CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

We stayed on night at Cabana Bay before the meetup (Thurs night) and what a cute hotel it is! I love the theming, very retro! We checked in late in the evening, and was given 4 drink vouchers to celebrate our anniversary! I was so surprised, as we have not had this happen any of the times we have been to USO for our anniversary trip. They could be used on milkshakes, Starbucks, alcoholic or non drinks, etc. Fancy! That was so nice of them :) The room was adorable, liked having a "living space and kitchen" and a bedroom space.

We did not love the beds, a bit more firm than we like, and also the pillows were not great for us. One too soft and the other too firm lol wish we had brought our own. Though that was an issue at all three hotels we stayed at this time around. Maybe last year I brought a pillow, I don't know, but it is in my notes to do the next time! I also did not love the outside entry aspect of Cabana Bay, but we were at the very end of the building and really never noticed any noises or anything like that. However, at a busier location, I might not have been happy.

Overall, a great value for the price, cute rooms and theming. We ate dinner and breakfast in the foodcourt area, it was fine, plenty of seating, condiments, and drink areas. The food was okay - unfortunately was not as hot as it could/should have been. If we stay at a non premier, I would go back to Cabana Bay and try it again.

I also did not love the outside entry aspect of Cabana Bay, but we were at the very end of the building and really never noticed any noises or anything like that. However, at a busier location, I might not have been happy.
They tried to 'upgrade' me to one of those exterior entry suites my last solo trip (I had a standard room in a regular interior entry building booked). I had to push back fairly hard to get the room type I booked. Have stayed at CB many times and decided to try Aventura next trip.

What is the best way to make a room request? For our trip in 2021, and prior, there was a spot when I booked to make requests (I was able to type it out). I don't remember seeing it this go round, though I def could've missed it. I searched the boards for the info and saw either call or email but wasn't sure which would be better.

Also in my search, I saw where someone said they stopped allowing drinks in the lazy river. Is this true?

Hi folks! Me and my 12yo are arriving on 21st august for 2 weeks. We have a standard room, we’re likely to walk to the parks, sapphire falls, and VB. We’d like a quiet room. I’m going to request a high floor, but have seen there are several buildings we could be in. Can anyone recommend best building/s to request?
Do the buses go directly to the parks? We have friends at surfside and wondering if there are any buses that go between there and CB. Thanks for any help and tips :-)

Do the buses go directly to the parks? We have friends at surfside and wondering if there are any buses that go between there and CB.
Buses go to a drop off point right outside security at CityWalk. It'll be pretty much right next to the Surfside bus so you can easily either hop on to continue to Surfside, or meetup at the bus stop/security hub.

We’d like a quiet room. I’m going to request a high floor, but have seen there are several buildings we could be in. Can anyone recommend best building/s to request?

All of the standard rooms are in the buildings around the lazy river pool. I believe there are only standard rooms in the Americana wing and the towers that overlook Volcano Bay. If you want quiet, you don't want to be in the towers because Volcano Bay can be quite noisy.

We have a standard room,

Just a head's up, the standard rooms are quite small. I've stayed in them and they are fine for a short trip, but two weeks would be pushing it in my experience.

we’re likely to walk to the parks, sapphire falls, and VB.

Another reminder - it's going to be as hot as the surface of the sun in August. Walking to Volcano Bay and Sapphire Falls is totally possible. But to get to the parks, you really want to just take the bus. They are plentiful and there are very rarely any significant lines.

We have friends at surfside and wondering if there are any buses that go between there and CB.

There isn't any way to go directly from hotel to hotel by bus. You would have to bus to City Walk and take the Surfside bus from there. It would be much quick to just call an Uber/Lyft, which should be pretty cheap.

Hi folks! Me and my 12yo are arriving on 21st august for 2 weeks. We have a standard room, we’re likely to walk to the parks, sapphire falls, and VB. We’d like a quiet room. I’m going to request a high floor, but have seen there are several buildings we could be in. Can anyone recommend best building/s to request?
Do the buses go directly to the parks? We have friends at surfside and wondering if there are any buses that go between there and CB. Thanks for any help and tips :-)
As someone mentioned, standard rooms are in Americana, Continental, and the towers (they do not face VB I think that is a separate bookable category). The towers are the farthest walk rom the lobby, but close to VB.

If VB is open when you want to go to Surfside, you could take the walkway to VB, turn toward the exit instead of the park entry, and catch a bus directly there rather than switching at City Walk. Someone mentioned this a while back and I have not done it, but sounds like a time saver. Wouldn't work when VB is closed though!

I have walked from CB to the parks in all weather. I have often taken the SF boat back in the evening and walked from there to CB.

Thank you all. I will request a high floor, no pools in sight, in either the americana or continental building. :-)
Very excited, son has never been to Florida, and I haven't been for around 15 years.
Shall be using lyft and the boats too no doubt. This will be my first time in USA without a car, but as we are staying within Universal I'm hopeful that I won't miss one. Thanks again, you've all been super helpful.

Our airline changed our flight in November so we are extending our vacation by 2 nights and staying at Cabana Bay for the first time! Ive always wanted to try it but could never tear myself away from Royal Pacific.

We have a standard poolside room, does anyone know what buildings have these rooms?

Hi does anyone know the price of the tubes for the lazy river. I was planning to bring my own, but if they aren't crazy then its not really worth it.

Castaway, Thunderbird & Starlight are the three building that are comprised of all exterior entry family suites - they surround the pool with the slide if that helps :)
I just booked an interior entry family suite. Which buildings would these be in? Sorry this is my first time at CB. Thanks!

Hi does anyone know the price of the tubes for the lazy river. I was planning to bring my own, but if they aren't crazy then its not really worth it.
I just saw a post (maybe from a year ago, reading old posts to get a handle on this trip lol) and they were $17 at that time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter