Bus times now available in My Disney Experience!

Did they mention how it will work period? Do you have to be on site for the feature to show up? Or use the ticket first?
For instance, I have a ticket right now but there is no way I could take it and turn it in to an AP, that I can find at least. But I have neither used it nor am I on site.
OKW has a boat to DS, but they also have busses.

The ticket has to be used at least once - nothing to do with price, but to remove the "Reassign Ticket" feature to prevent someone upgrading the ticket to an AP and then transferring it to someone else. No need to be on site that I'm aware of - the point, really, is for Florida residents who come for a day, go home to Miami, and then decide they really wanted to upgrade but no way are they driving back to Orlando within 14 days just for that.
Makes sense.

Ok well that was fun while it lasted. All afternoon/ night it would only say “every 20 minutes” for us. For every park. All the time. Even when the bus board has a time.
Same for us - I thought it was me, not knowing how to use the app. Glad (I guess) that I'm not alone.

Are you talking about the message you got when you first did the update that pointed out the new changes? That was there for everyone? Or did you get a different message than that?

I remembered that I hadn't used the new version on my iPad so I could see the message about the update changes on it.
The message says
"Apply the cost of your ticket to an Annual Pass
Upgrade before or on the last valid day of your ticket to keep going in the parks all year long...."

Because it mentions specifically about upgrading before your last day, I wonder even more now if it will only offer this after you've used the ticket at least once

That, or like the bus wait times, is it coded to see when you are on property and only comes up as a choice then.
Honestly, I can't remember! I was just freaking out a bit because we just changed our resort reservation the previous night and I was a bit afraid they had messed it up and didn't show us as AP members, lol. We decided to upgrade to a deluxe resort--and we are less than 30 days out so that always makes me nervous! I have everything planned down to the last detail, ha ha. I just recall seeing an offer to get an annual pass--and then realizing I wasn't signed in. I have not seen the bus times yet--but didn't look that hard. I so hope this feature is working, as that will be a wonderful enhancement!

Buses get redirected all the time even when there are no attendants there. I've had it happen right in front of me at a stop. Bus pulled in, driver gets call to change route and leaves without picking us up

But no problem you don't have to agree :)
Yep. We had this happen 3 times in March at AS Sports. One changed from Epcot to AK as it pulled toward the stop and the other two drove right by us without stopping.

Ok well that was fun while it lasted. All afternoon/ night it would only say “every 20 minutes” for us. For every park. All the time. Even when the bus board has a time.

Oh geez. I hope that it improves for you today. We are arriving on Friday and would love this feature. If it is actually working....

Oh geez. I hope that it improves for you today. We are arriving on Friday and would love this feature. If it is actually working....

Agree.

We won't arrive until March 2019. Hope it doesn't take that long for things to get worked out...

Same for us - I thought it was me, not knowing how to use the app. Glad (I guess) that I'm not alone.
Yep same for us today and yesterday. It only worked for one day, the first day! They’re also “advertising” it on the in room TV stations so they should probably get this glitch fixed up or pull it.

I believe that applies to resorts that have other transportation, such as at BWI to get to Epcot, it would show Boat, or at GF, to get to MK it would show Monorail or Boat.
OKW shouldn't have any other options

How many times have you looked? It is possible there are no buses scheduled to the stop you are checking at this moment. Though unlikely. Check again in 5 min maybe?

Well it didn’t have the boat option listed for DS either, and it didn’t change for me for the several times I checked throughout the day. We are on our way home today so I can’t check any longer.

Well it didn’t have the boat option listed for DS either, and it didn’t change for me for the several times I checked throughout the day. We are on our way home today so I can’t check any longer.
That’s kind of amusing (not showing OKW times) since OKW was the example Disney Parks blog promoted.

Do me a favor, if you would, and tag me in a post about it or message me if you do try it. CM training on the in-app upgrades to AP did not tell us whether or not the price bridging would be automatically applied, and I'm curious.

Hi @ravenclawtrekkie - I believe that bridging does work when upgrading an annual pass in the app! Here is what it looks like from a 10-day park Hopper Plus that I bought on Undercover Tourist:
apupgrade temp.gif

Last edited:

This just happened to us too. This new feature was available for the last 4 days of our trip. It was pointless.

I hope they fix it to real time matching the bus board.

Are the wait times working any better?

In my experience, the wait time boards and app page are both in sync and working pretty well. Once a bus departs, the time does sometimes change to “20 minutes” but as soon as a bus is on its way it changes to a more specific estimate. There are CMs manually radioing for busses during busy periods so they can make spur of the moment adjustments. Overall I have not encountered any real bus problems so far on this trip.

In my experience, the wait time boards and app page are both in sync and working pretty well. Once a bus departs, the time does sometimes change to “20 minutes” but as soon as a bus is on its way it changes to a more specific estimate. There are CMs manually radioing for busses during busy periods so they can make spur of the moment adjustments. Overall I have not encountered any real bus problems so far on this trip.
That's good to hear.

Were you able to do this before you used the ticket or once you started to you this? I wanted to do this before I arrive.

I wasn't able to do this until I actually entered a park for the first time. Then, the "reassign ticket" button is greyed out and the upsell message appears below where you can view your ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter