BWV... Its a great resort

Disney On The Bayou

Mouseketeer
I see so many post about issues at BVW I was expected to have a few on my current trip. I'm pleased to report after 4 nights with 2 to go we are very pleased with the quality and service we have received. If there is any complaints, it would be the other members here who feel like the hallway is a garbage chute. However, we only experienced that twice this trip outside the same room. Other than that, grounds are nice, rooms are clean and we are having a great family vacation. Oh... One more thing... We love FP+!!!!!! A little complicated at first with 14 of us in two separate rooms, however, once you master it, it's one of the most ingenious tools. No way could we coordinate all of us with the old system. We are able to break up in the morning and do everything from golf to spa treatments and still do all the fun rides such as TSM, ToT and Space Mountain.

Thanks for posting. Sometimes I think I should quit the DIS boards for a while because the negatives being posted get a little overwhelming. Your good experience makes me more hopeful about our upcoming stay. Enjoy!

Thanks for posting. Sometimes I think I should quit the DIS boards for a while because the negatives being posted get a little overwhelming. Your good experience makes me more hopeful about our upcoming stay. Enjoy!

Please don't do that! :sad: I enjoy every one of your posts!

I am a positive person and when the negative stuff pops up, I just shake my head, say a little prayer for the person that posted and move on.

:worship: Keep posting!

Please don't do that! :sad: I enjoy every one of your posts!

I am a positive person and when the negative stuff pops up, I just shake my head, say a little prayer for the person that posted and move on.

:worship: Keep posting!

Well, you just made my day! Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me that I still love my DVC vacations when so many are disillusioned. Then I read an upbeat message like yours and :goodvibes Hope your waining hours at BWV are the best yet!

I see so many post about issues at BVW I was expected to have a few on my current trip. I'm pleased to report after 4 nights with 2 to go we are very pleased with the quality and service we have received. If there is any complaints, it would be the other members here who feel like the hallway is a garbage chute. However, we only experienced that twice this trip outside the same room. Other than that, grounds are nice, rooms are clean and we are having a great family vacation. Oh... One more thing... We love FP+!!!!!! A little complicated at first with 14 of us in two separate rooms, however, once you master it, it's one of the most ingenious tools. No way could we coordinate all of us with the old system. We are able to break up in the morning and do everything from golf to spa treatments and still do all the fun rides such as TSM, ToT and Space Mountain.

It's nice you are having a good trip. Today is Friday, so skip the corn dog and get some fish or macaroni and cheese. ;)

I agree, BWV is a lovely resort. A little worn here and there, but it is constantly full and an "older" resort. And when they do updates, people then complain about the noise and/or inconvenience. Can't win.

Jean....I too enjoy your posts. The neggie nellies get on my nerves, too. I was called a "DVC Cheerleader". It is always the usual suspects that keep beating the "downer drum". My feeling is if someone is so unhappy with DVC, then sell it. Or if someone made a bad financial decision or if it's not working for them planning wise, that is their own fault.

Have I had absolutely perfect DVC stays where nothing went wrong? Probably not, but a quick call to housekeeping or engineering or a visit to the front desk clears things up. But I don't consider a missing frying pan or not enough towels provided or a rouge smoker on the floor below a reason to contact member services and demand "something".

BLT is our next stay, but can't wait to go back to BWV later this year. What a perfect location...and so relaxing.

Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me that I still love my DVC vacations when so many are disillusioned.

Jean....I too enjoy your posts. The neggie nellies get on my nerves, too. I was called a "DVC Cheerleader".
:thumbsup2
i truly believe some people believe negativity infers intelligence :sad2:.
it doesn't - looking at things/situations from many sides rather than keeping a narrow focus of discontent, learning from varying points of view rather than shutting them out, being able to differentiate between the insignificant and important......the most intelligent thinkers (with many types of friends) tend to be positive.
jean is one smart lady :thumbsup2

OP, hope you continue to have a fantastic time!

:thumbsup2
i truly believe some people believe negativity infers intelligence :sad2:.
it doesn't - looking at things/situations from many sides rather than keeping a narrow focus of discontent, learning from varying points of view rather than shutting them out, being able to differentiate between the insignificant and important......the most intelligent thinkers (with many types of friends) tend to be positive.
jean is one smart lady :thumbsup2

OP, hope you continue to have a fantastic time!

Laurie,
I just noticed your upcoming dates at BWV. If all goes well with DH, I will be at BWV 4/29 - 5/6. We need to meet at our beloved BWV, maybe the Belle Vue, for a glass of wine!

Laurie,
I just noticed your upcoming dates at BWV. If all goes well with DH, I will be at BWV 4/29 - 5/6. We need to meet at our beloved BWV, maybe the Belle Vue, for a glass of wine!

would love to! :)

hope your DH (& you, of course:)) stay happy & healthy....and that you have a great BLT trip!

just 50 days......:cloud9:

Bwv is my favourite resort, with the location and point cost of the standard rooms, it is the best deal going. Our last 4 stays have all been at bwv.

Glad you enjoyed it! We just added on at BWV last May and are very much looking forward to our upcoming stay!

So glad to read these posts. I booked a stay in a 1 bedroom pool/garden view in August, split with a 1-bedroom standard view at VGF, followed by 3 nights on the Dream, followed by 1 night in a 1 bedroom standard at Kidani (my home resort). Airfare was much lower to fly home a day after the cruise, so that provided a good excuse to stop by AKV to check out a one bedroom and savor the resort and some zebra domes before heading back home to NY.

A mini tour of 1 bedrooms, if you please. I'm turning 50 during this trip, and wanted to mix it up. It will be my first stay as a DVC owner -- rented 2x before taking the plunge. REALLY looking forward to this trip!

Agree!

Our next DVC stay will be in a BWV 1 bedroom, I can't wait!:goodvibes

We love BWV, it's been our home resort since 1999! Yes, there have been housekeeping/maintenance issues but I make a phone call and get it taken care of. We just returned last week from a 4-day weekend in a BWV 2-BR, both rooms were clean and everything was working as it should be.

Kind of off topic, but we had better weather this trip than we've had in what feels like years - every day was high 70s and sunny, low humidity...and the best part was staying at BWV - walking to the parks in the fabulous weather!

We just got a reservation a few days ago for a long weekend in October. We have never stayed at BWV and we are all looking forward to it.

We are checking in on the 25th for 3 nights before moving to OKW. I am really looking forward to it as we have only stayed there 1 night after arriving from a late flight. We really had no time to experience the resort.

BW is a great location and a very family friendly environment. DD (32y) enjoys the energetic atmosphere, the view and the boardwalk.

I don't think it's any more worn than any of the older venues. Personally, it's not my 'cup of tea'. We've stayed 3 times now and haven't yet gotten off the 2nd (lobby) level. It just feels claustrophobic to me however we always stay in standard studios which probably drives that feeling. I don't know why I feel like the quick serve is farther away than the BC but I do.

Excited to be staying in a BW view studio in June. Haven't stayed there since 2002, and DH is really happy to be going back!
Daisyx3

My teen DDs and I will be staying there for 2 nights in Aug (was one DD's pick and I was very happy about that). AND...I just, yesterday, went on the wait list to add on points at BWV :dance3:.
SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Hope OP enjoyed the rest of their trip and thanks for sharing!

Been in a 1 bedroom since Fri, and I don't have any complaints. Absolutely love BWV!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter