Buying Direct - How Long is the Process?

jjanne

Earning My Ears
For those folks who recently purchased- new members, as well as current memberes who added a contract recently, how long does the process take if you purchased with a guide over the phone? (Slight update to original post)

- To get the contract in Docusign
- For deposit to be charged to your credit card
- To get member account setup for new members (do you get an email notification to setup DVC account or how do you get an account?)
- To get points posted to member account?

Last edited:
We purchased direct a couple of years ago and it was literally a matter of days. We had the docusign by the next day, completed it right away and had points maybe the day after. I was shocked how quick it was. We did pay cash and didn't finance, which I'm sure made the process much quicker.

We purchased direct a couple of years ago and it was literally a matter of days. We had the docusign by the next day, completed it right away and had points maybe the day after. I was shocked how quick it was. We did pay cash and didn't finance, which I'm sure made the process much quicker.
thanks @KSR0330 . How did you setup your DVC online account - did you get an email invite, do a call with member services or just go to a portal to create an account?

thanks @KSR0330 . How did you setup your DVC online account - did you get an email invite, do a call with member services or just go to a portal to create an account?
Honestly, I don't even remember (so it must have been super easy!). My DVC log-in is the same as my My Disney Experience log in, so I'm thinking once I purchased and created an account with my email on the DVC website (associated with my MDE account) it all just synced together. Someone who has done this more recently can correct me if I'm wrong, thought!

We bought resale a couple years ago. Then this past June called a guide we had met during our last visit to WDW.

I called to make sure about all the incentives and confirm what the total final price would be on 150pts VGF. Well… we basically bought right on that 55 minute phone call. Guide sent papers we started to sign and we had the points the next day to book trips. It’s very easy to set up your DVC account.

We bought resale a couple years ago. Then this past June called a guide we had met during our last visit to WDW.

I called to make sure about all the incentives and confirm what the total final price would be on 150pts VGF. Well… we basically bought right on that 55 minute phone call. Guide sent papers we started to sign and we had the points the next day to book trips. It’s very easy to set up your DVC account.
Congrats on the VGF purchase! ok, good to know process moves along quick.

For those folks who recently purchased- new members, as well as current memberes who added a contract recently, how long does the process take if you purchased with a guide over the phone? (Slight update to original post)

- To get member account setup for new members (do you get an email notification to setup DVC account or how do you get an account?)
Added RIV a few months ago.

I gave the ok early afternoon, got the docusing contract like two hours later. By the time I signed and checked my account, the points were already there, so they must have loaded them when they sent the contract (or maybe before that lol).

The deposit was charged to my card the next day.

Last edited:
It can all be completed same day if you commit to the sale and provide a deposit early enough in the day. The DocuSign email(s) will come as soon as QA prepares the contracts. The deposit can go pending that day or the next day. You will get a Club ID and one time activation code that you add to the DVC website. The login will be shared with your Disney single sign-on account. Points will also be loaded same day if you purchase early enough. If not they will be there next day. You do not need to complete the DocuSign before you get points. You can even have your Welcome Home trip booked before you sign.

It can all be completed same day if you commit to the sale and provide a deposit early enough in the day. The DocuSign email(s) will come as soon as QA prepares the contracts. The deposit can go pending that day or the next day. You will get a Club ID and one time activation code that you add to the DVC website. The login will be shared with your Disney single sign-on account. Points will also be loaded same day if you purchase early enough. If not they will be there next day. You do not need to complete the DocuSign before you get points. You can even have your Welcome Home trip booked before you sign.

@PolyRob - all makes sense. Thank you.

I got my docs in hours and points/new membership added I’m hours! So easy!
Deposit charged immed
Points and new membership within minutes!

Although the points are showing I cannot book
Did you finance? I wonder if not signing that documentation has something to do with it? I've booked on the points before and know someone who took the 90 days to pay and booked before completing the DocuSign.

Did you finance? I wonder if not signing that documentation has something to do with it? I've booked on the points before and know someone who took the 90 days to pay and booked before completing the DocuSign.
Yes I am financing but paid $1500 deposit..not sure if that matters? I was approved before my preferred UY was approved

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter