z5VAkYRmkMmMwZ13dh2LdjhvWqhJVPmop7sVlNSs0lXe-bcP3To9tMCCygrOZ83al7EEhF8uN9PQKx-gAfTRSjDg39HtG6A9VinDKwCCmvGsyL_5CthjgIbFOUCYr5uuBeEzMPsqU3gi48Q0wPtM1geapbV86IUUrSG1DuDHLj0Mkv49zhfoqNtTaLAkpvohvIiIBLcrBGuc5Ayc4ZrgUDrdRMnVXq6k_u7D-4rjnsT1wstMyfm8BAd2HNIomL8osY-yGSSqp10E2kR2gWz6b0ziHz56UAIxvPbrUo-21dAnKrGDTQs5nJ6kEFtmT05P-kcyIdQeExW90xwsATFfvTGs624DS-98HWX11NcpGmEk4DEkhZnYIl9qoBWxpnnS8_DfV3DrvEYv_1j6MS_Eh37tB8XpdIgcrNDEOmAaY8jQ8UpNB0kZy_hqzEOS_uoXASvlcl7nnROnTv7i1k1qKHeGhRx_Yr1SCo-IWxjxg3A=w775-h517-no

The creme brulee which was actually very good:

knqAZjWVTv7Z7E3futkoRsxD6BzxM7KXh_kmy7uW9ccINprc7ZHH8xbmpLGjTouNg9m3owxOl_b7Ed0O284s-WklYUrZ9Kg6VUX7tIYkkCfFmsw9SnVles2rfpmzsEann9t6PsMRiSkVleb5ryG1S5CWuoVR9_6F-oWeOO0dFwwE2U-Ajq7bTJaBotubF8El5pOR_tBUjb8fL0fn5CgmvL2z-uBcJ0G374-C4S-ml3ZeO--GzBuQJYr0rAppoaFrGyo1Xnlu6iqL2fD3BT-CjzzT2IYKkrrS11XIRYKcT0vJ_u3aHiqeQwnUagc7rOXwgVtdmI0apMsHd89XgZJJ_DYwcLpgN4J7NtrwKCji-pWb-gTxJLzVRTurlZULqvRbil41N8o1iI0Ypi_0dNim8As5-J5__w84EoFt57nZAPunlP2TLxUjOIquNIRTfpqCooRAoXxGMcxRiBxrVX2Uq4sGgC71ahyvttvsdBuMJr-fm1_VDYy4tnsIifE8RD74toAl1LOdg2zYTetHX2l6Lo8B0_-tSJLHufKgQHDVazwq3oTlXj_FhQUR2xhH18gkUQQgXdd-tehZWylsOKScoHUZlNpO7py7W2R6jgUZEd0vmxKoHQ=w775-h517-no

And the chocolate cake, which we wanted to like but just wasn't that special.

ze_S6BebOHwbTywAUllBgNWwXQlPh6E-QE2EpefLuf5zyhxgFvP1LiKsD753Hg_fhkF6LVe6iLSmAr2K74lFwJGnwMvuwBVXjnDw4W2fImx2PJis1yYLW1-TB_1jR2gvngFZHyTHpxaTNEuS2PcPgl6ShgwcB6AKoVjTOYjrQQLa3xvcH2UfBEb_Nt5ygvBWlhTabAMpjoqcUNZZimxOmiiiHEvMnr-1NzovZ2W43-51NrEqK6BUhQb4ArsYNIJ08hZsH3r_Hwz-bz0AOWSjRwnEeMo8dLMQpgZr0WgZFS2kWEXE0m4JnL9k-h2qek78q0p1otSDYJQIFkTShDBFmQKFem7WKmFtDF-jn3F3dr6w35gYhWU21tsxq5yYmVLGf3SIC8RmD9TJJfCE1b3b2QfK3x8RPSJTrcp8mVOfIhDZl5oDM8S4d9zTM-XMlQ9IZIQPTOLnNMGh98whWf2jD_TuybBYe1SI5i06gXU2WINdilqyRF0ooMJzrN4qcjV09MfH7wLFzDqwBtKSpZFWrz8lqN5RItwJZn0NG7fuboXlJ2cuJmFDpjAMdd43XeyvOuBf8rK-VgWTycKLVc6NEbDn2AV2HPrgG5YVxwbShCdWyZRDOA=w775-h517-no

As the CM brought our check I asked if we could get the later showing of PTN and he said he would double check the allocation of tickets but that it shouldn't be a problem. And soon enough he brought our tickets for the 10:15pm showing of PTN! This frees up our night significantly and we could still use our Hyperspace FP, watch Disneyland Forever and conclude the day with Paint the Night. How exciting! The night had just begun.

Overall i was happy I got to dine here at Blue Bayou although I heard the ambiance definitely outweighs the food and I tend to agree. It's a pricey meal and I think aside from the cool fact that you are sitting in the POTC ride, it's just ok. I did enjoy the gumbo though! Would I return? Sure but probably not a priority meal on a return trip.

After dinner, we headed to the ride which didn't have much of a wait at that time..the Jungle Cruise! I thought our Skipper was very witty and I couldn't wait to see the backside of water!

zjhSlrTiOJmOkpSaUVaBeKv2Jxfr8XqH1fOiTDKWJLF8hwpAqW5EhHRH1gccVodNkOPLpRffW8QVs30RXkv9xs7VePb6r71J2x47LZNgPp2FGI4Pxj9rywCNk45mU_YbI_qLuO835aNrss0tgNbsZy32erPa9s4qnDjxJWKf0RCNBYwas-D6dZdk90m7jeiTRXezFwhB4tYmQfr2SEyMct8e_m0eSvoYjBiN2qrZSB1dGGx6fPGHxoOKd4W1chqAdtELjc8EPW1a2EfDQbwnrKTGforlGfPRxCJjh-anr2ZGoCv3A-5JnZuAY2UZzKpb1sGJkEvm2jZXPcdmVaun5ptYAajdlAyrNAMA-i-5ddnRSsPy8q2dU1TaPUcy2spvCJLdCXAl84DUTkWrbOXJuwgH0UOWZC01yIWT7ZfiVKKa0ZbBSbNdHfzXEIxTI6okqDiCs5TudBR_lCmLgfEold-68mHZv4l74x4OaIVrunNc2F0vLYspk0Gdaaj6uq9abWwR6LIJ-Bo-wLo8Vrsb-y6peKYuSej_qUWvEya7HzLNNy_FZDgRhjGCY15gQQwhLQhPzcXsJU0xzNAtsYUcrY5hVf29EQ0H1D1OLZ5rsFWk23IVYg=w775-h517-no

Coming up...so much more...Hyperspace Mountain, Disneyland Forever, and Paint the Night!

Last edited:
When we stayed at SSR in June, we just got (H2O) shower gel, lotion, and one more toiletry, I think, but I can't remember what it was (ETA: now I remember that it was shampoo and conditioner....duh). And they didn't say "SPA" or have the castle on them. They had Tink and the fragrance is Grapefruit Bergamont. I think the values (and maybe mods) get Mickey H2O stuff. Not sure if any of the other deluxes get the ones you got.

I ate lunch at Blue Bayou in 2002 but that was so long ago, so I don't remember much, but I do remember the awesome ambiance!

Looking forward to the rest of your evening!

Last edited:
I have seen a pic somewhere of the two additional tubes, maybe from a WDW deluxe or from a DCL concierge room. When we last stayed in a deluxe in 2014 at WDW, we got the 4 H20 grapefruit bergamot bottles, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion. I don't know if they are doing all 4 still.

Blue Bayou looks cool. It's nice that you got to combine it with the PTN dinner. Gives you a good excuse to go. I would like to go there for the ambience. It reminds me of San Angel at Epcot. The atmosphere looks really cool, but I don't think the food is going to be all that. I think the only that keeps me from eating at San Angel is that if it's not good, it kind of paints a bad light on all Mexican food. I love really good authentic Mexican food and am lucky enough to be able to get it here. Looks like a fun evening and a nice hotel. Maybe next trip we will stay at GC. I just can't bring myself to stay at the main gate hotels across from the entrance anymore. They just seem so ratty and overpriced.

I can't speak on the "products" as I only stay in DVC resorts and since they are all Deluxe, I'm used to those same products. It's been a long time since i stayed in a moderate.

I agree with what you said about Blue Bayou. It's great for the atmosphere, but very pricey. One way to kill two birds with one stone is go there for lunch and you can get the Monte Cristo. It comes with salad or gumbo and scalloped potatoes.

Nice that you could get the later showing of PTN!

@soniam You should really try San Angel Inn, it's fantastic! Last trip my friend from Costa Rica came along with us and we had our first dinner there. He said the food was very good, just like he likes to make it at home. It's also not like the "Mexican" we get in California. It's not all tacos and burritos, or TexMex like fajitas. They serve mole and other traditional dishes from central mexico.

I can't speak on the "products" as I only stay in DVC resorts and since they are all Deluxe, I'm used to those same products. It's been a long time since i stayed in a moderate.

I agree with what you said about Blue Bayou. It's great for the atmosphere, but very pricey. One way to kill two birds with one stone is go there for lunch and you can get the Monte Cristo. It comes with salad or gumbo and scalloped potatoes.

@soniam You should really try San Angel Inn, it's fantastic! Last trip my friend from Costa Rica came along with us and we had our first dinner there. He said the food was very good, just like he likes to make it at home. It's also not like the "Mexican" we get in California. It's not all tacos and burritos, or TexMex like fajitas. They serve mole and other traditional dishes from central mexico.

By Mexican, I mean real Mexican food, not TexMex. We have really good authentic Mexican restaurants here in Austin, so I am a bit hesitant. I have heard really mixed reviews of San Angel from Mexican nationals too. We will probably eventually try it, because I want to try all of the restaurants in Epcot at some point.

I think you may have gotten the foot scrub and aloe gel because it was the flagship resort for Disneyland. The Grand Floridian at WDW gave us both of those but the Beach Club did not include the extra items. Just a thought.

When we stayed at SSR in June, we just got (H2O) shower gel, lotion, and one more toiletry, I think, but I can't remember what it was (ETA: now I remember that it was shampoo and conditioner....duh). And they didn't say "SPA" or have the castle on them. They had Tink and the fragrance is Grapefruit Bergamont. I think the values (and maybe mods) get Mickey H2O stuff. Not sure if any of the other deluxes get the ones you got.

I am not sure if this is just a California thing. In Feb at the Poly we were in the DVC wing and we got the same Grapefruit Bergamot as you. I've only seen the Sea Salt fragranced stuff on Disney cruises. I really like the sea salt body lotion. I hoarded them when I went on the cruise this year!

I ate lunch at Blue Bayou in 2002 but that was so long ago, so I don't remember much, but I do remember the awesome ambiance!

It was really nice to be sitting inside PoTC!! It was on my bucket list for a long time!

I have seen a pic somewhere of the two additional tubes, maybe from a WDW deluxe or from a DCL concierge room. When we last stayed in a deluxe in 2014 at WDW, we got the 4 H20 grapefruit bergamot bottles, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotion. I don't know if they are doing all 4 still.

At the Poly in Feb those were the products we got. I like them but I prefer the sea salt ones you get on DCL and at the GC. I also think the Foot rub and aloe seem to be a DLR thing too...it's pretty cool and I hope they bring it to all the deluxes.

Blue Bayou looks cool. It's nice that you got to combine it with the PTN dinner. Gives you a good excuse to go. I would like to go there for the ambience. It reminds me of San Angel at Epcot. The atmosphere looks really cool, but I don't think the food is going to be all that. I think the only that keeps me from eating at San Angel is that if it's not good, it kind of paints a bad light on all Mexican food. I love really good authentic Mexican food and am lucky enough to be able to get it here. Looks like a fun evening and a nice hotel. Maybe next trip we will stay at GC. I just can't bring myself to stay at the main gate hotels across from the entrance anymore. They just seem so ratty and overpriced.

Yes it does remind me a lot of San Angel Inn. I did enjoy San Angel when I went there in 2013. I am not a fan of tex mex that much. I do prefer more authentic Mexican but it's rare to find it in the northeast. You are lucky you get such good Mexican where you live. I would love Mexican food a lot more if I got the real stuff regularly.

Yeah I agree that some of the hotels across the entrance need to be updated yet charge more than a 3 star resort. But I think they get away with it because people care more about the convenience rather than the rooms. I like updated rooms (we stayed at the new Hyatt House for our last night and it made the GC room look like a Motel 8 and it was about 1/3 of the price per night).

I have not seen these products before in a WDW Deluxe. When we stayed at the Poly in a DVC room in feb we got the Grapefruit Bergamot toiletries and there wasn't foot rub or aloe. I much prefer the Sea Salt fragrance like they have on DCL and the foot rub and aloe were great. I put it on each night before bed on my feet and it felt really good after all the walking we did.

I would have totally done lunch except we wanted to do the PTN package and it seemed only offered for dinner. But lunch sounded so tempting because I could get my Monte Cristo as well!

It was nice they let us choose, although I'm sure it's a lot easier to get into the later showing than it is to get into the first showing.

I agree that San Angel Inn totally exceeded my expectations and It's worth another try for me.

That's great that you got the later showing of PTN - the LAST one!!!

I think the ambience of BB is really the draw, the food isn't that fabulous. It's not horrible, just not exactly worth the price. But sitting out there...seeing the boats go by and just the whole atmosphere....very cool!

Haha, that shower curtain. My friend was obsessed with hers and so upset to find out she couldn't buy one at guest services - she even joked about taking it the morning they left (she didn't lol). I thought it was cute, but not cute enough to steal :crazy2: Also I thought for a deluxe resort their room was small. It was smaller than the room we had at HOJO. Still, can't beat the convenience of being about 5 steps away from the parks!! I was certainly jealous of her proximity to the parks, especially when we walked back to our hotel each night :crutches:

Finally it was our turn!!
party:

YES.

IT IS THAT GOOD.

IT IS IN FACT, AMAZING!
YAAAAAAY! I know how much you were looking forward to this (I would be, too), so I'm thrilled that it did not disappoint!

From the first moment you turn the corner in your vehicle the Star Wars theme begins blaring. The soundtrack plays as you zip around a galactic war between the rebellion and imperial forces. Think Tie Fighters and Z-Wings. It's soooo awesome, especially because DH and I are Star Wars fans. CS is not a big SW fan but she loved it too and thought it was an excellent ride!
Oh man, that sounds incredible. I'm a peanut butter and jealous sandwich!

That poor lady in the front, though... :rotfl:

I wanted to share with you my park bag. It's a Lesportsac with a Mickey/Minnie print and it looks like they are in Hawaii. It combines my two favorite vacation places, Hawaii and Disney into one, so of course I HAD to get it. Funny thing is that my sister ALSO got the exact same bag and she used hers too, so she had to stick a dangle-y thing on her zipper pull so we could distinguish her bag from mine.

ytP0i1JZJ-mMfJLnxPG7ljZI5rVIcktyMTQK2wSoH8U6imtfp2umH33jNuuEpoYTGSBCFEXuljQaLbFtP--ly8M8peiA7c4mc1OacygIGzF5jllZjNq4Mos-2dNCBQOM9o9j4XFZ8A2yQDoT0ffAsq21bQ3BWVpqJDHWFgHPQe5wRUjhqZgMX_0imON8d5Hwi62wkX_u_V-agN2U9hd9qjxejh91qHEIEcFPsMV3_6bSyDyTwnaZleRiL42tf9EMyJrZ-FGRfEDqmiT2lzxH6WiyBkrQ1ALKw_aiaydgNkZv0MeuAVklqDC58W4CLr1dNYzhe6A07AtMplPAOf3Kzg5bcUMzM67oXZ_EHb-me3YNHEtL_Dc1Pp-nAaMEHnDy2ByCTjtGfQUZ6jahip_v-Ry4v7w66raRDCBCC23G05n8Cz0Q-ngzL-sJy8jGovJPwwZAEMh5eQUO8xax7Qu5C2tMmVjKYQNMw-CN8KAPSSU26_M-kahX1_Z0s3p-iA8bDkncKXIjc3RPhGBkuihb5KwkG1TYcKKhAzDde5t2l1VmGfFUcy40OoNvirOH9D0r4hr9ijkkMk1Intn3HIGsH7zIeUs32TlQwLjTrcV23CjJjZd2tQ=w775-h517-no
That is ADORABLE! I love it! Both you and your sister always have fantastic taste, though!

We started with the Pomme Frites to share. Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley served with Cajun Spice Rémoulade. I had heard these were really good fries and it didn't disappoint. Crisp fries with grated Parmesan and garlic, what's not to love?

gcPqOkRAAh9yOkzkSbMgDdm2U5DRBPuPIzEaIC2BwYXBhYD5_kcdPa0olbfrja3SuL2K3Xlp3PkgaX8kHcBaQ0FZUgZaQbMKyzimxq36QXHS0l2sckgVkbQK75yz1-Q0y63RIWcRviqR6XUUn--En2yxxlYvAmXBYu4hvxXiY05UId2fUqOx2o7JjyaPUEZV9oJeUt7SGQEnPkzHqX7c63qC91YcHM73_e9ynv5cKikdKOPVlvdKXVEctfsFuvh8GDguG51kzTfGeDrxXqD5mcQIADJw0h9bnLpdojAjtucSge57c53nQh1L2raAVc0pEUntY57bl_iI1uB7xXcuEZsJnmhzJ6TtUftCXgV7P8BD_RvQTi7w8xI-nQ4rrS3IU0jItQnFHACgXb9p-HKzdL_hCrH-ZW82WAwdL84og2y-BWtvTv-csDaYq69GmJIFekcyfr1wbEez-qi66jdqClN4nTh_ojGEAThfjf92ZUTSQ_sH-6eUKohMdBNEIUx-p_NiVjnYvFhKmTCSFByzKaNk8MJb3v7p9E6SKRN7IlHrDiWJfW7yDMMwvGZQKMhBrtP4tu3Q3I8Fih8VobqrtYqhQfZZpzwvqZdB0pVEmoIzqPFqVA=w775-h517-no
Oh man. Just look at all those delicious carbs. I wish I was eating those right now!

So one of the photographers must have been really really bored...I mean, just look at this:
BAHAHA! Those PP photos are FANTASTIC!

Soon, we headed over to Blue Bayou to check in for dinner. Here's what me and my sister wore. I liked my t-shirt in person more than it photographed as it looked very lumpy so this is the only full-length picture of me you'll see tonight, LOL.

lIYUNE6TmMNuyfGtGl4DNz1oy--DN7a2EWt4_wsycfLPkWzFefqu3iTxCH_Xpxix8P3l9jrxiamATESPEqPqe9OXFint9nMeEt_pSgnzK-RkPNyaXDSXfH2QN4IeQhdOwnHowYRwlzotc8ctFvHjvmibM2PKswZPl4uOMuBkdcnJGgZP64etjeHCOsNhjxEy417j4VY1K1iBhHeHgCeznY3H0L6Ur9dGlZyDZKuwYubQvfGD3mwntpOZptS-ejHLeOwh4ZUTMr1OqiiS_chFzt_llHSnYlla6l5VJ5yppaMUZXB_3Xh9pqLQ3O9ILJovsVHwmmqN-KHAxNMA8dCi7WUqfBDXm8MWQfMZc3bpdZotO5KmlBIqVZm5Ptuyx638mOP3bl-dFnFMjyOAhgQdbl1L8IxuMkoteEvQjYCDG5FKr6Xn5hJE4AvLEssqKbnPRu2ObQoAuhnN2DkhbZ83aLFT-Ts_G7g43cTMsJFaBJbpqNLYzzjjClW0PAESB7nWNgamSPxpn-XVl1dnHro9R4-uPFljnZDgxmd_P9F5HKEDlALfoarcfA7GGOif0IegfnDIoQHot1MKaCv9aEvNmFpWsWa7QRmb5HrV5rYeDCT9Ufp0fw=w408-h543-no
Oh, hush. You look cute as a button.

The menus were cool because they lit up, which was perfect when it's that dim!

hSvQ_Fgf-6s52j6chA7E-4VSONQ_VN3IyILrqGEfn1eMl8GwKnjn7AiTH3DqaD7OUkm8eG6EhF6Sgia1If5uLXxH3nK18pLGkWzcxQ0I-wAHjqZhhEflsY9X2YcUPQnyFO27xDg4YBKIhHn3o3oucyI0kdl7PDAxw7mg2iaJhcZGeHNn-9eEpTiwWaC4cyHnUYHI_LYu9zEmf5wc97mkXJ-x1YrstpI79z5r8_FTfDhIdCiCbheswyI5CiEAJTi8IdVP3QwIri5vlUX4kgL3lr0LQbQ898ISnaXmkP7jb_sWS8D2eaCGdVFdZpzA6QuaPPo943Bz2gfBxzzZ16rlBu6_J0nxfSeI-pNEIQCmE-ovZA0kQmPh127HP8AjeDa8Vf5GlJ4nLrvUijPTf7XquhejvjKyk5YqNZS3v86xprQ1W40a6_gFKm2JNaMem-Ozb_x52zDNtGzim6BkYeEPAdgpMq7W-n3w8yF0dRCx6ymSGk3PbnPyrY6BrQRj7RgOhee4gcXZjIkD-WV9NNf5P8RUWvLbWD81oXPcB65hTpDwwk2sRp0k72-_MzQt4O9MIalgWyXCOU5txk3MKi9m6FLmDs6y84-6fOjdQ19fWfebusqfcw=w775-h517-no
WHOA! That's super duper cool!

As an entree we a llgot the Surf & Turf Petite Pacific Northwest Lobster Tail and Broiled Filet Mignon, Blue Bayou Au Gratin Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, Bearnaise Sauce. This was actually a lot better than I expected. I typically associate surf n turf with what you usually get when you're a guest at a wedding, and it's always overcooked beef and a rubbery piece of seafood surrounded by a potato and baby vegetables. Here the steak was cooked the way we wanted (medium rare for DH and I and medium well for CS) and the lobster was tender enough. Definitely a "petite" lobster tail but goodness after that Monte Cristo for lunch I'm surprised I could finish dinner. The potatoes au gratin were not that good though, as it was under cooked.

8LoPZnw6UvXwHewyoORn6PeNb-gLqud_2-vR4ydJzHJAvo2h6X7V0dz8ECMRheUJktlVaTE1iLflU46oE-UD2aj113xEPVganD_T1-ut59sc9HHUROyXRa1724VNDUCAWSx1wcNBPQyG19P3Vm9d4gDoruJvxDnD8ZteOwpkvUXcE2HidZoFpRT8y5zLuKlq6WivOjut73XpYvTXC9wjrNUBBU0HTX7IDWBrYl5CgARPBBCQiVFLZUKVIr5_rdZ5lQhlaMhOOzRM5XZ8RhcbrsjqYm-hPyCOrW-k-M1EKOEb5H8NZPlyJCOi6s97gcueJ0-PTFLcn2YVPcteWq25XvvdzAuXuMfgEVYUDbiFoqWpaBQuNovwEZ9vyvEoH4cwzZ66BCUhVkgMaQbLoN--xU7aIj4n_oxRvIb14q2bdkCx_ZzWquf-KTqtE8v3ObnWQCD4PXbDAgyClgTRu3nMElxvCr7zPOZ7pLcee9vHM-2pDlX3kJGf49h1B6AiX7qVI14egfMovJiQG6vTlgGHC1SUUQ2GDxcdR_ATbLdh22pjHWYQ0LmqkJEijwNQzBDjrm5az3rFz1VioAHjpUGuUzQP_xz4Ak_atXcZ5DiyANHC_blF-w=w775-h517-no
Mmmm. I think I literally just drooled a little looking at this.

I think you may have gotten the foot scrub and aloe gel because it was the flagship resort for Disneyland. The Grand Floridian at WDW gave us both of those but the Beach Club did not include the extra items. Just a thought.

Oh you may be right! That's really interesting! I've never stayed at the GF before. I hope that will change though. I'm looking to see if I can reserve some DVC points for next November for our anniversary.

That's great that you got the later showing of PTN - the LAST one!!!

It was nice of them to let us switch. But I don't think it was an issue as the earlier show was way more crowded than the later show.

I think the ambience of BB is really the draw, the food isn't that fabulous. It's not horrible, just not exactly worth the price. But sitting out there...seeing the boats go by and just the whole atmosphere....very cool!

Yup, definitely what I will remember most is the ambiance...the food is secondary. Kinda like how I feel about Sci Fi, but at least the food at Sci Fi is cheaper.

Haha, that shower curtain. My friend was obsessed with hers and so upset to find out she couldn't buy one at guest services - she even joked about taking it the morning they left (she didn't lol). I thought it was cute, but not cute enough to steal :crazy2: Also I thought for a deluxe resort their room was small. It was smaller than the room we had at HOJO. Still, can't beat the convenience of being about 5 steps away from the parks!! I was certainly jealous of her proximity to the parks, especially when we walked back to our hotel each night :crutches:

Oh that's funny! Is your friend a Bambi fan? LOL. I agree that the rooms were small. It reminded me a bit of our room at AKL a few years ago, similar layout and the bathrooms were the same too. The Poly rooms were much bigger I felt but the sinks were inside the bathroom but not outside, which is more convenient when you have 3 adults! You're definitely paying top dollar for the convenience though, that was just priceless. Since we had a CM discount it was a great deal (but still significantly more than the non Disney hotels), so I'm not sure I could afford it without the discount. However, I did really like the Disneyland Hotel where we went on our last day. It was nice and bright and they had bigger stores. :)

YAAAAAAY! I know how much you were looking forward to this (I would be, too), so I'm thrilled that it did not disappoint!

Yes! It was like, Ok, now the vacation is complete because I rode the ride that inspired the trip in the first place! Hahaha.

Oh man, that sounds incredible. I'm a peanut butter and jealous sandwich!

Such an amazing ride. I hope they BRING BACK HYPERSPACE MOUNTAIN.

That poor lady in the front, though... :rotfl:

It's always funny to see everyone's expression on the ride pics.

That is ADORABLE! I love it! Both you and your sister always have fantastic taste, though!

Aww thank you!

Oh man. Just look at all those delicious carbs. I wish I was eating those right now!

You will get to eat carbs soon!!! And I'm sure it will be amazing!

BAHAHA! Those PP photos are FANTASTIC!

We were all just like...oh gosh, this is gonna be terrible. But when those PP photographers tell us to do something we just do it...doh!

Oh, hush. You look cute as a button.

Haha, thanks but this is the 5th picture after not being happy with the others, and a lot of smoothing of the shirt. I did want to show the shirt though because it matched the ears but I think from now on the shirt will be a "wear at home" kinda shirt.

WHOA! That's super duper cool!

The first time I saw that technology was on the Disney Fantasy. One of the bars had it and we thought it was soooo fancy!

Mmmm. I think I literally just drooled a little looking at this.

It does look quite good, right? Nothing like a good steak and lobster to end the night!

So glad for your review of Blue Bayou! It was something we looked into but just didn't suit our tastes! I think like you said, the atmosphere would be awesome but again, the most important thing (food) just isn't for us! Love your TR so far!!! I think (actually I hope) that Hyperspace mountain is coming back for my trip in Nov!!

So glad for your review of Blue Bayou! It was something we looked into but just didn't suit our tastes! I think like you said, the atmosphere would be awesome but again, the most important thing (food) just isn't for us! Love your TR so far!!! I think (actually I hope) that Hyperspace mountain is coming back for my trip in Nov!!

Thanks! It is a nice restaurant but the food comes second to the ambiance. I hope the bring back Hyperspace too! LOL. Hence I named my Trip Report after that.
I hope you have a great time in Nov! I've been following along on your PTR just having had time to comment, but I hope to do so later tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter