Buena Vista vs Best Price Mobility

TIGGERLUV

Goofy Tigger
I have narrowed it down to these 2 companies to rent an ECV from. I need to use a Disney preferred company to be able to have them drop off & pick up the ECV without me having to be there. Does anyone have any info on these two companies? :confused3

I always recommend Walker Mobility because of their great service, long battery life, terrific people, and my always excellent experiences with them. I've used them for all my trips since 2007 and have only had one problem (caused by user error) and they took care of it within the hour (without making said user feel like an idiot, LOL!). I can't recommend them highly enough. :thumbsup2 They can meet you any time from early am to late evening, so perhaps you could work something out to meet them?

I always recommend Walker Mobility because of their great service, long battery life, terrific people, and my always excellent experiences with them. I've used them for all my trips since 2007 and have only had one problem (caused by user error) and they took care of it within the hour (without making said user feel like an idiot, LOL!). I can't recommend them highly enough. :thumbsup2 They can meet you any time from early am to late evening, so perhaps you could work something out to meet them?

Thanks for the info!

We used Best Price a couple of months back, and it went fine. Scooter was waiting for us at the Boardwalk, and was in good working order. Charged overnight, and lasted all day without problem.

I tried to contact Buena Vista by phone several times to get a quote as well before the trip, but was never able to get through. This made me concerned about what would happen if there were to be an issue in the park....

We used Best Price a couple of months back, and it went fine. Scooter was waiting for us at the Boardwalk, and was in good working order. Charged overnight, and lasted all day without problem.

I tried to contact Buena Vista by phone several times to get a quote as well before the trip, but was never able to get through. This made me concerned about what would happen if there were to be an issue in the park....

Thanks! I did like the customer service I got from Best Price today better than what I got from Buena Vista when getting pricing info today.

I do not think they are a disney featured vendor. I think that means try can not deliver to Disney resorts.

I do not think they are a disney featured vendor. I think that means try can not deliver to Disney resorts.
Many of the reliable companies with good recommendations from multiple DISers opted to not pay Disney's fee to be able to use Bell Services as an exchange point. The ones that did are now known as featured, no longer preferred, vendors. Walker, Randy's, Scooterama... need to meet the customer at both ends of the rental. I do understand some renters dont want to or can't do this.

Just don't want anyone thinking the companies that do pay the fee are superior.

Just don't want anyone thinking the companies that do pay the fee are superior.

Sorry, I was not implying one is better than another. I really just had to do some quick research due to a recent issue. Just knowing that not all companies can operate the same for disney resorts.

If you are staying on property is dies not really even come into play.

I'm a bit peeved that for the second year running I've got to wait in the room on our first day for the scooter to be delivered as we don't get to the resort until a couple of hours after the scooter company has stopped delivering for the day. However, I'm paying $215 for 14 days' hire against Buena Vista's quote - including a 20% discount - of around $385. It's such a difference in price I'm quite happy to lose an hour or so on our first morning!

I'm a bit peeved that for the second year running I've got to wait in the room on our first day for the scooter to be delivered as we don't get to the resort until a couple of hours after the scooter company has stopped delivering for the day. However, I'm paying $215 for 14 days' hire against Buena Vista's quote - including a 20% discount - of around $385. It's such a difference in price I'm quite happy to lose an hour or so on our first morning!

So which company did you rent from?

Sorry, I was not implying one is better than another. I really just had to do some quick research due to a recent issue. Just knowing that not all companies can operate the same for disney resorts.

If you are staying on property is dies not really even come into play.
Oh, no, I know you weren't implying anything! Disney originally called them "preferred" but I think changed the designation to "featured" to avoid the impression that these companies are better than the others.

So which company did you rent from?

Florida Mobility Rentals. I started off doing a live web chat as I didn't understand their pricing policy - basically they are more expensive for the first 4 days, the price drops for the next 4, and then drops again for longer rentals. This is why it's only $215 for the 14 days. It'll ony be a further $29.99 insurance if I want to add that nearer the time.

But the other reason I went with them was that the woman I was web chatting with offered to ring me - remember, I'm in the UK - and we actually chatted for 50 minutes! I liked what I heard so I booked with them.

After a bad experience this year with Sun Mobility, I decided the after sales care and customer service was more important at the end of the day.

Florida Mobility Rentals. I started off doing a live web chat as I didn't understand their pricing policy - basically they are more expensive for the first 4 days, the price drops for the next 4, and then drops again for longer rentals. This is why it's only $215 for the 14 days. It'll ony be a further $29.99 insurance if I want to add that nearer the time.

But the other reason I went with them was that the woman I was web chatting with offered to ring me - remember, I'm in the UK - and we actually chatted for 50 minutes! I liked what I heard so I booked with them.

After a bad experience this year with Sun Mobility, I decided the after sales care and customer service was more important at the end of the day.

I agree with you that customer service can mean everything and you don't see good customer much any more.

I just wanted to clarify what this means for anyone who might read this thread and is confused. Featured vendors for ECVs/scooters can leave the ECV with Bell Services at your Disney Resort. You don't have to be there for this to happen, so when you arrive to check in, your scooter is there waiting for you. Up until a couple of years ago, ALL vendors could do this, but Disney changed the rules and now only the "Featured" vendors are allowed this convenience for guests.

Now the non-featured providers are still allowed to deliver to the Disney resorts, but they must meet the resort guest to deliver the ECV/scooter personally. They cannot just leave it at Bell Services as they did in the past. It is much less convenient for both the guest and the ECV company. The companies chosen as Featured Vendors by Disney, however, are not companies that I choose to do business with, however, so I rent from a non-featured vendor (Walker Mobility). One of the featured vendors has a reputation for terrible scooters, one for terrible customer service, and one I know nothing about. Walker has great scooters, terrific service, good caring people - everything I want in a company. I've used them for all the trips where I rented an off-site ECV. It's worth the hassle. I do wish they were a featured vendor, though.

We ended up needing a last minute ECV on our last trip, due to me injuring my knee and honestly, I wouldn't touch Buena Vista Scooters with a 50 foot pole after how rude they were.

Best Price couldn't have been nicer, we weren't even at our resort and they delivered it to where we were so we didn't have to go back and didn't make us wait until one of their scheduled delivery times (with Buena Vista Scooters, they only deliver once per day and you pay for the full day they deliver, no matter what time it is).

Best Price is one of the "featured" vendors that can leave with Bell Services. On our trip in late September, the two scooters we ordered were waiting for us at bell services, and it certainly was convenient to leave them there at the end of our trip as well without having to make an appointment. Highly recommended!

We used apple for years but their service has been lacking lately so we tried Yellow Scooters (staying off site so being preferred was not an issue) and their ECVs were not in the best of shape although they are the cheapest.

We tried Best Price in August and we really liked their service and the ECVs were in great shape. I would rent from them without any qualms.

We are trying Buena Vista in January and I found them much harder to get a hold off and book than Best Price and they had the wrong dates initially as well (even though this was all done in e-mail so it was written down). We did want to give them a chance to try all the preferred vendors. I just got back yesterday (did not rent off site) and the room next to ours had a Buena Vista ECV and they looked in good shape and I asked them and said they were happy with the service so we shall see....

We used apple for years but their service has been lacking lately so we tried Yellow Scooters (staying off site so being preferred was not an issue) and their ECVs were not in the best of shape although they are the cheapest.

We tried Best Price in August and we really liked their service and the ECVs were in great shape. I would rent from them without any qualms.

We are trying Buena Vista in January and I found them much harder to get a hold off and book than Best Price and they had the wrong dates initially as well (even though this was all done in e-mail so it was written down). We did want to give them a chance to try all the preferred vendors. I just got back yesterday (did not rent off site) and the room next to ours had a Buena Vista ECV and they looked in good shape and I asked them and said they were happy with the service so we shall see....

Thank you so much for the information. I am going to try Best Price. I really liked there customer service & being so informative. I also had to try several times to get to talk to Buena Vista to get a quote.

I hope you have a great vacation in January! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter