Cakes and Napoleons and F&W, oh my! Planning our Disney wedding!! UPDATED 9/15!!!

Love the shower pics.

I can't believe that is the only place you can have a wedding in the MK...seems really limited....you would think with enough money you could have it in front of the Castle.

Some of these days I have to try the Toffee Cake at LTT.

So sad this trip is over....Ready for the wedding!

Jill in CO

Sounds like a great ending to the trip. That was adorable of the CM to give yall the ornament! I hope everything's going smoothly for the wedding!

Nice ending to your trip, that was a nice sprinkle of pixie dust from the waitress!

Glad you didn't have any damage from Sandy.

Great shower pics! I love the bow hat!

Hey Sara,

(You aren't the worst Dis-er... -that would be me... or we can arm wrestle for the title...:rotfl2:)

We have our very first CP breakfast scheduled next month... I hope it's good...:worried: -so sorry you had issues... (I've had issues about the large Pooh characters for years... but I'm trying to grow and develop... ;) so I bit the bullet and scheduled it...

LTT--- such a sentimental favorite... I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there...

Pretty Shower Cake...:goodvibes -Shower means Wedding sneaking up...:teeth:

That is an AMAZING hat. You can wear that anywhere and it goes with everything. :rotfl:

Glad you didn't have any damage from the storm.

Can't until the wedding trip report!!!!

I'm still here too!
I like the "message board" - my scrabble game would get a lot more use like that!

So your planning trip has ended, now you'll have to tell us what else you've been up to!

Cute shower "hat!"

Don't feel bad about the gap in updates. Everyone on here gets super busy and has to put the DIS on the back burner for awhile. I remember when I was wedding planning I had zero free time to jump on the computer. :goodvibes I hope everything is going well as far as preparations go.

I have to agree with you, that toffee cake does look delicious! As does the pot roast you ordered. LTT seemed to be a good restaurant choice for that day. :thumbsup2

Yum!!!

Throughout the meal, our server was really sweet and kept calling us "her lovebirds". With dessert, she brought over a bag for us, and said that it was an engagement gift for us.

I don't have a picture of it at the moment (it's packed away with our holiday things), but it was a pretty silver Christmas ornament (I'll take a picture and share with the rest of our souvenirs post). It was totally sweet and unexpected of her, and was a nice sprinkling of pixie dust before we headed back home. :goodvibes

How sweet!

And then...sadly...our trip had to come to an end...

Noooooo!

Just getting all caught up - sad to see your TR come to an end, it's been so fun! Hope the wedding planning is going well!! :goodvibes And YUM to the breakfast at Crystal Palace (I thought your up-do was really cute!) and the one and only Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

Speaking of Magic Kingdom weddings, it reminded me of a wedding report I read about a couple that did manage to have their ceremony in front of Cinderella Castle. They had a website where they told all about it (had to go look it up on google, here it is: http://www.sarahandfred.com/). It sounds like they kinda had to fight for it...it is too bad Disney doesn't let people have a castle wedding in the ordinary course of things! :sad2:

Aw cute wedding shower pictures! I hope you had an amazing time!

It's so strange to me that you can't get married in front of the castle. I mean, you have to do it before park opening either way so I don't get it :confused3

We had lunch at LTT on our last day in January too and ordered the pot roast as well :rotfl: It really was so delicious!

Oh gosh the gas situation was so so crazy! I couldn't believe it- I hope I never live through anything like that again!

I'm sad that your trip is over but I really enjoyed reading about it! :goodvibes

Cute shower pictures :) your ribbon/bow bouquet is huge and adorable!!! LoL

Aww that was so sweet of them to give an ornament!!!!

Nice ending to the trip! Glad no damage done at your place either!

Welcome back!

I had no idea that was the only location for a wedding at MK. Sort of a neat idea if you are really into the MK.

Cute shower hat. You look like you can barely hold it up its so big. :rotfl2:

Yum - the oozy, gooey cake. Looks so good right now.

October will be here before you know it! :yay::yay::yay:

What a great ending to the trip! How sweet of the CM to give you guys an ornament.

We're trying LTT for the first time next month. Excited to try it since everyone seems to love it!

Hi Sara! Thanks for the update! Love your bow hat :thumbsup2 hehehe
How adorable of the waitress at LTT to give you an engagement gift! :goodvibes
Great ending, so happy to hear you had no damage to your place.
Now I really can't wait for the next report!!

I want to be at magic Kingdom right now. (I am a little behind)
I love the oooey gooey toffee thingy. LOL. So delicious.
We filled our tank when we hear about a possible storm and am so glad we did.
Can’t wait to see the souvenirs.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us and best wishes for a long and happy life for you and your soon to be husband!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter