Buzz and Canal Boats open

avalon451

Errrr... what?
Here yesterday and today. Buzz seemed to be soft open last evening, it wasn’t on the app wait times, but it is today, and has been posting 15 mins all day. Yesterday I saw what looked like training CMs on Storybook Land Canal Boats, and today it is open- though again, it’s not showing on the app. 🙂

Here yesterday and today. Buzz seemed to be soft open last evening, it wasn’t on the app wait times, but it is today, and has been posting 15 mins all day. Yesterday I saw what looked like training CMs on Storybook Land Canal Boats, and today it is open- though again, it’s not showing on the app. 🙂
I'm happy to see this! I really want to ride the canal boats, as silly as that might seem, just b/c we don't have them in WDW, and from what I read, they were one of the original attractions?
So yeah, that + Mr. Toad, which I miss so much!

I'm happy to see this! I really want to ride the canal boats, as silly as that might seem, just b/c we don't have them in WDW, and from what I read, they were one of the original attractions?
Same here, as we've been to WDW a lot and July will be first time in DLR. Mostly interested in riding every ride that WDW does not offer.

I did see Buzz on the app yesterday evening. I was so surprised. It said 10 minutes and by the time we got there the line was huge.

Yay! And darn because we just missed it. Yesterday was our last park day and I did see cast members testing things over there. Next time!

Not silly! This is one of my favorite rides. I like to ride during the day and at night, and I love riding at Christmas time when all the little houses are decorated with tiny wreaths and bows and snow. I think the ride is very underrated!

Any noticeable changes to Buzz? Lighting package updates? Or just the typical maintenance work call?

Definitely not silly! Storybook Land Canal Boats are one of my favorite things at DLR. They are quintessential Disneyland. :lovestruc I especially recommend them at night when they have the little windows all lit up.

I was completely thrilled when I saw the canal boats were opening before I go this weekend, and I'm so happy to hear that it's true! Thank you, OP, for verifying!

Any noticeable changes to Buzz? Lighting package updates? Or just the typical maintenance work call?
Unfortunately, I didn’t actually ride. The posted time said 15, but people were piling in so it looked much longer.

Same here, as we've been to WDW a lot and July will be first time in DLR. Mostly interested in riding every ride that WDW does not offer.
We did a trip to DL and are frequent WDW visitors also. We had the same thought to hit all the new rides, but afterwards we went back to the WDW rides and were surprised to see many had slight variations from WDW. So I’d recommend doing the WDW ones as well, if time permits.
PS - the DL Splash Mountain gets you significantly more wet than WDW.

We did Buzz Wednesday morning. It stopped a couple of times with the “Space Rangers…” announcements. There was no wait when we walked up, a long line later around 11AM.

We did Buzz Wednesday morning. It stopped a couple of times with the “Space Rangers…” announcements. There was no wait when we walked up, a long line later around 11AM.

Since Buzz is a continuous loader those announcements are typically related to people needing more time to board or get off the ride and not a technical issue.

Did you notice any ride changes?

Since Buzz is a continuous loader those announcements are typically related to people needing more time to board or get off the ride and not a technical issue.

The first couple of announcements we were at the disability loading area and that did not seem to be the case. The other times we were in the ride, so maybe that was happening then; it stopped about 6 times. I did not notice any changes, but I don’t know the ride well enough to tell you 😆

I didn't notice any changes. The emailed photos seem to be broken. The photo gets sent multiple times and the score was wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter