CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Anyone know if Cabana Bay pool can be used by Aventura guests? We stayed at cabana bay this year and loved the lazy river but for a change opted for Aventura next year.

Anyone know if Cabana Bay pool can be used by Aventura guests? We stayed at cabana bay this year and loved the lazy river but for a change opted for Aventura next year.
Yes! I just learned about Universal pool hopping. Apparently the only guests who can't hop are Endless Summer. The thread I saw this in advised talking to someone at the desk about showing your resort key card and then getting a day card to access the pool.

Just got back from a week stay in an exterior suite parking lot view, Castaway building ground floor. We were super close to the Garden Walkway to Sapphire/the parks and worked out perfect for us. We normally would walk to Sapphire Falls to get on the boat to go to the parks, then take the bus back to the hotel.

Busses were a plenty and they always left full - so be prepared to wait if you don't yet have a full bus (every time we were on a bus it waited for people to fill all seats AND stand in the isles.)

Bayliner Diner had more food listed in the cafeteria than what was listed via online menu, so that was a nice touch to see some added food to both the international and burger/grill area.

If you plan on using the sofa bed, it's hard as a rock. At least in our room it was. We also had to ask for extra bedding, blankets and sheets. Never had any issues requesting extra items like bowls and plates or silverware and coffee.

Text service from the hotel was a little spotty - I had asked for the link for Cabana Bay information and we didn't get it until mid-next day. Most questions were answered within an hour of sending though. Internet was rough in the room too - we'd have to reconnect by the door and then would be good for the rest of the day.

And just to share my favorite personal tidbit - if you're going to play mini-golf either 1. bring your AAA card with you for a discount or 2. hang out around the exit and wait and see if someone will give you a discounted scratch off. It hurt dropping $80 on mini-golf. LOL

Just got back from a week stay in an exterior suite parking lot view, Castaway building ground floor. We were super close to the Garden Walkway to Sapphire/the parks and worked out perfect for us. We normally would walk to Sapphire Falls to get on the boat to go to the parks, then take the bus back to the hotel.

Busses were a plenty and they always left full - so be prepared to wait if you don't yet have a full bus (every time we were on a bus it waited for people to fill all seats AND stand in the isles.)

Bayliner Diner had more food listed in the cafeteria than what was listed via online menu, so that was a nice touch to see some added food to both the international and burger/grill area.

If you plan on using the sofa bed, it's hard as a rock. At least in our room it was. We also had to ask for extra bedding, blankets and sheets. Never had any issues requesting extra items like bowls and plates or silverware and coffee.

Text service from the hotel was a little spotty - I had asked for the link for Cabana Bay information and we didn't get it until mid-next day. Most questions were answered within an hour of sending though. Internet was rough in the room too - we'd have to reconnect by the door and then would be good for the rest of the day.

And just to share my favorite personal tidbit - if you're going to play mini-golf either 1. bring your AAA card with you for a discount or 2. hang out around the exit and wait and see if someone will give you a discounted scratch off. It hurt dropping $80 on mini-golf. LOL

Are you talking about Hollywood Drive-In Golf? Was thinking about doing this with the family. How long would you say it took you to get through the course?

Are you talking about Hollywood Drive-In Golf? Was thinking about doing this with the family. How long would you say it took you to get through the course?
That's a wonderful question! Wish I had an answer! LOL I want to say the four of us started around 7pm after dinner at Cowfish...but I don't remember the time we ended... we had some holes where we had to wait for people in front of us to finish out, so some wait and play spots but not many? It couldn't have been more than an hour and a half? It never FELT long...

Does anyone know the Americana building has family suites? I'm asking because I currently have a booking for a family suite and chose a non pool view because we tend to go to sleep early (are on European time :)) and did not want any noise. I was hoping on the Americana building as it would be close to the bus stop and VB. But nowI see that if you compare the maps of the building that I can find, I see the that continental has family suites (the wider type rooms on the map) but the Americana doesn't seem to have any (only the narrower type of rooms on the map). This could be just the 1 floor but i'm not sure. Can anyone create some clarity on this?
1669977994230.png
1669977945681.png

Hi all! Do they still have bonfires and movies by both pools? I haven't checked for a few years. Thank you!

Is that what they were building at the other end of the dining area? Figures they would open it right after I leave! Have you noticed if it is open in the morning?
Yes they are open in the morning with some grap and go items. Some bottled drinks and prepared yogurt parfaits. Also it looked like they had breakfast sandwiches.

I did not take a picture of the menu. But I did see a root beer, and coke float. Various smoothies including a berry one. We had a brownie sundae and we’re also offered samples.of the ice cream. I think the samples were an opening day thing. You can order scoops of ice cream

i have unfortunately gone home and didn’t get a shot of the menu

I love the idea of a Mal/shake shop at Cabana Bay. It's really funny, I was just there for Thanksgiving for their Thanksgiving meal (we weren't staying at CB this year, just came to CB after VB to have lunch) and somehow didn't notice they were building something there funny enough.

Looking forward to staying again to get a shake.

Question on room requests. We're booked for a standard 2 bed queen. Where do I NOT want to be? We have kids (7/10) so pool is exciting, long walks less so. It's just a couple of nights so I'm not too panicked, but would prefer to not be put at the ends of the earth.

Question on room requests. We're booked for a standard 2 bed queen. Where do I NOT want to be? We have kids (7/10) so pool is exciting, long walks less so. It's just a couple of nights so I'm not too panicked, but would prefer to not be put at the ends of the earth.
Ask for close the the lobby. You don’t want to be in the towers, I had a standard room there once and it was quite far. The standard room buildings are quite long so close to the lobby would be easiest.

Veteran WDW visitor considering a first-time Universal stay (no parks) for a last-minute trip. Where can I find the pool hours for February? Also, in previous comments, there have been mentions of room refurbs. Are there specific buildings that have been recently redone? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter