Buena Vista Scooters?

The major problem is that a lot of companies effectively close at 6pm so the chance of an evening delivery after we've arrived at our resort (which is unlikely to be before 7.00 - 7.30pm) and only the Disney-affiliated companies will leave a scooter at bell services (or should that be, they're the only ones allowed to do so).

The correct info about leaving at bell services is that the affiliated vendors are the only ones allowed to leave their scooters at bell services. Before WDW started the affiliate program, any vendor could do so and, afaik, Randys was the only one that required customers to meet for delivery/return. I think the number of off-site rental scooters, wheelchairs, strollers, and other equipment just got to be too large for bell services to really handle.

The reviews I've seen of Yellow Scooters have pretty much all been positive. I once rented a powerchair from Scootaround in San Francisco. They were fine to deal with, but after having dealt with an Orlando-area vendor, the fact that I never talked to a person actually in San Francisco or even CA was a bit off-putting. (In Orlando, I've used Apple, but about 3 years ago. I won't rent from them next time I make it to WDW because of both the reports of declining quality and their recent-ish policy regarding discounts for posting positive reviews on this board.) If I could use a scooter, personally, I'd rent from Yellow if prices were pretty close to equivalent or cheaper than Scootaround. As I need a powerchair, it doesn't look like that will be possible (my choices are Scootaround & Buena Vista out of the affiliated vendors).

If you haven't already and the prices are really comparable, I'd go back and look at reviews based on date. While there's no way to guarantee a good experience with any vendor, the more recent reviews are likely to give you the best prediction of a typical experience.

Last year, due to the reviews on this board, I rented from Apple for my mom.
In the past, we had rented from Walker Mobility but they no longer can drop off at Disney hotels (we had only great experiences with them).
I was unhappy with Apple. I thought the scooter was not that clean and when my mom would stop, it would always go a few extra inches, which was really not good when getting on/off busss, stopping in foot traffic, etc.

I am going to read around and see what everyone is booking these days since we have an 8 night trip in September. We are staying at GFV if anyone has any suggestions, I would also like to hear them.

I cannot find the thread or link to where the scooter rentals are approved for drop off with Bell Services.
Can anyone please post.

Thank you OP I will also be checking out BV.

... In the past, we had rented from Walker Mobility but they no longer can drop off at Disney hotels (we had only great experiences with them). ...
I cannot find the thread or link to where the scooter rentals are approved for drop off with Bell Services. ...

Keep in mind, also, that you are not restricted to the "featured" vendors list. If you choose to rent from a non-featured vendor, they will make arrangements to meet you personally for drop-off and pick-up. There are some highly recommended vendors who are not "featured" vendors.

Enjoy your vacation!

...In the past, we had rented from Walker Mobility but they no longer can drop off at Disney hotels (we had only great experiences with them)...I was unhappy with Apple. I thought the scooter was not that clean and when my mom would stop, it would always go a few extra inches, which was really not good when getting on/off busss, stopping in foot traffic, etc...

Thanks for confirming what I think I already knew! The problem is finding someone I can trust...Having had such a terrible experience with Sun Mobility this year I'm naturally wary about anyone who seems too cheap. The major problem is that a lot of companies effectively close at 6pm so the chance of an evening delivery after we've arrived at our resort (which is unlikely to be before 7.00 - 7.30pm) and only the Disney-affiliated companies will leave a scooter at bell services (or should that be, they're the only ones allowed to do so).
I've used Walker Mobility on our last 3 trips, and have a scooter reserved with them for our trip coming up in Sept/Oct. Even though they aren't one of Disney's "preferred providers", they are allowed to bring your scooter to your resort. The difference is that you have to be there to meet them to pick it up from them. In the 'old days', they would just leave it with Bell Services at the resort and you would pick it up from them rather than directly from the Walker Mobility representative. Our Walker delivery person is coming in the evening on the day we arrive between 7 - 8 (I think - I'd have to look at my spreadsheet to be sure!). Then they are picking it up on the morning we leave around 9 am. For me, this is no big deal considering the difference in price and the great service they've always given me.

And, my scooter this year is PINK!!! :moped:

I've used Walker for 8+ years and never had a problem...Walker always has the best price and the scooters are always top notch! They also have techs on Disney property all day and pick up/deliver 7am-9pm 365 days a year. Highly recommend Walker.
Just my 2 cents...
I've used Walker Mobility on our last 3 trips, and have a scooter reserved with them for our trip coming up in Sept/Oct. Even though they aren't one of Disney's "preferred providers", they are allowed to bring your scooter to your resort. The difference is that you have to be there to meet them to pick it up from them. In the 'old days', they would just leave it with Bell Services at the resort and you would pick it up from them rather than directly from the Walker Mobility representative. Our Walker delivery person is coming in the evening on the day we arrive between 7 - 8 (I think - I'd have to look at my spreadsheet to be sure!). Then they are picking it up on the morning we leave around 9 am. For me, this is no big deal considering the difference in price and the great service they've always given me.

And, my scooter this year is PINK!!! :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter