BWV refurb is in full swing.

Will MS give you an info if you call?
The last time I called to add a night at PVB on to the end of our stay the agent said she has a friend that is working construction over at BWV and that they are hoping to have opened some rooms by then. I did not think to ask about murphy beds at that time because I had only heard of two 1 bedrooms that did not have them. Maybe I will give them a call today. I have been wondering if they are planning to move you if they note your account and let you know if you call in before they contact you or if they only make calls out for this. Has anyone been moved when you called in?

Last edited:
I was a little surprised that in late January I booked 3 more trips for this year - and was able to get Boardwalk for all of them - for December that was expected since I was booking at the 11 month window opening, but June and September I was expecting to end up with few or no choices and get Saratoga or OKW. All of the bookings were 1-bedroom pool/garden - and I assumed since all were available that all the refurbs must have planned to be over by then. Though the pool/garden rooms should most or all be done now, the standards are still being worked on, and blocking off the entire standard wing of course puts a lot of pool/garden rooms out of service too - does make me wonder if they are overbooking and hoping to be done, and if not, just moving people as needed...or is Boardwalk generally not being booked as much because of all the construction?

It is sad to hear that since I was last there in early Feb, that nothing seems to have gotten done - Cake Bake has looked mostly the same since the beginning of the year, and the corn dog stand seems to have come to a stop the past month or so. Big River is a loss for me - I didn't think it was a great place and didn't 'dine in' there, but it was a great place to grab some to-go food back to the room after a park day...being able to nab a salad, quesadilla, burger, etc and walk up to the room with it was great, and was the only option left after losing ESPN. Unfortunately, the other restaurants don't have that type of food, and when you just want some quick burger/bar food stuff at night close to the room, it's not as convenient to have to walk over to Swan/Dolphin or Beach/Yacht just for that stuff. The food trucks, even if they were there every day, wouldn't help since they are only there by day. The corn dog booth will at least offer another option when it eventually opens, but still a dearth of quick greasy bar food at Boardwalk - so I really do hope the rumor that Disney will open such a spot in that space in the future is true - even if it means probably waiting until 2029 to be finished!

I will say though, as many have, that whatever is going on over at the Boardwalk with construction delays is a bit ridiculous. All construction is moving slowly...like a snail slowly.
I must say even though it is going slow at least it is moving. BCV they just paused for a while before resuming and BRV took a little while and it is a smaller resort (BWV has more studios than BRV has rooms!!).

I must say even though it is going slow at least it is moving. BCV they just paused for a while before resuming and BRV took a little while and it is a smaller resort (BWV has more studios than BRV has rooms!!).
Yes, I do agree with you about that. The rooms are at least moving along. The food options, not so much.

Will MS give you an info if you call?
So I did give them a call and they have zero information regarding the refurbishment or the murphy bed shortage. It was worth a shot. She did say if they move me it will not be noted on my account first. I will be contacted via phone. I did see on a facebook post that a recent (last week) guest was able to peek in and the carpets have not been changed. This doesn't mean much since I'm sure that's last with all of the workers and furniture in and out. However, they also asked a construction worker about how it was going and his response was slow. I think I should start expecting that we will be moved.

So I did give them a call and they have zero information regarding the refurbishment or the murphy bed shortage. It was worth a shot. She did say if they move me it will not be noted on my account first. I will be contacted via phone. I did see on a facebook post that a recent (last week) guest was able to peek in and the carpets have not been changed. This doesn't mean much since I'm sure that's last with all of the workers and furniture in and out. However, they also asked a construction worker about how it was going and his response was slow. I think I should start expecting that we will be moved.
We check in a few days before you and haven’t received a call yet. I think you should receive a refurbished room.

We check in on 3/23, into a standard studio, and also have not been contacted to switch yet.
Good to hear. Maybe those rooms that are closest to the lobby will be finished. There are several standard studios in that location. Please report back if you are contacted to move if you don't mind. If you aren't moved, I would love to hear if they have a new murphy bed in your studio upon check in. Enjoy your trip!

Good to hear. Maybe those rooms that are closest to the lobby will be finished. There are several standard studios in that location. Please report back if you are contacted to move if you don't mind. If you aren't moved, I would love to hear if they have a new murphy bed in your studio upon check in. Enjoy your trip!
I will definitely update the group. We don't mind if we are switched to the Inn or another room category, but I'm just nervous we will get a call to switch resorts completely.

Found it! I needed the thermostat in the new BWV to go lower than 68. I found the tic tok to tell me how. Push mode then fan then up at the same time and release. Then you should be able to use the arrows to lower the temp.

Last edited:
Found it! I needed the thermostat in the new BWV to go lower than 68. I found the tic tok to tell me how. Push mode then fan then up at the same time and release. Then you should be able to use the arrows to lower the temp.
All 3 at the same time? Or just fan and up?

We don't mind if we are switched to the Inn or another room category, but I'm just nervous we will get a call to switch resorts completely.
I have a BWV standard studio booked, and this is how I feel as well. I don't mind being moved to the Inn side, or would be fine with a studio at BCV (although that's unlikely), but don't want to be sent to another resort. I also have two rented stays, so two different reservations. I'd really dislike being sent somewhere for one of them, causing a split stay at two resorts. I'm not there until May 5th, so still lots of time, but sounds like the renovations are going slowly.

I have a standard 2 bed-LO early May - and I'm getting nervous. Was relying on having the murphy sofas since I'm arriving with my 3 young adult kids. None of them wants to sleep on a traditional sofa bed....
This is the first time I've booked a 2-bed at BWV since we bought the contract - and it's for my daughter's 21st...
I guess I just keep my fingers crossed at this point.

I was so excited to get the two standard studios 11 months out because I wanted to treat my family to the Boardwalk. We were supposed to have, according to the original timelines, finished rooms with murphy beds, cake bake, blue ribbon, and now we may not have any of that. Big River is also gone, not that we had ever been. I'm sure I'm overreacting and everything will be fine. It is Disney after all. The only thing that could really be a problem is the adults and my older teen on the old pull out couches. I just wish we had answers, but I know better than to rely on original timelines and should have planned accordingly. I will say though, as many have, that whatever is going on over at the Boardwalk with construction delays is a bit ridiculous. All construction is moving slowly...like a snail slowly.
You're not the only one feeling this way! Similar to you, I was disciplined and on top of booking this specific resort well ahead of time. I was hopeful many of these things would be near completion by now, but following people's testimonies the last few months, I became pessimistic. I am glad I am not the only one feeling this way.

What is major differences between
BWV studio and BBI Inn room?
From my understanding it is the lack of a real kitchenette. BWV has microwave, toaster and a real fridge. The BWI room has just a beverage cooler.
Yes this and also the beds. Studio will have a queen bed and pull down murphy bed as well as a single pull down under the tv. Inn room has two queen beds and a couch that fold down for a twin bed. Both sleep 5.

Update from member services supervisor(of course it's hit or miss with what they are in the know on)....I had to call and add a night that came available at BCV (yay it's a pool day!) to the end of our trip since flight prices were so high the original check out date. I needed one time use points and after I bought them there was a problem with them pulling from the new DLT. For some reason their systems aren't playing nice with them so had to get a supervisor on the line. While we had her I asked about the standard wing and mentioned people being moved through mid-March. She said she is aware they were moved and they got off track with some spring break issues, but are working hard to catch up and she believes they will have some rooms open in that wing here soon. She did say that if there are anymore moves it will likely be over to the Inn side, which seems to be where everyone including myself prefers so good news there. I also saw a report on facebook of a room that had a pull out couch that now has a murphy so they're coming in at least. I know the supervisor may be wrong or things can change, but I feel much more comfortable with my stay remaining at the Boardwalk now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter