cabanas at aquatica

cantoine

Don't just fly soar
I am currently in the process of planning a trip for june 2014. I am traveling with 3 adults and 4 children 9, 5, 2, 1,. I want to book a cabana ar aquatica and I see theu have 4 different types; standard, pool view, premium, and ultimate. Can anyone offer insight as to what the difference is in these 4

We have rented a standard cabana 3 times a Aquatica. Each time, they were located directly across the walkway from the pool view cabanas. The standards have foliage behind them, while the pool view have the walkway on one side and the wave pool on the other. Amenities in the two types were identical.....same chairs and table, locker, fridge, etc.

Premium and ultimate, if I remember correctly, have upgraded amenities ("nicer" chairs, etc.) and are larger. I think they *may* accomodate more people in one of those categories than the others, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

We actually preferred the standard vs. the pool view, as the standard seemed quieter with no one behind us (there's lotsa shrieking going on in the wave pool, as you can imagine). You could still hear the wave pool guests in the standard, of course, but it we were far more secluded whichi was nice.

Here are some pics of the standard cabanas in the Uluwatu section (where we have been allocated each time):

Someone has since posted that Aquatica has switched out the cabanas to newer versions since our last visit (Dec. 24/12). They are reported to now look like the ones at Discovery Cove.

First off, thanks for posting these pics!

Hoping someone here can help clarify...

I am seriously considering getting a standard cabana at Aquatica b/c I love the idea of having a cooler place to relax and snack (without sand). I love the convenience of the fridge and locker.

I want to justify the cost by saving money bringing in snacks. I would like to bring powdered lemonade/fruit drink drop-ins for the bottled water provided, as well as individual snacks (that are less that 3 oz as stated on the Aquatica website).

My question is this... Am I limited to brining what will fit into the "6 pack sized" cooler? Do I have to bring the snacks in that sized cooler? Or can I just bring however many 3 oz (or less) snacks in a backpack or my choosing? I don't want to go to all the trouble of planning it and then have to throw it out when I get there (at least I read that they donate the unopened food which makes me feel a bit better about it).

Also, any idea if Lunchables or the like are allowed? Not sure if I can find any under 3 oz, but thought I would ask.

TIA for the help!

My question is this... Am I limited to brining what will fit into the "6 pack sized" cooler? Do I have to bring the snacks in that sized cooler? Or can I just bring however many 3 oz (or less) snacks in a backpack or my choosing? I don't want to go to all the trouble of planning it and then have to throw it out when I get there (at least I read that they donate the unopened food which makes me feel a bit better about it).

Also, any idea if Lunchables or the like are allowed? Not sure if I can find any under 3 oz, but thought I would ask.

TIA for the help!

Hmmmmmmmmm :scratchin .... I have no idea. We have never brought snacks in with us (we usually have the all-day dining) and the one time we didn't have the ADD, we bought a refillable popcorn bucket and snacked on that.

If you don't get an answer here, it might be worth an email to Aquatica to ask. They are usually pretty prompt with their replies ::yes:: . If you do go that route (emailing to inquire), let us know what you find out.

BTW....love the idea of the flavour packets for the bottled water :thumbsup2 . May have to use that clever suggestion on our August trip!

I am now considering getting a cabana (standard) for our trip. Problem is I am not sure what day we are going??

We have the DC day picked out. And we have the unlimited admission to SW and AQ. I am trying to have some sort of schedule, but with weather and little kids, who knows if i will be able to stick to my schedule!!

Should I purchase n advance and hope for the best? Its a lot of money to waste if we can't go that specific day:confused3

Can i wait till that day ? Im thinking they will be sold out…..:beach:

I am now considering getting a cabana (standard) for our trip. Problem is I am not sure what day we are going??

We have the DC day picked out. And we have the unlimited admission to SW and AQ. I am trying to have some sort of schedule, but with weather and little kids, who knows if i will be able to stick to my schedule!!

Should I purchase n advance and hope for the best? Its a lot of money to waste if we can't go that specific day:confused3

Can i wait till that day ? Im thinking they will be sold out…..:beach:

Depending on the time of year you are going, they may sell out. Winter months not so much, but if your vacation falls during a holiday period or during the summer, then yes.....its definitely a risk waiting until the day of.

If you are wanting a cabana, then I would book for a day early in your vacation. I am pretty sure you can cancel or rebook 24 hours in advance (you may want to double check that to be sure) so if the weather looks crappy on your scheduled day, you could rebook for a date later in your same week (assuming there is still availability on the alternate day you choose).

Depending on the time of year you are going, they may sell out. Winter months not so much, but if your vacation falls during a holiday period or during the summer, then yes.....its definitely a risk waiting until the day of.

If you are wanting a cabana, then I would book for a day early in your vacation. I am pretty sure you can cancel or rebook 24 hours in advance (you may want to double check that to be sure) so if the weather looks crappy on your scheduled day, you could rebook for a date later in your same week (assuming there is still availability on the alternate day you choose).

Great Advice Gina!! I figured for 60$ it will be nice to have and hope for good weather. :beach: (thats my new favorite little app thing!!) (LOL)

Looking back, I should have scheduled my DC day earlier in the week. We arrive Saturday afternoon, (day before Easter) and we are going to DC on Wednesday. Then leaving that Saturday. Oh well, hope that Wednesday is a beautiful day!!!!!!

In regard to my snack question... I apologize for the length of my message but just want to give all of the info as it was given to me, so as not to misquote anyone. Here it what I have gathered:

On Aquatica's website it says:

Food and Beverage Policy

Aquatica, SeaWorld's WaterparkTM has clear limitations on what types of food/beverage purchased outside are allowed to be brought in to the park. Coolers are permitted, but they must be no larger than 16-quart size; large insulated bags are available for purchase at Guest Relations. For guests with special dietary requirements a limited number of unlimited access daily picnic size lockers are available for rent at the park. Two picnic areas are located at the bus drop-off area at the front of the park and guests may re-enter these areas as often as they would like during an operating day. Any pre-packaged / unopened food that is not permitted in the park will be collected at bag check and donated to Second Harvest Food Bank serving the Orlando area.

The following food and beverage items are not permitted:

Picnic lunches or other family portion servings (such as large bags of chips great than 3 oz, sandwiches, hot dogs, slices of pizza, subs, fried chicken, etc)
Any outside beverages except bottled water (this includes teas, sodas, alcohol, etc in any size containers)
Glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
Coolers may contain:

Snacks in individual serving sizes (cracker packs, bags of chips, fruit snacks, etc. that are under 3 oz)
Bottled water
Baby food in plastic containers
For the safety of our animals, plastic straws, balloons, and cup lids are not permitted inside Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark™.

To which I had the following question that I sent via email to the given contact info on the site:

I am seeking clarification about the carry in snack policy. I understand that all snacks must be unopened and individual size (3 oz or less). My question is whether they must fit into the small cooler. If I do not intend to bring a cooler, may I put the snacks into a backpack to carry in? If I do bring a 6 pack sized cooler, with beverages that fit the policy, am I allowed to also bring snacks? Or am I limited in total to only what will fit in the cooler?

Thank you for your help with this.

FWIW--Here is the response that I got which differs slighlty from what is posted online:

Thank you for contacting our SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment® family of parks. We appreciate your questions; they are valuable in helping us improve our high level of service that we strive to provide.

SeaWorld® Orlando does not have picnic facilities available inside and does not allow coolers or food to be brought in from outside the park. However, plastic bottled water or small individual serving portion snacks are permitted. No glass or plastic straws or lids please! Also, special diet items for guests and children with medical conditions are permitted but coolers used for this purpose cannot exceed the size of a soft-sided 6-pack. The necessity of bringing a cooler is to keep certain diet food items at a certain temperature. Snacks are usually well kept at room temperature and can be stores in a regular bag.

Thank you again for contacting us at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment®. We hope to see you soon!

FWIW--Here is the response that I got which differs slighlty from what is posted online:

Thank you for contacting our SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment® family of parks. We appreciate your questions; they are valuable in helping us improve our high level of service that we strive to provide.

SeaWorld® Orlando does not have picnic facilities available inside and does not allow coolers or food to be brought in from outside the park. However, plastic bottled water or small individual serving portion snacks are permitted. No glass or plastic straws or lids please! Also, special diet items for guests and children with medical conditions are permitted but coolers used for this purpose cannot exceed the size of a soft-sided 6-pack. The necessity of bringing a cooler is to keep certain diet food items at a certain temperature. Snacks are usually well kept at room temperature and can be stores in a regular bag.

Thank you again for contacting us at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment®. We hope to see you soon!

Thanks for the update :thumbsup2 . I am glad they got back to you fairly quickly with an answer (and super appreciative that you came back to share it with the rest of us....that's awesome!).

I have a few more questions (go figure )..any suggestions on a good location to request for a standard cabana? Also we have a 5th person traveling with us how do we buy their way into the cabana?

I have a few more questions (go figure )..any suggestions on a good location to request for a standard cabana? Also we have a 5th person traveling with us how do we buy their way into the cabana?

To add an extra person, you will have to call Aquatica and let them know you will be having an additional occupant. I am not sure if they will bill you in advance (assuming you call them beforehand) or at the time you claim your cabana. Cabana guests are identified via a wristband, so they will only issue you a max. of 4 when your cabana is assigned unless you pay the additional fee.

We have been in the Uluwatu section each time, and we really liked it. The location is excellent.....right by the wave pools, close to the washrooms (but not too close, if you know what I mean), adjacent to one of the slide groupings (Omaka Rocka, etc.) and a short walk to the Waterstone Grill and one of the Roa's Rapids entrances. The are is really pretty and secluded......its a great place for an afternoon siesta! We are hoping to be assigned to Uluwatu again when we go in August :thumbsup2 .

Gina,
Where else are the standard and pool view cabanas located? On a map and google earth, I can locate the location you mention, but can't seem to locate any others.

Gina,
Where else are the standard and pool view cabanas located? On a map and google earth, I can locate the location you mention, but can't seem to locate any others.

I honestly have no idea. I know there is a second area (called the "Yallingud" cabanas.....or something close to that....my spelling might be off) but having never been assigned to that particular section, I don't know where it is. So sorry I could not be more help!!!

I honestly have no idea. I know there is a second area (called the "Yallingud" cabanas.....or something close to that....my spelling might be off) but having never been assigned to that particular section, I don't know where it is. So sorry I could not be more help!!!

They posted the prices for cabanas for our trip. :scared1: I know they say "Starting at $59",but holy cow! A standard cabana for Sat. March 29 is $199. I know it is spring break, but it isn't Easter week! Am I missing something? I wasn't prepared for that price tag. I am so bummed b/c it is not something I can justify spending that much on. I was prepared to spend about $100 on it. Feeling :sad2:

They posted the prices for cabanas for our trip. :scared1: I know they say "Starting at $59",but holy cow! A standard cabana for Sat. March 29 is $199. I know it is spring break, but it isn't Easter week! Am I missing something? I wasn't prepared for that price tag. I am so bummed b/c it is not something I can justify spending that much on. I was prepared to spend about $100 on it. Feeling :sad2:

Geez Louise!!! That's horrible! :headache:

We have only ever paid max $89 (one was $89, one time was $45, and one time was only $30....yep, $30!). Our date for August is currently $99 but will be $89 if we decide to purchase an annual pass (still mulling that one over).

I am sorry the pricing is so poor for your dates. I can only guess that park numbers must be projected as pretty darn high for that time period. $200 for a day would put it out of my budget, too.

Geez Louise!!! That's horrible! :headache:

We have only ever paid max $89 (one was $89, one time was $45, and one time was only $30....yep, $30!). Our date for August is currently $99 but will be $89 if we decide to purchase an annual pass (still mulling that one over).

I am sorry the pricing is so poor for your dates. I can only guess that park numbers must be projected as pretty darn high for that time period. $200 for a day would put it out of my budget, too.

Is there any chance that the prices will go down? Not to dwell on the negative, but with all of the Blackfish publicity, I find it odd that the cabanas are so highly priced. Is it possible that the cabana prices will go down if there is projection of lower park numbers?

Is there any chance that the prices will go down? Not to dwell on the negative, but with all of the Blackfish publicity, I find it odd that the cabanas are so highly priced. Is it possible that the cabana prices will go down if there is projection of lower park numbers?

That's a good question. My best guess is no, though. I haven't seen our reservations decline in price anytime we have booked. I would love to know, though, why your particular week is so horrible for cost :confused3. Its only that one week (your travel dates) that seems to be affected...those prior and afterward aren't nearly as bad. I am baffled :confused: .

That's a good question. My best guess is no, though. I haven't seen our reservations decline in price anytime we have booked. I would love to know, though, why your particular week is so horrible for cost :confused3. Its only that one week (your travel dates) that seems to be affected...those prior and afterward aren't nearly as bad. I am baffled :confused: .

The only thing I see is that it was Easter weekend in 2013, but that shouldn't affect 2014.

Waaahhhhh:sad:

My date for a cabana at AQ is 199$$$$ Looks like we'll be schlepping it around the park!!!!!!

That really stinks!!

Waaahhhhh:sad:

My date for a cabana at AQ is 199$$$$ Looks like we'll be schlepping it around the park!!!!!!

That really stinks!!

:headache: I am so sorry to hear that.

Geez, I almost think I should go ahead and book my date now while the price is still so low. Just in case. This thread is giving me cabana paranoia!!!! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter