• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Screamin' still down in mid-September??? I am SOOO bummed!

Boy, was I mad at my husband! He heard about the accident on Saturday and never told me. And unfornuately, I was away from the DIS for a few days due to work. What a bummer! But we both agree that we would prefer to miss it now anyway. I don't know if I would feel to comfortable riding it if it reopened 2 weeks after the accident. Oh well, we've never been to DL. So I am sure there will be plenty for us to do. We do love rollercoasters though!

We are going to be there Aug 28 - Sept 5 and both my Dh and I love that ride. I didn't tell him either!!! I did'nt want him to be mad that it was down!

What a bummer

As if DCA didn't have enough problems with attendance. I was lucky enough to ride it last Wednesday. Looks like a while before I'll be able to do it again.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I mean we will go regardless, but I knew with alot of people not liking DCA and attendance being a problem for Disney, I was wondering what they could do to help the situation if it is down for awhile.....

Yes, I'm a bit bummed but it's understandable. And I was looking foward to this ride too!

On the bright side, at least Space Mountain will be opened. The one and only time I was there before, it was closed...

Califgirl said:
Well, I was at Disneyland today and when I was at City Hall, the CM's said that Screamin' is not scheduled to re-open until (gulp) 2007. Yup, 2007.

They take it very seriously when there is an accident like that.
(and that's not to say it won't reopen sooner, but that is what they are telling guests at the moment.)

Relax and enjoy life!
Califgirl

As I mentioned previously when a ride goes down suddenly, or they've shut a rdie down and don't know when it will reopen they either list it at TBD, or sometimes give some bogus date like 1/1/2007. The CMs all get a weekly schedule of what is going on and all rehabs and closures are listed in there, usually with a date, sometimes with TBD. So being told 2007, just means that's what they're currently listing it as. That does not mean it is a hard date. An open date won't be determined until the investigation is complete and they determine what types of fixes (and how) are necessary. If it's a computer glitch then they've got to figure out what went wrong and how to fix that.

As for BTMR being closed it was closed for a long time for the fatal crash (I actually thought it was longer than 6 months but maybe not). Then not too long after it reopened there was a fender bender due to operator error. This time it reopened pretty quickly.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter