Cakes and Napoleons and F&W, oh my! Planning our Disney wedding!! UPDATED 9/15!!!

I've not been around these parts much at all, either...but I just sat down and got caught up on your TR in one shot. :goodvibes I love a good Stringbean TR and this was one was even better with all the wedding planning. Your engagement pictures got me a bit teary...they really are beautiful and how incredible to have the opportunity to have them done in WS??!! So many things I wish I had known about Disney...the college program...getting married there... :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about the wedding and see you in your dress; no doubt you will be a beautiful bride! :bride: (I'm going smilie crazy today.) Enjoy your summer!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since he proposed! Your wedding will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

Can't wait to see your souvies! :thumbsup2

I'm just catching up, but it looks like you had a great shower! That's a creative idea to have a scrabble thingy up, how cute.

I didn't know that about weddings only being at Swan Boat Landing, nor did I know that's what it was called! Interesting.

LTT looks so good, I can't believe I have yet to try it, and how nice to get that ornament at the end! Sounds like the perfect way to end the trip.

I'm so glad you didn't experience any Sandy damage! That was just such a crazy time.

Before you know it, the wedding will be here! AHH. So exciting. I can not wait to hear all about this.

All caught up. You definitely aren't the worst diser ever, life gets in the way and unfortunately we all have to take time away from doing the fun stuff! Your shower pictures were really cute :) I hope that things are going well!

I'm the worst Dis'r! I haven't updated my TR in MONTHS! I'm hoping for this week to get back to it but thought I would catch up on others TR's first.

Your wedding must be getting close! How exciting! I can't wait to read all about it!

Hey Stringbean! Just dropping by to say :wave2: in case you ever stop by the DIS boards these days.

I hope all the wedding plans are going great. Would love to hear how things are going! :flower3:

Hi Sara!!! Love the bow/ribbon headpiece, it's so you! How exciting that the countdown for you two "love birds" is moving along and you are getting closer to your special day! Thanks for sharing some of your shower photos.

Awwww man, you mean they won't do weddings right in front of the castle? That's where I would want to declare my love! Personally, I think you have a lovely location selected by BW. :)

LTT is one of my favorite restaurants and the toffee cake is definitely the BEST dessert at MK! Glad to see that great taste buds think alike! :thumbsup2

I'm glad Sandy didn't disrupt things too much for your return.

I'm looking forward to hearing more and I will be super excited when I see a new TR! (you WILL do that won't you?? ;))

Hahaha yes, I think it’s so subtly elegant…just like me… ;)

I know I’ve seen weddings in front of the castle in Disneyland, but not in the World! Aww thanks!!

We really liked LTT, I’m glad we finally gave it a try!

Yes, that is the plan!! :)

Welcome back to the land of your TR!

Hope you had a wonderful shower! :bride:

How sweet of the CM to give you that ornament!

Haha thanks!! Too bad I didn’t stick around for very long!

It was really sweet of her!

Love the shower pics.

I can't believe that is the only place you can have a wedding in the MK...seems really limited....you would think with enough money you could have it in front of the Castle.

Some of these days I have to try the Toffee Cake at LTT.

So sad this trip is over....Ready for the wedding!

Jill in CO

Thanks!! I’m sure it has something to do with logistics, I’m sure with ENOUGH money you could do pretty much anything though hahaha!

You should - it’s really good!!

Sounds like a great ending to the trip. That was adorable of the CM to give yall the ornament! I hope everything's going smoothly for the wedding!

It was really sweet of her, and a nice ending to the trip!! Thanks!

Nice ending to your trip, that was a nice sprinkle of pixie dust from the waitress!

Glad you didn't have any damage from Sandy.

Great shower pics! I love the bow hat!

Yes, it was a nice bit of pixie dust!! :)

Thanks!! :)

Hey Sara,

(You aren't the worst Dis-er... -that would be me... or we can arm wrestle for the title...:rotfl2:)

We have our very first CP breakfast scheduled next month... I hope it's good...:worried: -so sorry you had issues... (I've had issues about the large Pooh characters for years... but I'm trying to grow and develop... ;) so I bit the bullet and scheduled it...

LTT--- such a sentimental favorite... I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there...

Pretty Shower Cake...:goodvibes -Shower means Wedding sneaking up...:teeth:

Hahaha no, I’m pretty sure at this point I’m the worst, hands down!!

We really like Crystal Palace for breakfast, it’s a nice way to start a MK day! We had a great meal at LTT, I’m glad we finally gave it a try!

Thanks!! Yes, it is!! :)

That is an AMAZING hat. You can wear that anywhere and it goes with everything. :rotfl:

Glad you didn't have any damage from the storm.

Can't until the wedding trip report!!!!

That’s what I’m thinking! It has a lot of potential to be my new grocery store hat! Hahahaha.

I'm still here too!
I like the "message board" - my scrabble game would get a lot more use like that!

So your planning trip has ended, now you'll have to tell us what else you've been up to!

Cute shower "hat!"

Yeah, my parents have a lot of fun with that message board, every time we go over there’s a cute new little message up!

Haha thanks!

Great TR!

Glad to hear there was no damage where you were.

Thanks! :)

Don't feel bad about the gap in updates. Everyone on here gets super busy and has to put the DIS on the back burner for awhile. I remember when I was wedding planning I had zero free time to jump on the computer. :goodvibes I hope everything is going well as far as preparations go.

I have to agree with you, that toffee cake does look delicious! As does the pot roast you ordered. LTT seemed to be a good restaurant choice for that day. :thumbsup2

I know, I wish I could be around more often but my internet time seems to be more and more limited as the wedding gets closer!! Thanks!

It really was delicious, we had a great meal!!

Yum!!!

How sweet!

Noooooo!

Hahaha it’s always sad when the trip has to come to an end, even when it is ended with a great meal!

Just getting all caught up - sad to see your TR come to an end, it's been so fun! Hope the wedding planning is going well!! :goodvibes And YUM to the breakfast at Crystal Palace (I thought your up-do was really cute!) and the one and only Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

Speaking of Magic Kingdom weddings, it reminded me of a wedding report I read about a couple that did manage to have their ceremony in front of Cinderella Castle. They had a website where they told all about it (had to go look it up on google, here it is: http://www.sarahandfred.com/). It sounds like they kinda had to fight for it...it is too bad Disney doesn't let people have a castle wedding in the ordinary course of things! :sad2:

Thanks!! Yes, it was a day of great MK meals!!

That’s really cool that they were able to have their wedding in front of the Castle! I’m sure there’s some sort of logistical thing that prevents the Castle from being a standard ceremony location.

Thanks for the TR Sara! We're all still following along.

Happy wedding planning!

Thanks!!

Aw cute wedding shower pictures! I hope you had an amazing time!

It's so strange to me that you can't get married in front of the castle. I mean, you have to do it before park opening either way so I don't get it :confused3

We had lunch at LTT on our last day in January too and ordered the pot roast as well :rotfl: It really was so delicious!

Oh gosh the gas situation was so so crazy! I couldn't believe it- I hope I never live through anything like that again!

I'm sad that your trip is over but I really enjoyed reading about it! :goodvibes

Thanks!! I know, I’m sure there’s a good reason you can’t!

It was really good, wasn’t it??

I know, I’m SO glad we didn’t have to get gas during the worst of that! It was crazy!!

Cute shower pictures :) your ribbon/bow bouquet is huge and adorable!!! LoL

Aww that was so sweet of them to give an ornament!!!!

Nice ending to the trip! Glad no damage done at your place either!

Thanks!! Hahaha I’m so fashionable always haha!

It was really sweet of her!! :)

Welcome back!

I had no idea that was the only location for a wedding at MK. Sort of a neat idea if you are really into the MK.

Cute shower hat. You look like you can barely hold it up its so big. :rotfl2:

Yum - the oozy, gooey cake. Looks so good right now.

October will be here before you know it! :yay::yay::yay:

Thank you!! (If only for that short amount of time haha!)

It is a cool idea!

Hahaha my maids of honor made it very large and elaborate!!

Oh how I wish I had that cake right now!

What a great ending to the trip! How sweet of the CM to give you guys an ornament.

We're trying LTT for the first time next month. Excited to try it since everyone seems to love it!

Thanks! It was really sweet of her!

I hope you enjoyed your meal (because I’m THIS delayed in my responses I’m sure you’ve already posted about your meal haha!)

Very cute wedding pics! :)

Thanks!!

Hi Sara! Thanks for the update! Love your bow hat :thumbsup2 hehehe
How adorable of the waitress at LTT to give you an engagement gift! :goodvibes
Great ending, so happy to hear you had no damage to your place.
Now I really can't wait for the next report!!

Thanks!!!

It was really sweet of her!!

I want to be at magic Kingdom right now. (I am a little behind)
I love the oooey gooey toffee thingy. LOL. So delicious.
We filled our tank when we hear about a possible storm and am so glad we did.
Can’t wait to see the souvenirs.

I think I’m the worst right now at being behind on the Dis, no worries!!

That cake is delicious!

That’s a good thing that you filled up before the storm – those gas lines were ridiculous!!

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us and best wishes for a long and happy life for you and your soon to be husband!

Thank you!! :)

LOVE the hat! Congratulations again!!!

Haha thanks!!

I've not been around these parts much at all, either...but I just sat down and got caught up on your TR in one shot. :goodvibes I love a good Stringbean TR and this was one was even better with all the wedding planning. Your engagement pictures got me a bit teary...they really are beautiful and how incredible to have the opportunity to have them done in WS??!! So many things I wish I had known about Disney...the college program...getting married there... :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about the wedding and see you in your dress; no doubt you will be a beautiful bride! :bride: (I'm going smilie crazy today.) Enjoy your summer!

Awww you’re so sweet!! :) I wish I’ve been able to be around more on the Dis lately, I feel so bad being so behind on everyone’s tales!

There really are some fun and magical things that you can do at Disney, and it’s great how you can learn so much about them here on the Dis! I definitely wish I had known about the College Program earlier, how cool does that sound??

Thank you, thank you!! :)

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since he proposed! Your wedding will be here before you know it! :goodvibes

Can't wait to see your souvies! :thumbsup2

I KNOW! Time is really flying!! Thanks!! :)

I'm just catching up, but it looks like you had a great shower! That's a creative idea to have a scrabble thingy up, how cute.

I didn't know that about weddings only being at Swan Boat Landing, nor did I know that's what it was called! Interesting.

LTT looks so good, I can't believe I have yet to try it, and how nice to get that ornament at the end! Sounds like the perfect way to end the trip.

I'm so glad you didn't experience any Sandy damage! That was just such a crazy time.

Before you know it, the wedding will be here! AHH. So exciting. I can not wait to hear all about this.

Thanks!!

It is a cute little tucked-away area! You should definitely give LTT a try, we really enjoyed it!

All caught up. You definitely aren't the worst diser ever, life gets in the way and unfortunately we all have to take time away from doing the fun stuff! Your shower pictures were really cute :) I hope that things are going well!

No, I’m pretty sure I am!! Hahaha.

Thanks! J

I'm the worst Dis'r! I haven't updated my TR in MONTHS! I'm hoping for this week to get back to it but thought I would catch up on others TR's first.

Your wedding must be getting close! How exciting! I can't wait to read all about it!

I’m still pretty sure I’m winning the worst Dis member award! I haven’t read anyone’s TR in SO long!!

Hey Stringbean! Just dropping by to say :wave2: in case you ever stop by the DIS boards these days.

I hope all the wedding plans are going great. Would love to hear how things are going! :flower3:

Hey Mary Ellen!!! I do stop by VERY infrequently (I think this is my second time on the TR board since June!), I miss you guys!!

Thanks!!

Hey Scott!! :goodvibes

Can I start off this post by saying how awesome you all are? I, in my apparent quest to become the absolute worst Dis’r ever, haven’t been on the TR boards more than 3 times since JUNE…but here you all are, still posting away on this trip report of mine that’s so old it probably thinks slap bracelets and Tamogatchis are still in style.

(What? They aren’t?)

Thank you all for being so sweet and patient with me while I pretty much do everything EXCEPT post on the Disboards. The wedding seems like it’s defying the laws of time and space with the way time has been rocketing towards October (NEXT MONTH!!!), and since Wingnut and I have, you know, been pretty much doing absolutely nothing at all :-)rolleyes1), we decided to ALSO start the adventure of house hunting.

Well, why not? ;)

(Totally serious though, we really have been having fun with all of the wedding related projects, and house hunting is a fun adventure in and of itself haha.)

The to-do list keeps getting shorter as the wedding gets closer. Marriage license – check. Honeymoon plans – check.

Oh, and ADR for California Grill? FINALLY…check! :banana::banana::banana:

I’d like to say that this post will start me being more active on the Dis and I’ll finally catch up with all of your I’m-sure-they-are-great TR’s (that I’m sure you have going)….but based on my recent activity stats and the looks of my monthly planner, I’m going to pretty much put it out there and guess that this is going to be one of my last posts before the wedding.

Please don’t take me not being around and posting on your TR’s as me not wanting to though! I can’t wait until I’m all caught up here again – I miss you guys!! :grouphug:

Lots of love and pixie dust,

Stringbean :wizard:

Can I start off this post by saying how awesome you all are? I, in my apparent quest to become the absolute worst Dis’r ever, haven’t been on the TR boards more than 3 times since JUNE…but here you all are, still posting away on this trip report of mine that’s so old it probably thinks slap bracelets and Tamogatchis are still in style.

(What? They aren’t?)

:cool1: Woo Hoo! A Post! While I was on the DIS boards yesterday I was thinking about you and seriously wondering if you would come back and post AFTER the wedding. You must have read my mind!

So happy to hear from you! You must be getting so super excited about the wedding. :hyper: It's literally right around the corner.

So glad your Cali Grille ADR come through!

Good luck with the house hunting. That must be fun.

Great to hear from you. Good luck with all the wedding planning and house hunting. The DIS will be here when things slow down. And we'll be anxiously awaiting wedding pictures! :hug:

PS: hurrah for California Grill! The new menu looks scrumptious!

Good to hear from you! House hunting is exciting. Hope you get just the right one. Looking forward to wedding pictures and trip pictures yet to come! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Having gotten married a few years ago, I figured you'd be insanely busy up until your actual wedding. With all that's going on in your life, it's completely understandable that your DIS time has all but disappeared. Don't feel bad, we all get it. :) Whenever you do make it back here after all the excitement has died down, I look forward to hearing about your Disney wedding and seeing some pics! :goodvibes

Good luck with the house hunting! That is definitely an adventure.

And since you likely won't be back until after the wedding...

Have a wonderful and special day!!! I can't wait to see pictures! (you will be sharing them, yes?)

I hope you have an absolutely wonderful wedding! I'm not sure exactly what day it is in October but I will wave if I see any weddings happening there! We are there the 18-28 this year! I know we just missed you last year when you were there for your planning session!

I agree with the PP's! Enjoy your wedding! We can't wait to hear all about it once its over.

Hey! I'll be in the world from the 18th to the 28th too!

Jill in CO

House hunting is a full time job almost!

Good luck with that and good luck on the final countdown to the wedding.

We will be here waiting to here from you when you get back!

It was so good to "see" you! I know that the wedding planning and the house hunting are taking up all of your time. Ya'll have a great wedding and find the perfect home. We'll be here when you slow down a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter