Bringing Hubby and Infant for Resort only?

Seems to me that this is a question for your DH only. If he's OK hanging out at the resort with the baby, then it's all good.

I wouldn't want to do that and I don't think my DH would have either even though he doesn't ride many rides so Disney isn't his fave vacation. I hated hotel rooms when my kids were little though. They tended to not sleep well. My DH often skips a day or two in the parks on our trips BUT he isn't watching a baby. He's able to play a round of golf, lounge at the pool napping, etc...

In your case, I'd prefer to take DD alone to save money. If you are park people, stay at a value and have a girl's trip. You'll save money and can plan a separate trip that your DH could enjoy too. Or leave the baby at home and have a trip where you and DH can focus on your older DD after a period where the new baby has likely been the center of attention.

My kids are widely spaced so we left DD several times as an infant/toddler so that we could vacation with our son when he was 11/12.

Last edited:
I would do a "mix" - everyone go - get park tickets for everyone even if you buy lesser days for DH if he truly doesn't love the parks. Then you could alternate each doing things with the older dd as well as bring everyone to the parks (for a dinner/show/fireworks?).

So one day you could get baby set in the morning, mom and dd go to park, pool break in the afternoon with dad and dd and everyone goes to dinner.

Another day maybe dad and dd go mini golf, or rent a water sprite while mom stays at resort with baby …..

Everyone heads to a park in the am, focus on rides and shows everyone can do tighter, pool time and the family dinner and maybe an evening show/fireworks in the park.

If the OP can combine family time with mom / daughter and then dad / daughter time this could be a great vacation.

I agree that the cabins would be a great place to stay as there is a lot to do right there, alternately maybe a 1 bedroom dvc rental.

I haven't read through the entire thread but what are your plans re the park? You take your older daughter alone or your hubby does? Im a bit confused.

My husband is NOT a fan of Disney. DS and I have annual passes every year, and had been going a few times a year without my husband. He hates the heat, and isn't a fan of many of the rides. My son is ten and we had a surprise with DD arrival last year. So being 9 years apart, my son was very used to doing Disney ' our way'. We go go go( park, resort pool, dinner, then back to park). The first trip with DD and DS was this past April. DD was 7 months old, so my husband came too. I thought he would be more apt to taking DD while I went with my son or we'd trade off......that's not exactly how it went. The trip was fun, because it's Disney. However it was a lot of DS and husband going on a ride while I sat out with DD, then husband wouldn't want to wait for us to do ride swap so I could ride with our son too. I missed out on a lot. Husband didn't want to watch DD a lot in a hotel room, I took her to the pool to watch DS swim etc. We got KNO to watch DD one day, best decision ever! I actually got to participate with my DS. We are going back in November, without my husband! I'm taking my DS who will still be ten and DD who will be almost 14 months by myself. I'm going to utilize KNO for half the park days so just DS and I can spend d time together and the other half we'll bring DD with us. This works best for our family. I hope you have fun no matter what!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter