Buying Resale and then Direct?

Disneydawg4

Earning My Ears
If I were to buy a resale contract, would I then be able to buy an additional direct contract for a small amount of points (50ish)? If so, would I still be excluded from member benefits because I don't have 150 direct points?

Maybe. The "Membership Extras" from the Blue Card are currently for 150 direct. But not all "member benefits" are "Membership Extras."

You can buy points. 25 minimum for cash, 50 if you finance through Disney. I think Riviera is 50 either way.

You will not get most member benefits unless you have 150 direct points, however… you can use the direct points to stay at riviera and newer resorts. You still can’t use your resale points to stay there though.

You also do not have to buy points in 25 point increments.. as long as you buy the 25 minimum amount you could buy 32 points if you wanted.

That’s how I started. Bought a small 50 points resale contract. While my initial plan wasn’t that, later I decided to buy direct points and was able to add points as an owner.

Right now the minimum add on limits are 25 points cash, 50 when financing. Except GF and Riviera, where the minimum is 50 for both options.

You need to have 150 points to get the direct benefits. It doesn’t have to be a single contract or transaction. You can buy 75 points now and 75 points in three years and you’ll get the benefits when you reach the 150 points (assuming the minimum is still 150).

Once an owner, you can add on with less than 150 points. Those points will be eligible for stays at RIV and future resorts, no matter the amount. Your resale points will remain restricted from us there, even if you end up with direct points as well. Restrictions go with the points, not the owner.

If you want access to membership extras, such as the discounts, TOTWL, etc., then you must purchase 150 points direct from Disney...which is the current minimum As mentioned, you can add on smaller contracts until you reach it...

That’s how I started. Bought a small 50 points resale contract. While my initial plan wasn’t that, later I decided to buy direct points and was able to add points as an owner.

Right now the minimum add on limits are 25 points cash, 50 when financing. Except GF and Riviera, where the minimum is 50 for both options.

You need to have 150 points to get the direct benefits. It doesn’t have to be a single contract or transaction. You can buy 75 points now and 75 points in three years and you’ll get the benefits when you reach the 150 points (assuming the minimum is still 150).
I added on 25 GF a month or 2 ago. I think CCV is the other 50 pt one besides RIV. But yeah, that's what we are doing. Currently at 50 pt resale SSR, 25 pt direct. Might add more direct after Poly 2 goes on sale.

Is there a place to see the per point costs for all resorts directly from Disney?
I was unable to find one prior to becoming a member but the addon portal shows them?:

VGF/AUL/RIV: $217/PT

CCV/POLY: $250/PT

BLT/BCV: $275/PT

BWV: $250/PT

BRV: $215/PT

AKL: $210/PT

OKW/SSR: $205/pt

HH: $165/PT

VRB: $150/PT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter