Buena Vista Scooters?

shrinkydinky

Disney Dreamer
We are planning to rent scooters for my sister and i when we go to WDW in October. i have been looking at different scooter companies. Was leaning towards Apple until i saw a recent thread here with negative experiences. The place i'm leaning towards now is Buena Vista, and i was wondering what others have to say about this company. Anyone recently rent from them?

I rented offsite for the first time in November with Apple scooters and it was a horrible experience. So in January I gave Buena Vista a try and they were great! Scooter was in perfect condition, delivered to my resort before I arrived, dropped it off at bell services when I left. Battery power was fantastic. I had the portable scooter so could take it apart with my daughter's help and put it in the car to drive to the parks. I was so pleased that in May I rented from Buena Vista again and had a terrific experience just like in January. We have a big family trip planned in August and I already have my scooter reserved with Buena Vista! :)

We also had a good experience with Buena Vista Scooters. WE also rented the portable scooter, and rented a mini-van from National. We had no problems putting the scooter in the back of the mini-van without taking it apart. We didn't even have to charge it everyday. One night we just left it in the van. It was delivered to the Caribbean Beach, and we just dropped it off at the custom house the night before we took DME to the airport. Scooter was in great shape.

Another vote for Buena Vista. I used them for our trip 2 weeks ago. They delivered to the OKW before we arrived and I dropped it off with bell services when we left. Equipment was fine and never had a problem with the battery. They even provided a rain poncho If I got caught in a storm. A great experience overall.

I have rented ECV from Buena Vista several times, always an excellent, non-eventful experience.

Allears gives 10% discount, mention it in the reservation.

Buena Vista Scooters offers best-in-class ECV and mobility equipment
at competitive prices, with service that is second to none.

If you are interested in reserving an ECV, wheelchair, or any other mobility equipment for your next Disney visit
mention AllEars.Net and receive a 10% discount.
Visit us on the Web at http://www.buenavistascooters.com/ or call toll-free at 866.484.4797

Thanks so much for the input. Sounds all good. It's probably not too early to reserve for October, right? Also, thank you so much for the 10% off tip. That will leave more money for the Food and Wine Festival. :)

Annoyingly, you have to call for a quote. As I'm in the UK I've emailed them for one - and mentioned Allears while I'm at it!

In my experience, if no price is published on line they will not be cheap!!

Love the Allears 10% tip. Not too soon to call for October, I'm about ready to call for December. I prefer phone contact so I can discuss exact ECV needs - cane holder etc.

Okay, i just called Buena Vista Scooters. They have three scooters, a portable with a 300lb weight capacity, a standard with a 325lb weight capacity, and the Maxima with a 500lb weight capacity. Their price is $30/day for the portable or standard, then $40/day for the Maxima - with a two-day minimum. They offer damage waiver insurance for a one-time flat rate of $20 to cover anything that might happen in the park. They said the scooters on a full charge should be okay for 6-8 hours of continuous use. They will accept the 10% discount (on the price of the scooter rental, not the insurance) if you mention allears.net.

They said that reservations should be made at least 2-3 weeks in advance, and that the full price of the rental will need to be paid at that time.

That sounds reasonable to me.

That is the price I was quoted so with the 10% discount I paid $27 per day. I did choose to add the $20 insurance just in case anything got damaged, not because I'm not a good driver but in case someone else ran into me :rotfl2:

I have rented the portable scooter since I always have a car in FL so I drive to the parks usually and have the scooter to get from the parking lot to the actual park. I weigh about 135 lbs. and I have honestly gone three or more days without having to recharge, but I am very careful to shut the scooter off any time I stop, even if only for a minute or two. Also I am not touring park commando style, but often do put in 6-8 hours per day. I do always bring the charging cord with me to the parks (in the basket on the front of the scooter) just in case I need to plug in somewhere during the day. :)

I used them for my scooter rental a few weeks ago. Not a single problem. Battery lasted all day. One day I was out of the room at 6:45am and didn't get back till almost 10pm. Roamed all around DHS and the battery was still showing full.

Just remember to shut it off when your not using it and keep the key with you. They were great to deal with when I called with questions.

I used the standard scooter. Didn't need the portable since we didn't have a car and were staying on property.

Is the portable the only one that breaks down into pieces?
I thought I had read somewhere that the standard ones do as well. They are just bigger and heavier to deal with.

Well, they haven't come back to me with a quote!

The trouble with a flat daily fee is that it'll cost considerably more doing it that way. Most companies charge the higher rate up to 7 days, and then charge $10 or $15 per day over that. So, I have no idea how much a 14-day rental will be.

Luckily there's plenty of time for me to sort something out, as we're not going until 1st March.

I always call last time I rented from Apple I rented 2 scooters that weren't even listed on the web site they were an in between size and were a little less money

Well, I got my quote today. They offered me a 20% discount - but they're so very expensive that I won't be taking them up on their 'generous' offer!

They charge $25.52 a day (inc tax) but unlike the other companies who get to 7 days and then charge you a much lower dailly rate thereafter, BV charge the $25.52 for every single day. That means my quote was some $380 for the duration - and they counted the first and the last day and charged me for 15 days when in reality we don't get to the resort until after 7pm and will be handing the scooter back well before that time on our last day.

Now, while I don't mind paying a little extra for the peace of mind of hiring from a Disney-approved company, I'm not happy to pay over $140 more.

... Now, while I don't mind paying a little extra for the peace of mind of hiring from a Disney-approved company, I'm not happy to pay over $140 more.

Just to clarify...the 5 "featured" vendors are not necessarily superior to other vendors. Disney has entered contracts with the featured vendors, which allows them to utilize bell services for drop-off and return. I'm not sure they are "Disney-approved" in any other way than whatever terms of that contract -- which likely includes something like business hours and insurance. There are some highly-recommended ECV rentals that are not "featured." You may find a better price and/or better service with a different company.

Enjoy your vacation!

Just to clarify...the 5 "featured" vendors are not necessarily superior to other vendors. Disney has entered contracts with the featured vendors, which allows them to utilize bell services for drop-off and return. I'm not sure they are "Disney-approved" in any other way than whatever terms of that contract -- which likely includes something like business hours and insurance. There are some highly-recommended ECV rentals that are not "featured." You may find a better price and/or better service with a different company.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks for confirming what I think I already knew! The problem is finding someone I can trust. Having had such a terrible experience with Sun Mobility this year I'm naturally wary about anyone who seems too cheap.

The major problem is that a lot of companies effectively close at 6pm so the chance of an evening delivery after we've arrived at our resort (which is unlikely to be before 7.00 - 7.30pm) and only the Disney-affiliated companies will leave a scooter at bell services (or should that be, they're the only ones allowed to do so).

I've had a great quote from Yellow Scooters and also Scootaround - but there aren't enough unbiased reviews for me to make a considered decision. Apple seem to be praised to the skys on one page, and then flamed on another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter