Brit's Guide to DLP 2006!

Mar' - I think it's mainly called A Brit's Guide, because that is the "name" of the series of guidebooks, rather like the Unofficial Guide covers all sorts of different places now. I might be wrong, but I think the first book Simon did was the Brit's Guide to Orlando (and WDW) which was (and stil is) very much aimed at helping the UK market get by in the US - so that's where the title originated. I'm sure the DLP one will still be very helpful to non Brits - certainly better than the Unofficial version which, as you said, is very out of date.

As always, you're so helpful Becky! Going to order one right now, thanks.

Mar'

I'm going to order one as well. I'm waiting for the new one to come out though, since we're not going until Jan. 2007. :( I figure I'll at least understand the language. ;) It would be nice to have a section that helps Americans in the booking process, etc. :goodvibes

I just got the latest version thru the Amazon UK site...all in all, with shipping and currency exchange taken into account, it cost me about $25.00 US and I've been enjoying it immensely!

If you decide to add a chapter to the book for American tourists, I thought of a couple more things that could be helpful to us.

Will we need a power adapter? Which is the best for travel in Europe?

Converting dollars to euros: What type of payment gets us the best conversion rate.

Thanks for at least considering these suggestions. :)

Hi again folks. We're now in the final stages of the re-write and we're trying to take in as many of these ideas as possible (with the proviso that some may be 'edited out' if we try to put in too much new material!). Here's what we have so far that we are adding to the mix:

Top 10 Attractions for Families and Thrill Seekers
Top 10 'Hidden Gems' of DLP
Best Places for romantic meal
Best Bars
More school holiday info
Disney hotel phone numbers
More on self-catering and holiday camp accommodation
Plus all the new stuff!

We are hoping to include some sample menus, but it is not possible at this stage to include trip reports or anything like that as they just take up too much space.

We're also slightly puzzled about the reference to the 'new' FastPass system. Is this something we have missed recently??

::MinnieMo Hi Simon

I only found out about this website by reading your book which I've borrowed so long from my local library that they think its mine :rotfl2:

I've taken some of your other tips on board and bought shares in the company to get other discounts and just wanted to thank you with your help with all my holiday planning

Angela :cheer2:

SimonV said:
We're also slightly puzzled about the reference to the 'new' FastPass system. Is this something we have missed recently??

Simon - I haven't yet used it but apparently you can now hold more than one Fastpass at a time (for different rides only, not 2 for the same ride at the same time) as opposed to having to wait till the window of your Fastpass opens before you can get another - as was the case I believe when the last edition of your book was published.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter