buying a 25 point add on

problem with doing points for once every three years is that if you have to cancel your trip -- you're losing out on three years' worth of points.

true. that would be a gamble. Ill stick with BLT. by stalking the rat i just got boardwalk studio with boardwalk view for 5 nights in the 2nd week of december. oh yeah

Why not get 25 points as I did and use one time lease points if needed?
Bc those one time use points can only be used at 7 months. So if you're buying 25 points at BCV for F&W, using 24 OTU points won't help you since nothing will be left at 7 months.

If you plan to always use the OTU points, then there's ZERO benefit to having 25 points at a stand alone resort since you won't be booking during home resort advantage

Last edited:
Very true, I didn't think of that. I plan to bank every other year and I only stay in studios, 25 points is perfect.

Very true, I didn't think of that. I plan to bank every other year and I only stay in studios, 25 points is perfect.
This is workable for every 2 years, it gets to be a gamble for every 3 years and likely not one worth taking for most people.

I tried to buy 30 BLT June UY in April/May of this year. I was hoping to get 2016 points, but they didn't have any June UY at the time. I was put on the wait list. I ended up getting the points in early June. So I missed out on getting the 2016 points.

So how does it work when buying direct in terms of the contract being loaded with points? Lets say I was looking to buy a direct 25 point add on at AKL in the next 4-5 months or so with an April use year. The contract would have 2018 points and points coming for 2019, but would there be 2017 points as well? Thanks, Greg

So how does it work when buying direct in terms of the contract being loaded with points? Lets say I was looking to buy a direct 25 point add on at AKL in the next 4-5 months or so with an April use year. The contract would have 2018 points and points coming for 2019, but would there be 2017 points as well? Thanks, Greg

You get what you pay for. If you buy in your 2017 UY, you get 2017 points. If you had bought in March 2017, you would have started with 2016 UY points.

:earsboy: Bill

im really debating on doing a 30 point add on at Boardwalk to guarantee a stay there every 3 years. Or do you think i should stick with all my points at BLT?
If you already own BLT resale, I would do the add on at BLT - for a lot of the reasons above. But also because if you "add on" at BWV, it is considered a new contract and they may have a higher (50?) point minimum to "add on." That said, if 100 points works for an every other year trip, then it might be worth it.

Just wondering how much would be saved buying resale compared to direct? It looks like the closing costs are cheaper direct.

That was probably the 25 point resale contract that we were trying to get and Disney decided to buy during ROFR lol

Currently on the waitlist for a small add on at Boulder Ridge, August Use Year. Anyone have any luck or info on any points opening up?

If you already own BLT resale, I would do the add on at BLT - for a lot of the reasons above. But also because if you "add on" at BWV, it is considered a new contract and they may have a higher (50?) point minimum to "add on." That said, if 100 points works for an every other year trip, then it might be worth it.

Not true -- so long as it is same UY -- you can add-on at a separate resort for 25 points.

Just wondering how much would be saved buying resale compared to direct? It looks like the closing costs are cheaper direct.

That was probably the 25 point resale contract that we were trying to get and Disney decided to buy during ROFR lol

If you are looking at buying 50 points or less -- I would recommend buying direct (especially if you do not already have member benefits). The lower closing costs significantly close the gap -- plus resale contracts are priced extremely high right now. There is almost no savings buying resale for these small contracts (not to mention there aren't a lot floating around).

As noted, it doesn't have to be at the same resort to be considered an add on though there are some other qualifications. Normally it has to be titled the same and the same UY but there are examples of exceptions, esp the same UY. CCV is apparently a 50 pt minimum and I think one should expect that trend to continue.

If you are looking at buying 50 points or less -- I would recommend buying direct (especially if you do not already have member benefits). The lower closing costs significantly close the gap -- plus resale contracts are priced extremely high right now. There is almost no savings buying resale for these small contracts (not to mention there aren't a lot floating around).
I have noticed that. We have member benefits but a small contract came up and thought we would give it a try.

Wonder why resale are priced so high right now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter