Budgeting food costs

Cups of water are free. Many places will give you a good sized cup. Depending on size of the portion, my husband and I can split QS meals (and we're not exactly small eaters!) I would do some recon around places you're interested in, and check out the portions and make a decision that way. :)

Reactions: EmJ
The Coke Freestyle machine across from Soarin

Is this still there? It was (temporarily?) removed or very well hidden in July when I went to buy a drink there and I don't see it listed on the app.

There are also Freestyle machines at Pym's Test Kitchen- they are just inside the sliding doors in each dining area. 2 machines per side.

I use $50/per person/per day, but we're a family of 7 and we've got 3 that are still under 10. I also don't count character meals or packages as part of my food budget - I budget those out of entertainment. Packages and character dining really increases your costs, so if you are considering those and want it part of your budget or add multiple TS meals, I'd definitely stick with $75 or even go higher.
I separated out Goofy’s Kitchen on our arrival day and did budget that separately as its own thing. Even if the dessert parties come back, we will pass due to our son being an early-to-bed-early-to-rise kid (good for rope drop!)

Last edited:
Is this still there? It was (temporarily?) removed or very well hidden in July when I went to buy a drink there and I don't see it listed on the app.

There are also Freestyle machines at Pym's Test Kitchen- they are just inside the sliding doors in each dining area. 2 machines per side.

I could have sworn I saw it last weekend, but I could be imagining things. Also, good call on PYMs. Forgot about that one!

I could have sworn I saw it last weekend, but I could be imagining things. Also, good call on PYMs. Forgot about that one!
The Freestyle machines across from Soarin’ were definitely there last weekend. I got a Lymonade Sprite Zero. (Side note, that flavor was discontinued in the US last year… so I’m not sure how recently the machines have been serviced 🤢, but they’re there!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter