• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring your own refillable water bottles?

dizneygirl55

Mouseketeer
I did not see this question posted so here goes-----we have our own Brita water bottles that we use all the time. The only thing that I don't like about the bottles is that they 'sweat'. Does anyone have one that they use for water at the parks that they like? We are going in September and are trying to save some money by not purchasing the $3 + bottles of water at the parks. It is my understanding that the counter service areas will refill your bottles with ice and water at no charge when asked.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

We have them too. We keep them in a tube sock to absorb the moisture. I've seen covers for larger bottles that insulate. But, I haven't found any for the Brita bottle size yet.

The counter service will give you free ice water in cups - the regular sized cups, not the little ones. We just get that when we want water. No charge and no bottles to carry around all day.

We use the soft-sided Brita bottle, which still sweats but not quite as much. I bought a cover (similar) for it (it's not made for the Brita, so it's a little too tall but it works out ok). But we've found we typically keep the bottle in the mesh side pocket of our backpack, so the sweating isn't really that big of a deal.

The counter service will give you free ice water in cups - the regular sized cups, not the little ones. We just get that when we want water. No charge and no bottles to carry around all day.
Thanks. But, I don't like the taste of Florida's water. I'd rather have it filtered. I still pour the free water into the bottles.

Thanks. But, I don't like the taste of Florida's water. I'd rather have it filtered. I still pour the free water into the bottles.
I don't like the taste of the tap water or water fountain water either, but isn't the water from the counter service places filtered? I don't like the taste out of faucets in our hotel room but have never found that same "off" taste in the water from restaurants.

If you don't like the taste from the water that is filtered through the soda machines at all quick services you can also go to Starbucks, they run the water through 3 filters and they will also give you free ice water. You could just drink it from there and put it inside the filtered bottle. We don't bring any bottles cause we are used to the taste (we live here in Orlando) but whenever we can we get water from Starbucks

I did not see this question posted so here goes-----we have our own Brita water bottles that we use all the time. The only thing that I don't like about the bottles is that they 'sweat'. Does anyone have one that they use for water at the parks that they like? We are going in September and are trying to save some money by not purchasing the $3 + bottles of water at the parks. It is my understanding that the counter service areas will refill your bottles with ice and water at no charge when asked.

No, they will not fill your bottles. They will give you cups of water and you can use those to fill the bottles. They can not take your bottle behind the counter.
The water that they give you is filtered. It is the same water that they use for soft drinks. But if you want to filter it again, go for it.

I wrap paper towels around the water bottle I use to keep the sweating down.

For Disney, my kids and I use Camelbaks. My wife can't carry a backpack due to after effect of a surgery, so she carries a generic water bottle or a couple of disposable bottles of water. She can always refill the disposable bottles if she wants to.

we got insulated sleeves for our camelbak grooves. maybe britta has something like that?

One trick for Camelbaks is to use thin closed cell packing foam and make a sleeve that the hydration bladder fits in to. It adds extra insulation with very little bulk. I don't see why you couldn't do something like that for a water bottle?

That is a great option for adults (and even for my family when the weather is cooler). But my kids are "sippers." They don't drink a whole cup of water in one sitting. They'd take one swig and toss the rest. So it's easier for me to carry a bottle (refilled with free QS ice water) so we can pass it around for a quick drink while waiting in lines, etc. That way I can make sure they're staying hydrated if we're there in the summer months, without stopping at a QS place every half hour.

Edited to add: I used a Contiga stainless steel bottle last time. The down side is it's a little heavy, but it kept the water nice and cold, with no "sweating." No filter, but like others mentioned, we thought the water from the soda fountains tasted fine!

We got polar ice water bottles at TJ Maxx. They do sweat a bit but they also have a plastic loop that we just hung over the stroller handle so it was less to carry. They also have water fountains in case the lines for water are too long. I don't think they will fill up the bottles at quick service but give you a cup of water

We use an insulated metal bottles.. we will often have two.. either Hydroflask or more recently we have switched to contigo as we like the tops better.. We fill them with ice in the morning and add water.. there have been a number of times when we will still have ice left at the end of the day. We do refill with ice water from quick service/lunch.

We carry them in a waterbottle sling.. This makes them easy to carry and allows the carry job to be shared.

What about the Yeti/RTIC metal cups. They do not sweat and they keep ice all day.

We went in July and took a Yeti bottle. It was amazing! The lid acts as a handle, and unlike a cup, you don't have to worry about spilling it.

We liked it so much, we got another one for our next trip.

We take a hydroflask. Ours is a large wide mouth but they do have smaller ones. They're insulated, do not sweat. As others have said, we load it up in the morning with a lot of ice and then the water. As the ice melts during the day it makes more water. Fill during the day with the free ice and dispensed water from all over the World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter