Bring on CarsLand! A Fun-Filled Mother-Daughter Birthday Trip! FINAL UPDATES 9/8!!!!

I love all the hidden mickeys! Did you use the app that costs $8-ish or is there another one? I keep debating getting the one that costs $8. Hannah is really liking finding hidden mickeys, but I've never paid so much for an app and it sort of pains me to think of spending that much....

I LOVE the chairs in the lobby! They make me want to go ride the tea cups! And those umbrella lights are so cute!

I think I said it before but I LOVE that there are characters at the Disneyland Hotel. So cool!!!

Yep, I want a teacup chair. Too bad there's no discreet way to steal those.

The Hidden Mickey hunt looks so much fun!!

Think I'm all caught up finally.... great pics as usual!!! And once again, they are totally making me want to go to DL!!! And just how are you keeping up with THREE TRs??!!!! :confused3:faint: You're Super Woman!!!!!!

What app did you use on your phone? Sounds like fun!

I love those umbrellas that are hanging down!

What app do you use? It looks amazing!
I think it is made by the same company that publishes the HM books - unfortunately, my phone is not cooperating so I can't figure it out for you for sure. :(

Okay that is awesome while swimming in the Pool you can see Goofy?!?!
Well, he does have a restaurant nearby, so he tends to wander around the pool area now and then. ;)

This report is really making me hope that one day I can go to DL pixiedust:
I hope you can! It's such a wonderful place to visit. :lovestruc

I love all the hidden mickeys! Did you use the app that costs $8-ish or is there another one? I keep debating getting the one that costs $8. Hannah is really liking finding hidden mickeys, but I've never paid so much for an app and it sort of pains me to think of spending that much....
Gosh - I don't remember it costing that much - I don't think I've ever purchased an app that costs more than a dollar or two. :laughing:

I LOVE the chairs in the lobby! They make me want to go ride the tea cups! And those umbrella lights are so cute!
Those chairs were added after the relatively recent refurb - I LOVE them!!!!

I think I said it before but I LOVE that there are characters at the Disneyland Hotel. So cool!!!
Isn't it awesome???? :woohoo:

Yep, I want a teacup chair. Too bad there's no discreet way to steal those.
I know - I would totally make room for one here. ::yes::

The Hidden Mickey hunt looks so much fun!!
We really did have just a great time spending that time searching around the hotel and finding all the HMs that we could. :thumbsup2

Think I'm all caught up finally.... great pics as usual!!! And once again, they are totally making me want to go to DL!!! And just how are you keeping up with THREE TRs??!!!! :confused3:faint: You're Super Woman!!!!!!
Hi Heather!!! I am NOT good at having multiple TRs going - it's stressful! :laughing: This one should be done VERY soon though..... ;)

What app did you use on your phone? Sounds like fun!

I love those umbrellas that are hanging down!
I think it is put out by the same company that does the books. Unfortunately, my phone is not cooperating, so I can't check for sure. :confused3

Goofy’s Kitchen​

When we had finished shopping, it was time to head to Goofy’s Kitchen for what has now become our traditional last DLR meal. This was our second time dining here, and our second time having a GREAT time! :woohoo:

Willow met Chef Goofy before we were seated.

Willow was really excited - this is one of her favorite character meals at any Disney establishment.

And right away, Minnie was there to say hello.

We had a chance to go get a few selections from the buffet at this point.

And I ordered a cocktail - mostly for the glow cube! :laughing:

Oh, I forgot, a chef walked the buffet with us and let me know what I could eat. He also prepared these veggies for me. They were very tasty!

Soon Snow White came by.

And I’m sure you noticed who was next! :woohoo:

One of our favorite chipmunks!

Up Next: Goofy’s Kitchen (cont.)

Goofy’s Kitchen (cont.)​

We got some more food.

Minnie stopped back by. :woohoo:

And then Dale. Dale was a little off - he insisted on using his own pen, and he really didn’t want to stick around very long. But he was okay - just not AS interactive as everyone who had come before.

And then things got dramatic! Dale went over to the next table. This was a table with two or three adults and a huge number of kids. And the kids were not being minded well at all - they were cutting in front of people (like Willow) at the buffet, pushing and such, and there was no adult in sight when they were up there. We had noticed, but it wasn’t a big deal at all. We were having a lot of fun, so it was a minor blip on my radar.

But then Dale had his run-in with this family. I am not totally clear on what happened, but apparently, he somehow bumped one of the little girls while signing autographs or something. She cried, didn’t seem hurt, mom kind of gave me one of those no-big-deal shrugs/looks and then made kind of a joke about how they had had multiple mishaps with Dale over the years. And that was all there was to it. I thought…..

We were excited to see Alice! But as I was taking pictures, I noticed that there were now people on the floor at the next table. :confused3:

And we got desserts.

No, she did not eat all of that! :laughing:

All during this, the family next to us had the mother, the child who had been bumped by Dale and various other children on the floor and CMs talking to them, including a manager. The mother was complaining loudly about Dale, how he wasn’t in character, how he had harmed her child, how he was always a problem (because, you know, there is really only one Dale), etc. It was all SO weird, because the child had, by all indications, been fine right after the horrific Dale Event. I mean, I certainly hope that the child was okay - she truly seemed fine immediately afterwards. It was just weird. It's quite possible that something more had happened that we didn't witness, I don't know. :confused3 There was just so MUCH carrying-on, you know? And I’ll admit, I did stop and talk to the manager on the way out just to let her know that, although Dale may not have been the most interactive character at the meal, he certainly hadn’t been rude or anything when he visited us. (He hadn't even risen to the level of Thug Pluto at 'Ohana in August 2013. ;)) I was worried Dale was going to get fired! :laughing:

On our way out, Willow had to give Pluto one last hug!

Up Next: See Ya Real Soon, Disneyland!

See Ya Real Soon, Disneyland!​

And the next morning, we were up at 5:00 and soon outside the hotel waiting for our airport transportation. Willow had been crying about having to leave. :(

We found a hidden Mickey on the lamps, but it was hard to get a pic because, of course, they were on.

So our bus arrived.

And Willow cheered up quite a bit when she discovered that she could finish her cake pop for breakfast! :woohoo:

Our flight to Seattle was quick and uneventful.

And we had a long enough lay-over that we decided to get some lunch. Willow enjoyed doing word searches on my phone while we waited.

I looked around and knew we were definitely back in the Pacific Northwest.

Willow enjoyed a really nice grilled cheese with cheddar (she won’t eat American "cheese").

And I had delicious fish tacos.

And then we got home after another easy and VERY quick flight. My dad had picked up our dog for us, so he was waiting at home. :lovestruc We did laundry and chilled out, resting up for getting back to the routine of school and work the next day. But look at the cute magnets I brought home with me!

Thank you all so much for reading and commenting along the way. I loved sharing Willow’s third birthday trip with you. And for anyone who hasn’t joined in already, I would love to have you come along with us on our August 2014 Road Trip to Disneyland TR - the link is in my signature!

What a strange incident at lunch! Sounds like the mom was working the system.

Boo for going home! Glad you have another TR or two going. :)

Jill in CO

Sounds like it was a nice last night. With the exception of the weird Dale & family incident.

Thanks for sharing the trip with us. Got some good tips for next year.

goofy's kitchen?!? oh, Hannah would be in heaven! I love that first picture of willow and Minnie. do you ask willow to strike these poses--cute faces, skirt held out like the princesses do--or does she just do it naturally? i'm lucky if I can get my girls to look at the camera!

that plate of willow's with the mac and cheese, chicken nuggets and pizza, and the one piled with desserts, look exactly like plates our girls would make! :rotfl:

what was with those people at the next table?! that sounds like a lot of crazy business and someone trying to get something for nothing to me. I did laugh at the fact that the lady complained about dale "always" being a problem. like it's the same friend of dale with some sort of vendetta against this particular family and is always there to mess with them! come on, lady! :lmao:

can't believe it's over, but so glad you both had such an awesome time on willow's birthday trip!

Goofy's kitchen looks great besides the strange family. Boo to leaving though and i'm totally with Willow on the crying when I have to go home :thumbsup2

What a strange incident at lunch! Sounds like the mom was working the system.
I'll be honest - it definitely felt like she was trying to get a free meal (for what was about 10 people, I think). I could certainly be wrong, and if so, I feel really bad about it. But it just didn't smell right, you know?

Boo for going home! Glad you have another TR or two going. :)
:laughing: Thanks! I'm glad I do too - it would be hard to live without a TR at this point. :laughing:

Sounds like it was a nice last night. With the exception of the weird Dale & family incident.
We love eating at Goofy's Kitchen on the last night, regardless of weird incidents. :laughing:

Thanks for sharing the trip with us. Got some good tips for next year.
Thanks! I hope you have a great trip!!!

goofy's kitchen?!? oh, Hannah would be in heaven! I love that first picture of willow and Minnie. do you ask willow to strike these poses--cute faces, skirt held out like the princesses do--or does she just do it naturally? i'm lucky if I can get my girls to look at the camera!
Oh my gosh! I didn't even think about that - Hannah would LOVE it there!

All Willow poses are 100% her own doing. :laughing:

that plate of willow's with the mac and cheese, chicken nuggets and pizza, and the one piled with desserts, look exactly like plates our girls would make! :rotfl:
Definitely vacation eating, huh? :rotfl2:

what was with those people at the next table?! that sounds like a lot of crazy business and someone trying to get something for nothing to me. I did laugh at the fact that the lady complained about dale "always" being a problem. like it's the same friend of dale with some sort of vendetta against this particular family and is always there to mess with them! come on, lady! :lmao:
I really did not feel right - it was CRAZY. :laughing:

I loved that part too - like Dale is just out to get them. :rotfl2:

can't believe it's over, but so glad you both had such an awesome time on willow's birthday trip!
Thanks! It was such a great trip. I'm secretly trying to figure out how I can afford to take her for her 8th birthday in January since we still have those APs..... :confused3

Goofy's kitchen looks great besides the strange family. Boo to leaving though and i'm totally with Willow on the crying when I have to go home :thumbsup2
We do love Goofy's Kitchen and always have a ton of fun there - weird families or not! :laughing:

It is always SO HARD to leave, isn't it???

Definitely my favorite thing about DLR is the variety of characters at the meals. I remember at our character breakfast we had Tigger, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Fairy Godmother, Rafiki, and Captain Hook...

That's pretty odd about the woman and Dale...I'm sure the managers deal with that stuff all the time, though, and know it wasn't Dale's fault.

Thanks for a wonderful DLR TR!!! I loved it, but I love all your TRs so this is nothing new. Can't wait to read more about the road trip and the WDW trip!!!

Ack, how did I fall so far behind again? Here I go catching up!

Cool that there were rides in CA that you hadn't even tried yet. Though too bad about the headache, that definitely makes any ride unenjoyable.

That's awesome that they let you ride RSR again after it broke down! The irony of the No Stall sign is pretty funny.

I love how easy it is to park hop there. In the morning you went from DL to CA to DL. That's really cool!

Looks like another fun character meal. Though is it just me, or does Minnie's skirt look kind of short? She's really showing some leg! And so strange about the Dale thing. I wonder if they thought of it as an opportunity to try and get a free meal or something. What a shame.

I'm sorry to see your TR end, but at least I know there are others I can follow! I'm looking forward to keeping up!

Definitely my favorite thing about DLR is the variety of characters at the meals. I remember at our character breakfast we had Tigger, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Fairy Godmother, Rafiki, and Captain Hook...
Isn't it fun how varied they are??? The first time we went, I was a little concerned that it would seem weird, but it doesn't - it's just tons of fun! :goodvibes

That's pretty odd about the woman and Dale...I'm sure the managers deal with that stuff all the time, though, and know it wasn't Dale's fault.
It was VERY weird. I certainly hope that Dale didn't get in too much trouble. I mean, he was not in the best mood, but he certainly wasn't assaulting children. :confused3

Thanks for a wonderful DLR TR!!! I loved it, but I love all your TRs so this is nothing new. Can't wait to read more about the road trip and the WDW trip!!!
Awww - thanks, Courtney! I have loved having you following along throughout - and I am loving your TR as always as well! :goodvibes

Ack, how did I fall so far behind again? Here I go catching up!
:laughing: No worries - I am always playing catch-up around here. It's hard to keep up!

Cool that there were rides in CA that you hadn't even tried yet. Though too bad about the headache, that definitely makes any ride unenjoyable.
Yeah, the headache definitely did not mix well with Goofy's Sky School. :headache: :laughing: But it was fun to try new things.

That's awesome that they let you ride RSR again after it broke down! The irony of the No Stall sign is pretty funny.
We were psyched when the CM told us we could stay seated and go around again. I couldn't believe how many people just got out - and they did not fill the cars with waiting guests, so it was pretty silly. :confused3

I love how easy it is to park hop there. In the morning you went from DL to CA to DL. That's really cool!
Isn't it neat? It's very freeing! :laughing:

Looks like another fun character meal. Though is it just me, or does Minnie's skirt look kind of short? She's really showing some leg! And so strange about the Dale thing. I wonder if they thought of it as an opportunity to try and get a free meal or something. What a shame.
:rotfl2: I noticed that about Minnie's skirt when I posted that update too!

Honestly, it really looked to me like they were trying to get the meal comped. :sad2:

I'm sorry to see your TR end, but at least I know there are others I can follow! I'm looking forward to keeping up!
Thanks Becky! It's been great having you along for the ride (again)! :goodvibes

Bahaaaa!!! :rotfl: I remember that Thug Pluto!! I literally laughed out loud when I read that.

LOVE Willow's dessert plate!!! That's my big weakness...SWEETS!!! :goodvibes

Well...I would say I'm sorry that it's over, but you have other TRs going on! :laughing: So I still get to follow long with you :teeth:

Have a great week!
Heather

Bahaaaa!!! :rotfl: I remember that Thug Pluto!! I literally laughed out loud when I read that.
:laughing: I will NEVER forget Thug Pluto!!!!!!

LOVE Willow's dessert plate!!! That's my big weakness...SWEETS!!! :goodvibes
Wasn't her plate insane???? :rotfl2:

Well...I would say I'm sorry that it's over, but you have other TRs going on! :laughing: So I still get to follow long with you :teeth:
Yeah, no shortage of reports from me lately! :laughing: Seriously though, thanks so much for always joining in, Heather. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter