But Rhett! Where Shall I Go? What Shall I do? Frankly, m'dear... a MAY 2010 PTR

JoBird

<font color=7570ff>Proud Charter Member of the Tag
Okay, so here we are. And obviously, Rhett does indeed give a dang b/c we're going to the POLY for vacation!! (More on that later)

:banana:Welcome to my Epic, Gone With The Money, MAY 2010 PRE trip report!! :banana:

I say "Epic" b/c the mere definition of Epic is the following--"of unusually great size or extent".

And since I'm Southern by birth and a writer not by trade but for the heck of it--- this shall indeed be of unusally great extent. I mean come on- I have more than three months to fill here before we leave!

Hello to old friends (not saying you're old in age- just that um, we're old friends--- I know you're all 29!;)) and to um, well, alllll those people I don't know yet. Friends. How. I come in Peace. And all that snazzy junk.

First off A special shout out to the peeps who have made me do this PTR- mainly SHELLY;), Drakes, RF, MNDisneyGirl, the MAYers and a few others who I cannot think of at this time. Sorry if I didn't give you props. PM me- I'll put ya right on in there.:rotfl:

Soooooo now that all of that hoopla is over and done with, let's begin.

The cast of thousands in this epic tale, that you need to be aware of:

~My DH -aka "Rhett" in the title, aka Mighty Good Man from Trip reports past, aka Daddy Warbucks, aka MARK. He works hard for the money, so hard for it honey--- so that I can spend it freely and without reservation. He WILL be along for the trip, b/c well, he's got the money.:banana:

~My Kids-- (who will NOT be on this trip, they don't know about it yet and I'm trying ever so hard to keep it on the QT so as not to incur their wrath)---

-MCat- 14 yrs old and already a darn good Lawyer. She plans on attending the University of Florida where she will earn her law degree and go on to prosecute criminals to the fullest extent of the law. I hope she doesn't begin practicing her first case on me for not taking her on this trip. YIKES.

-Drew- he's my little man, age 10- also hoping to one day make a mark on this world by attending- you guessed it The University of Florida where he will become the Worlds greatest Heart Surgeon, or Orthopaedic Surgeon. Hasn't made his mind up yet. Which is possibly a great thing since once the BABY of the family finds out we're going to the Mouse's House without her -- I MAY need a heart surgeon, or a bone doctor. Or maybe both.

-Which leads us to said "Baby"- StinkerBelle aka - just plain Belle. She's a Red head and yes, what they say is true about their tempers. We usually let her have her way so that no one gets hurt. It's better that way- trust me. She may have a meltdown when she hears about this trip.
She is 7 but thinks she's already an adult.

And with those quick introductions out of the way- I'm left with introducing myself...and the dog.

I'm Jo, I'm a SAHM and this will be my "Idon'tknowhowmanytimesI'vebeentoDisney" trip. Somewhere in the twenty-eth range, I suppose, including my first trip in 1974 that was a disaster when I was two and remember it as clear as day. You shall hear of it later, because every trip, I am trying ever so hard to have a re-do, to make up for that first time. You never forget your first time. Mine was awful and I am scarred for life.

And last but not least- our dog, Beau Gator the Bulldog- yes, named after our Beloved Gators and Beau- for General Beauregard who started the Civil War. (Told you I was Southern).
;)
He is a big, slobbering mess of a dog but we love him and will keep him around for a while longer.

So that's us.

I'll post pics in my next post.
But for now, supper awaits for me to cook.

Hold on a second.
Where's my maid.........? Surely I am a Princess??????

WAIT........YOU MEAN I'M NOT???????? You mean I'M responsible for all of this--- stuff?

Oh however will I cope?

;)

Until tomorrow---
Jo

I'm here!! :yay:

Great start! I'm so excited to hear more. :cool1: YAY for MAY and YAY for the POLY!!

So glad you started a PTR! :goodvibes

I love your title! and oh boy, do I love your dog's name :)

Can't wait to hear more!

WOW! What a what way to start PTR!

I felt like being shot out of canon at the circus after reading it! :lmao:

Now where's my popcorn...oh -there it is! popcorn::

Sea :snooty::cool1:

Well, well!

popcorn:: Pass me some popcorn, excedrin and a sweet tea and I'm in.

(That's MAYer code talk. I wonder if Jo can decipher it!)

:goodvibes

I'm here Jo! :yay:So glad you started this, Poly is most likely out next stay, so I am definitely here to learn from your experience!

When I read about Beau I ha a little giggle about the luggage story :laughing:

Grabbin the snacks popcorn::

I'm going to enjoy this ride ;)!!!!!!

I cracked up about little Belle and her red headed fury. :laughing: My DD has brown hair but perhaps she should have been a red head. She's got the temper for sure!

Can't wait for more! :banana:

I told you I'd read it!! I never lie!!! Love your title and your descriptions of your kids!! :laughing:

popcorn:: I'm ready.

Hey Jo,

I followed you over from Shelley's trip report.

I love your introductions and, yes, I do think that you'll need either a lawyer or a doctor or both when your kids find out you're going to Disney without 'em. :eek:

Lisa

Hi Jo! Thanks to Shelly, I'm also reading. And I agree with Seacrest - we'd better buckle up, cuz this is gonna be a wild ride! How could you have ever questioned doing a PTR? You are a natural at this. :thumbsup2 Heck, you could give PTR lessons! And what a great title!

Love your family introductions. I am partial to Drew's, since I have a Drew of my own, and he is a sweetheart at 22 even though he makes me :crazy2: sometimes. I'm sure all your kids will be supportive of a Mom&DadOnly trip, as long as there is another trip in their near future!

So.....I was enjoying the whole story.....until I got to the part where you said your first Disney trip was in 1974, when you were 2 years old. I realized you were born when I was in high school. :eek: But I'll try to forget that I read that part! :laughing:

Looking forward to more!

YAY! I have readers!!:surfweb:

I'm in... :surfweb:
Hello to my very first reader and welcome, welcome. You are also my very first "I don't know you yet" friend!:flower3: Please stay and join us.

I'm here!! :yay:

Great start! I'm so excited to hear more. :cool1: YAY for MAY and YAY for the POLY!!

So glad you started a PTR! :goodvibes
Ahhhhhh-- and so the pusher arrives. Or Pushee. Choose your poison. Glad you're here, bud.:hug:

I love your title! and oh boy, do I love your dog's name :)

Can't wait to hear more!

Awww, thanks. And welcome to my next "I don't know you yet" friend! :flower3: Seeing how I have read Gone with the Wind a few times and seen the movie hundreds of times, it was a natural fit. And Beau Gator the Bulldog? Yeah- you'll hear all about that crazy mutt.:) Thanks for reading!

Hello!popcorn:: My third "I don't know you yet" friend.:flower3: Welcome!

WOW! What a what way to start PTR!

I felt like being shot out of canon at the circus after reading it! :lmao:

Now where's my popcorn...oh -there it is! popcorn::

Sea :snooty::cool1:
Now Sea... tsk tsk. You couldn't POSSIBLY have been shot out of your cannon YET. You don't have the cape OR the tights to do such a thing.:lmao: Thanks for coming to visit. Come back often. We'll be here.:snooty:

Well, well!

popcorn:: Pass me some popcorn, excedrin and a sweet tea and I'm in.

(That's MAYer code talk. I wonder if Jo can decipher it!)

:goodvibes
Well I see the Southern Belles have arrived. WELCOME!:goodvibes Do sit down dear, don't exhaust yourself needlessly.
oh yeah-- and you just KNOW I had two excedrin before writing it.;) Bonus... there was coke in the house!;)

I'm here Jo! :yay:So glad you started this, Poly is most likely out next stay, so I am definitely here to learn from your experience!

When I read about Beau I ha a little giggle about the luggage story :laughing:

Grabbin the snacks popcorn::

I'm going to enjoy this ride ;)!!!!!!
Ahhh- welcome to one of the other ones who said I should write this! :goodvibes So glad you're here. And wow- I can't believe you remember the luggage story! I shall give everyone a rundown of that funny, cautionary tale in awhile.
And hey- don't you have a trip to pack for or something??:rolleyes1

I cracked up about little Belle and her red headed fury. :laughing: My DD has brown hair but perhaps she should have been a red head. She's got the temper for sure!

Can't wait for more! :banana:
Hi Kim! Welcome!! I'm excited for your trip for you! :banana: I know it's going to be wonderful! And yes- the red head. That's what we call her a lot. Her hair is an auburn color that turns goldish in the sun. Fiery, like her temper. Sweet about your baby with the temper too. Makes you want to hug and choke them all at once. Thanks for reading along.

I'm here!!! ;)
oooh so glad to have you here, another one of my I don't know you yet, friends!:flower3:
NewCrew, above, is handing out Excedrin. You may want to ask for a few.:dance3:
Thanks for reading along!

I told you I'd read it!! I never lie!!! Love your title and your descriptions of your kids!! :laughing:

popcorn:: I'm ready.
welll welcome to you then!:lmao: I know you'd never ever lie.... wait... aren't you a lawyer????? Kidding. I'm kidding. I bet you hear that all the time. ;) Glad you're here.

Hey Jo,

I followed you over from Shelley's trip report.

I love your introductions and, yes, I do think that you'll need either a lawyer or a doctor or both when your kids find out you're going to Disney without 'em. :eek:

Lisa

Welcome!!! Glad you're along!:flower3:
I know- I'm totally terrified of them finding out. I'll just have to tell them and then hand each of them a $50. That oughta' do it. Paying people off always works--- doesn't it??????
:laughing:

Hi Jo! Thanks to Shelly, I'm also reading. And I agree with Seacrest - we'd better buckle up, cuz this is gonna be a wild ride! How could you have ever questioned doing a PTR? You are a natural at this. :thumbsup2 Heck, you could give PTR lessons! And what a great title!

Love your family introductions. I am partial to Drew's, since I have a Drew of my own, and he is a sweetheart at 22 even though he makes me :crazy2: sometimes. I'm sure all your kids will be supportive of a Mom&DadOnly trip, as long as there is another trip in their near future!

So.....I was enjoying the whole story.....until I got to the part where you said your first Disney trip was in 1974, when you were 2 years old. I realized you were born when I was in high school. :eek: But I'll try to forget that I read that part! :laughing:

Looking forward to more!

Hi JANE!!!!!!!:goodvibes Glad to have you here!
I remember us talking about our DrewBoy's:goodvibes once before. Awwww, precious- when they aren't being stinky.:rotfl:
And the 2 years old in 1974 comment--- disregard that. Whatever year I'd have to be born in to make me 29---THAT"s the year I was born. I'm too lazy right now to add it up.:rolleyes1 You can steal my idea.;) I believe in my heart of hearts that ALL women are 29.
It just makes life more better that way.:banana:

I'll be back soon with an update and pictures for all of you guys.:wizard: Hope you all have a fantasic day!

What can I say - I have a good memory - and your stories about Beau made me laugh so hard I had tears - I really needed that story that day! And it still makes me giggle.

We love Bulldogs, however we have 2 toy poodles (non shedding dogs). Our first toy we got a year ago is named Teddy and our second who we got about 5 months ago is another Beauregard (Beau for short). Beau actually had an accident next to my packing this morning :laughing: - thank god it wasn't on it!

I am excited to hear more from you, because I truly appreciate your sense of humor, thank you for sharing Jo.:goodvibes (I'm a Jo too! )

popcorn::

So, now that all of the rugrats, er, precious darlings are off to school, I can write with reckless abandon.

Let's see- what can we talk about today?

Oh yes, let's start with this- a little picture of the happy couple:

076-1.jpg

Please excuse the puffiness. That was last year, at Disneyland. We had Jetlag and of course since it was my first day ever in Walt's original park----- I'd been crying.:cloud9: C'mon, admit it-- you cry at the parks too. We've all seen ya standing there all weepy eyed.:cloud9:

So how about a little background of past trips and how this trip came to be?

Everyone got their Excedrin?????popcorn:: Please don't take it on an empty stomach. I don't want you to get an ulcer. Then I'd be known as The Chick Who's PTR Who Made You Sick.

Here we go!

Resorts we have stayed in so far:
~POP
~POFQ
~ASMu
~CBR
~Three offsite timeshare condos thanks to my FIL, including:
----Orbit One (which we call Orbit Scum for reasons that shall remain unnamed at the present time), Orange Lake, and Summer Bay resort (for our Honeymoon).

~The other trips were taken at various stages of my childhood and I can't remember where we stayed but it was never on site. I do know one of them was the Holiday Inn Maingate- but wow that was forever ago.

~And in Disneyland we stayed at the Fairfield Inn, across the street.

Last year my DH had business to do in Laguna Beach California and seeing how I'd never been to the West Coast, he decided I needed to go along. Only he surprised me with a side trip to Disneyland the weekend before the meeting. Wasn't that sweet of him?

The last time we were in Walt Disney World was in October of 2008 for ten days- for Halloween and MNSSHP!
The kiddos all decked out...

DSC01429.jpg

That year we stayed at CBR. We had originally planned on staying at POFQ and had reservations, until a great pin code came floating my way- that couldn't be used there and I had a huge decision to make. My Favorite resort up to that point had been POFQ- we had stayed there in 2007 and loved it.
So I did what any good Disney loving vacation planner does when faced with a crisis that is of vast proportions. I wailed and gnashed my teeth and then asked my DIS friends what to do. (Do you see a pattern here that coincides with the title???;))

Shelly, aka Momof2Disneyboys, who has been my friend now for three years thanks to the power of the MAYer thread:snooty:, insisted that I would love CBR and to just give it a try. So, I closed my eyes and jumped. And in the process, saved $1100.

She was right!! CBR was wonderful!!! I highly recommend it to everyone. We were in Aruba, which is a great location. Just over the bridge from goodies, treats, candy, the pool- oh yeah, and coffee. Which is highly important to this family, regardless of if it's Nescafe-nasty.

Some pics--
It rained our first day--
DSC01115.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

But that didn't stop us from having a wonderful time.

Fast forward to this past year, 2009.
Like I said, DH had a meeting in Laguna and as a side trip, we went to Disneyland.
It was so cute and Quaint and all around adorable.

However, after being there for only a day, DH turns to me and says, "It doesn't feel like we've even been to Disney yet this year".
Disney World to him is Epcot and lots of it. So with great sadness in my heart, I pledged to find a way for us to get to Walt Disney World in the next twelve months.

Some Disneyland Pics-
396.jpg

397.jpg

400.jpg

447.jpg

445.jpg

501.jpg

502.jpg

508.jpg

My, what big ears you have!
182.jpg

568.jpg

I have more DL pics- if anyone's interested, just ask and I'll post them.

So just how did this new MAY trip evolve?
Well, with scheming and praying and hoping.

Oh yeah, and pixie dust in the form of a Pincode, of course!

Up Next...
December 5, 2009 a day that shall ever live in Trip Planning infamy in my mind.
:cloud9:

What can I say - I have a good memory - and your stories about Beau made me laugh so hard I had tears - I really needed that story that day! And it still makes me giggle.

We love Bulldogs, however we have 2 toy poodles (non shedding dogs). Our first toy we got a year ago is named Teddy and our second who we got about 5 months ago is another Beauregard (Beau for short). Beau actually had an accident next to my packing this morning :laughing: - thank god it wasn't on it!

I am excited to hear more from you, because I truly appreciate your sense of humor, thank you for sharing Jo.:goodvibes (I'm a Jo too! )

popcorn::

Ahhhh, yes, well, that WAS a good story about BeauGator in the Luggage. Once DH got over the initial shock of it, he laughed about it too. I sort of feared the dog catcher might be called after that one!:laughing:
Yikes-- better keep your luggage closed so that your Beau doesn't... you know.;):lmao:

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Hi and welcome to my PTR! Hope you enjoy the ride.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter