BWV... Its a great resort

Been in a 1 bedroom since Fri, and I don't have any complaints. Absolutely love BWV!!!

We are in a one bedroom too! Arrived last night.
Great day in magic kingdom. About to watch illuminations now!
Love being able to walk over from the boardwalk!

We arrive at BLT tomorrow. DNiece age 11, who is traveling with me, has stayed at BWV at least 6 times and loved it but this will be her first stay at BLT. It will be interesting to see what she thinks. It is so easy to stand on the BWV balcony and watch her if she goes to the bakery or a store by herself but BLT is not so intimate a setting. Not sure if she and I will feel as comfortable with her heading over to the Contemporary for quick service or a store. We shall see. Worst case scenario we know that we should be boring and always stay at BWV for future trips when she is along.

We arrive at BLT tomorrow. DNiece age 11, who is traveling with me, has stayed at BWV at least 6 times and loved it but this will be her first stay at BLT. It will be interesting to see what she thinks. It is so easy to stand on the BWV balcony and watch her if she goes to the bakery or a store by herself but BLT is not so intimate a setting. Not sure if she and I will feel as comfortable with her heading over to the Contemporary for quick service or a store. We shall see. Worst case scenario we know that we should be boring and always stay at BWV for future trips when she is along.

Have a great time, Jean, and I am sending you more props for your positivity!

I am sure your DNiece will have a great time at BLT. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate, for the most part. If your not comfortable with giving her the run of the place (and admittedly, I would not be either) you can always walk over to CR with her and just find a place to park and watch the hustle/bustle of the resort. The game room at CR is awesome, if she is into that. DW and I enjoy shopping at Buena Vista Gifts and the other little shop on the concourse.

Your niece is at a great age for being within walking distance to the "World". Have a great trip!!

Our family of four just finished our first trip to wdw and spent 6 nights here in a 1 br (room 1101). Great resort. We love walking to Epcot and Hollywood studios and really enjoyed flying fish (twice)! The lobster sandwich at the bakery was great too. Fun resort and we can't wait to return.

We added BWV last year, mostly for location, which can't be topped. We love walking to all the restaurants on the Boardwalk, in Swan/Dolphin, at Epcot. Our recent stay for 3 nights in a standard 1bd was great - the room location could have been better but no complaints at all about the upkeep or cleanliness of the room. Everything was top notch.

We added BWV last year, mostly for location, which can't be topped. We love walking to all the restaurants on the Boardwalk, in Swan/Dolphin, at Epcot. Our recent stay for 3 nights in a standard 1bd was great - the room location could have been better but no complaints at all about the upkeep or cleanliness of the room. Everything was top notch.

Agreed we added on at BWV last year for the same Reasons. We loved walking to Epcot in the evenings and all around the boardwalk. We also were able to see illuminations from our living room. Didn't know that we would have that unexpected view!

Ignore all of the above false praise for BWV. I am a BWV owner and it is the worst place on earth. Don't stay there unless you want to suffer royally. Service is atrocious, nothing ever works in the rooms, walks are too long, the ugly clown is nothing but terrifying, check-in takes forever, restaurants serve lousy and overly expensive food, the boardwalk noise keeps you up all night, and it so bad that you pine for staying in better places like the value resorts.

(Other BWV owners, please join me in trying to keep everyone else away so we can keep the place to ourselves.)

Ignore all of the above false praise for BWV. I am a BWV owner and it is the worst place on earth. Don't stay there unless you want to suffer royally. Service is atrocious, nothing ever works in the rooms, walks are too long, the ugly clown is nothing but terrifying, check-in takes forever, restaurants serve lousy and overly expensive food, the boardwalk noise keeps you up all night, and it so bad that you pine for staying in better places like the value resorts.

(Other BWV owners, please join me in trying to keep everyone else away so we can keep the place to ourselves.)

I like your thinking. Yes, staying at BWV stinks. All the negatives you hear are so true. SSR rocks!!! :thumbsup2

oh, and don't forget that it's a 45 minute walk to the parking lot, you have to climb a HUGE steep hill to get to EPCOT, there are stupid birds (REAL ones!) and nature "stuff" all over, the lobby just has too much going on (how is one supposed to see/learn all that history in one visit?! sheesh!), and those hallways :sad2: (did they really think gorgeous seating areas, intricate carpeting, amazing lighting, etc would detract from the fact it can actually take an entire minute or 2 to get to the elevators?)

hey, jean - how does your DN like BLT? hope you're having a GREAT time!:thumbsup2

hey, jean - how does your DN like BLT? hope you're having a GREAT time!

We both love the extra bathroom. We are on 14th floor overlooking the marina and Contemporary pool. We see all of the high Epcot fireworks! But we miss the more intimate feel of BWV. DNi asked to go to the BW yesterday, so we had lunch at ESPN and ice cream from Seashore. Looking forward to my home stomping grounds next month. See you!

I would love to stay at this resort at Xmas time. I wonder if they are points for this one that I can buy?

oh, and don't forget that it's a 45 minute walk to the parking lot, you have to climb a HUGE steep hill to get to EPCOT, there are stupid birds (REAL ones!) and nature "stuff" all over, the lobby just has too much going on (how is one supposed to see/learn all that history in one visit?! sheesh!), and those hallways :sad2: (did they really think gorgeous seating areas, intricate carpeting, amazing lighting, etc would detract from the fact it can actually take an entire minute or 2 to get to the elevators?)

hey, jean - how does your DN like BLT? hope you're having a GREAT time!:thumbsup2
:rotfl:

You forgot to mention that even if you are a registered guest of BWI/BWV they are going to make you park across the street behind the Hess station, and the security guard telling you that rather than a 45 minute walk from the parking lot to the lobby he is doing you a favor as it is only a 40 minute walk from across the street to the lobby.

Also don't forget that the lack of indoor counter service and restaurants will force you to go outside and possibly get wet if it rains. I stayed at the Poly and I got a little wet when I walked the 10 miles from Tahiti building (near the TTC) to Captain Cooks, but I always got drenched with hurricane force rain when I walk the 10 -30 yards from the BW lobby to either the Bakery, Kouzzina's, Seashore Sweets, the Pizza Window, Flying Fish, Big River Grille, The Funnel Cake Stand, Boardwalk To Go, Boardwalk Joes and ESPN Club. (I wish the Boardwalk had more food options to choose from, imagine only 10 locations to choose from).

And I agree with you about the huge hill you need to climb when walking to Epcot. Reminds me of when I stayed at OKW and had to walk up the stairs to my third floor room 10 times a day.

And for people who have sensitive ears, the noise from the Boardwalk entertainers is so loud that you will probably get a migraine headache.

You forgot to mention that even if you are a registered guest of BWI/BWV they are going to make you park across the street behind the Hess station, and the security guard telling you that rather than a 45 minute walk from the parking lot to the lobby he is doing you a favor as it is only a 40 minute walk from across the street to the lobby.

Also don't forget that the lack of indoor counter service and restaurants will force you to go outside and possibly get wet if it rains. I stayed at the Poly and I got a little wet when I walked the 10 miles from Tahiti building (near the TTC) to Captain Cooks, but I always got drenched with hurricane force rain when I walk the 10 -30 yards from the BW lobby to either the Bakery, Kouzzina's, Seashore Sweets, the Pizza Window, Flying Fish, Big River Grille, The Funnel Cake Stand, Boardwalk To Go, Boardwalk Joes and ESPN Club. (I wish the Boardwalk had more food options to choose from, imagine only 10 locations to choose from).

And I agree with you about the huge hill you need to climb when walking to Epcot. Reminds me of when I stayed at OKW and had to walk up the stairs to my third floor room 10 times a day.

And for people who have sensitive ears, the noise from the Boardwalk entertainers is so loud that you will probably get a migraine headache.

Oh no, you are so making me regret my add-on ;) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter