• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Screamin' still down in mid-September??? I am SOOO bummed!

Michelle2

Visited every Disney park in the world :)
I thought for sure that the kinks would be worked out on California Screamin by then. Since it was a computer glitch, I thought over a month would be plenty of time to work it out? But on the Disneyland calendar when I was checking for September's park schedule, it has California Screamin still down for refurbishment all the month of September. I was assuming all of August definitely, but not September too....

Sorry I know that Disney is concerned about safety, but I am just a little bummed since it is one of our favorites....just venting. Also wanted to inform anyone else going at that time.

I would have been shocked if it had been open in Sept. In fact, I'd be shocked if it opened before Christmas. I expect it'll be 6 months at least before it's open.

We are going to be in DL from Sept. 10-15, and this is something of a bummer. I guess it will just mean we'll have to come back when they have it up and running again. My kids will be relieved in a way, not to have to make the decision to go on it or not. They want to look cool in the eyes of their older cousins, but they each harbor a secret terror of the roller coaster. :rolleyes1

I'm bummed too. We leave Saturday for our first visit ever and were really looking forward to riding it. DD will be bummed.

Well,I guess this will give me reason to go back to DL again sometime. I was dying to ride this!!!! :(

And I am going to be there Sept 17-24th, looks like I have to schedule a future trip myself, can't complain tho, lol! Might be one year in November for my birthday!

Jules

I'll just cross my fingers that it will re-open in October before we get there. It was my absolute favorite ride at DL/DCA!!!

Actually, I just looked at disneyland.com and it is showing it closed all the way thru November 30th... :sad2:

I'll try and stay hopeful that they will get the computer stuff fixed before then... :badpc:

We to will be there 15-21 September, travelling from Australia, so it won't be so easy to come back so soon!!!!

Where on the website does it show the refurbishment schedule?

Usually when a ride goes down for something like this DL lists it as TBD. So you will see it on the rehab schedule for all months until they actually announce a data it may open. At this point it is too soon to tell. The state (DOSH) is still conducting their investiagation, so until the state completes the investionation, there can be no speculation of when the ride will reopen.

Donna

This really sucks...........I've checked their calendar a hundred times and nothing was listed for Rehab. Low and behold I check today and I find out that California Screamin' is going to be down for my 8/30-9/4 trip. What a BUMMER....I even changed my flight and paid a penalty so my daughter can join me on this trip, and she's a roller coaster fan.

This really took the Magic out of our tip. Like how long have they know it would be down? Or should I say still down, by the sound of some of the postings.

b4u2love said:
This really sucks...........I've checked their calendar a hundred times and nothing was listed for Rehab. Low and behold I check today and I find out that California Screamin' is going to be down for my 8/30-9/4 trip. What a BUMMER....I even changed my flight and paid a penalty so my daughter can join me on this trip, and she's a roller coaster fan.

This really took the Magic out of our tip. Like how long have they know it would be down? Or should I say still down, by the sound of some of the postings.

There was an accident this past week.

We were at DL in late 2004 when TMR had a similar fender bender, and they closed it for 90 days. We were told that the time frame had to do with investigating the incident, and something about an osha related requirement for minimum closure after an accident (but that may have been just because of the prior more serious accident on TMR). Who knows... that info could just have been a rumor.

Time will tell :hourglass

The state has to conduct their investigation. Then they give a list of fixes to Disneyland. Disneyland must implement the changes and do complete testing of the attraction. The state then comes in to verify the fixes. My guess is the holiday season.

Vanvmom said:
We were at DL in late 2004 when TMR had a similar fender bender, and they closed it for 90 days. We were told that the time frame had to do with investigating the incident, and something about an osha related requirement for minimum closure after an accident (but that may have been just because of the prior more serious accident on TMR). Who knows... that info could just have been a rumor.

Time will tell :hourglass

Actually, it was closed for 6 months, I would expect a minimum of a 6 month closure, if not longer, we will see, but I would expect Monster's Inc. to open first.

This is a bummer. I was really looking forward to this ride
Oh Well - Plenty of other stuff to do!!

Well, I was at Disneyland today and when I was at City Hall, the CM's said that Screamin' is not scheduled to re-open until (gulp) 2007. Yup, 2007.

They take it very seriously when there is an accident like that.
(and that's not to say it won't reopen sooner, but that is what they are telling guests at the moment.)

Relax and enjoy life!
Califgirl

At this point in time, unless Disney already has plans to change the ride, there is no way to tell when it might reopen. As far as I know the investigation is not complete. Once it is complete THEN they may be able to project an open date but not before.
I never got a chance to go on it when we were there for the anniversary. I missed that, as well as soarin'.

cmwade77 said:
Actually, it was closed for 6 months

The fatal accident closed it for a long period of time (I believe that may have been the 6 month closure). We were in the park and rode the ride the day that the train coming into the station hit the train still in the station. Of course the ride closed. It was determined to be operator error (a CM did not follow all the procedures for adding a train to the ride). We were there again a few months later and rode the ride again-don't remember it being 6 months, but who knows.

IMO, CA Screamin was due for refurbishment and I think it was held off because of the 50th celebration. When we were last at DCA there was only 1 train our of 4 that the music worked on during our trip. Just my opinion though... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter