Call your shot (NBA)

Can we talk about a minority OWNER of the Warriors shoving and cussing out Lowry when he dove for that loose ball ? :sad2:
When DH and I watched the replay early this morning we were disgusted that a fan would act that way. You’re sitting courtside pal ... how can you be that riled up ?
But to find out it was an Owner ?!?! No freaking excuse and the one year ban is way way too light in my opinion.

Actually I will go further on this point.

I want Durant and Thompson back. I believe we are capable.

And of course I want Leonard 100%. And am dying to see Anunoby in the playoffs.
I believe we are capable too. And I want Durant and Thompson back as well . We will never hear the end of it if we win without them . This isn’t a fluke . We’re playing our game and can do this.
Some commentator said today “ Well Steph tried his best but he’s only one man “. Ummm,, last I checked they have a bench full of pro level players. So get Durant and Thompson back in if you’re saying it’s the only way you can win and let’s do this.

I absolutely love Hockey Night in Canada Punjabi Version!! I would take them over Don Cherry anytime, lol.

Loved the game last night. I think Durant isn’t coming back for the playoffs, but that’s my opinion.

As for the pushing of Lowry, I think a one year ban is suffice, i don’t think they could ban forever. I agree there was no excuse, but now I’m kind of .. what will Drake do...

I am not sure how many Canadians know Hockey Night In Canada : Punjabi Edition exists.

I watch it from time to time - it's a hoot.

Raptor fever has hit Halifax too - and our house. We don't usually watch basketball but we have jumped on the bandwagon. All the bars are showing the games and there have been all-ages street parties to watch downtown.

I hope the building stops attacking the commentators!

M.

A little OT but your comment simply made me think of this -
View attachment 406753

I am not sure how many Canadians know Hockey Night In Canada : Punjabi Edition exists.

I have never played Annette. But I do back the ball right into the net really well during intense nerf basketball! And have been at Raptors games since the very beginning, at the Skydome.

So whatever it is worth-

Let's start with VanVleet, who I couldn't shut up about on last year's NBA thread - adore him, and compare him to Leonard.

VanVleet's skills are pure drive and heart - he's scrappy - they do not come from pure athleticism.

Athleticism, at times super-human athleticism, is Kawhi in a nutshell (That's not to say he doesn't have intense drive but he has crazy athletic skills)

Here is his game -

* As Hikergirl said he is not having his normal game in this series. I have gone further and said he is injured/not 100%. Yet he still adds to other parts of the game (some fold when off their offense/injured)

*you can see something is not right in his legs - normal speed not there and elevation/power on the boards

*most superstars are named that due to offense (think Steph Curry). Leonard's d is unbelievable. Watch how he traps people.

*his unbelievable physical strength to the basket.

*Watch his rebounding on both ends. Sometimes he rebounds his own missed shots right from under players already perfectly set for the rebounds. Some thinking they have boxed out all others.

*the man is an illusionist Annette - this is what makes him a superstar. All stars do not care if they are double teamed or even if there are even more trying to get them in the lane - it is like it doesn't matter for them. Like them, his focus is his only who cares who is there - focus to the basket. It is like the other players blocking his path have zero impact to him - he makes it look like that. I thought it was complete ******** when people were saying Warriors stopped him on D in game two. Nope. Normally that has no impact for him. He either had a bad game or injured.

*he is a patient player. Lets the game come to him. Seemingly puts zero pressure on himself clock wise.

*some great feeding/assists.

*WATCH HIS HANDS! WATCH HIS HANDS! Even in last nights game I pressed rewind on him twice. I find it hard to believe he is human with those hands - he extends for the ball in ways that are not of this earth. Insert wink!

*left-handed dunks!!!!! What the hell!?!?! He uses his opposite hand like no other. Obviously he worked very hard on that in his youth (a skill good coaches push). He also uses his left with lay-ups to create room around the basket.

Unlike Stephen A. Smith I know what a talent the man is!

:rotfl2::thumbsup2

I am unsure who said it. But most say that because the skill level of the Warriors, the ability to take over a game in the blink of an eye, and momentum. Momentum is huge in basketball. But most have not seen the Raptors all season either, our play in early series was not our normal. And although regular season is not playoff ball we beat Golden State both games. One in OT if my memory is good (ie. staying focused under pressure)

Last night was really like a game one. We started a best of five, with the split in Toronto.

Low-key was cheering for both Milwaukee and Toronto early on. And has no love for Golden State.

And even felt for Toronto all those years that we had to deal with Cleveland, over and over and over.

My apologies kimblebee if you were being facetious. Or you knew all the above.

I wasn’t being facetious, I didn’t know. I’m too new to this thread. I will be honest, I just have the games on in the background, I don’t actively watch so I missed an owner shoving a player. I get the finals of any sport are emotional and intense but geez.

Can we talk about a minority OWNER of the Warriors shoving and cussing out Lowry when he dove for that loose ball ? :sad2:
When DH and I watched the replay early this morning we were disgusted that a fan would act that way. You’re sitting courtside pal ... how can you be that riled up ?
But to find out it was an Owner ?!?! No freaking excuse and the one year ban is way way too light in my opinion.

Not a good night for GSW ownership in general. Apparently, the Internet jumped all over the wife of one of the other owners when she appeared to talk over top of Beyonce and got the perceived 'side eye' from B.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/warrio...once-supporters-went-after-her-171135956.html
Turns out, after death threats and crap like that, Beyonce and Jay Z were guests of the owner and his wife and she was asking Jay Z if he wanted a drink. :headache:

The Internet is a strange and dangerous thing. :sad2:

Not a good night for GSW ownership in general. Apparently, the Internet jumped all over the wife of one of the other owners when she appeared to talk over top of Beyonce and got the perceived 'side eye' from B.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/warrio...once-supporters-went-after-her-171135956.html
Turns out, after death threats and crap like that, Beyonce and Jay Z were guests of the owner and his wife and she was asking Jay Z if he wanted a drink. :headache:

Her fans are waaaaaay over the top.

and dont let them tell you its cause they injured, one time GS barley beat us in a championship series when we didnt have Love or Irving, injured for series, and they went around with there chest all puffed up, I still want to puke
THE NACL, IT BURNS!!!! At least the Warriors fans puffed up their chests when their team won. Here you are puffing up your chest when your team is long since out on the golf course.

Oh and Irving and Love can't hold the jocks of Durant and Thompson. No way do those losses equate. And the Warriors have lost Loony too and several playing are hobbled.

yeah baby, stick the stake in their cold dark heart

Dear Guinness Book of World Records:
I am pleased to inform you that I have discovered that denatonium benzoate is no longer the bitterest thing on Earth.

I will be waiting tonight for my favourite person in the world, Jeff Van Gundy, to comment.

He was utterly ridiculous with his take on it. I was upset with my dream husband!

I think this situation highlighted how much crap some of these players take. I was pleased that the NBA took such swift action.

Some commentator said today “ Well Steph tried his best but he’s only one man “. Ummm,, last I checked they have a bench full of pro level players.

I am sure Iguodala and Green just loved that. Especially Green. :laughing::thumbsup2

I absolutely love Hockey Night in Canada Punjabi Version!! I would take them over Don Cherry anytime, lol.

Loved the game last night. I think Durant isn’t coming back for the playoffs, but that’s my opinion.

As for the pushing of Lowry, I think a one year ban is suffice, i don’t think they could ban forever. I agree there was no excuse, but now I’m kind of .. what will Drake do...

So happy to hear that people know about Punjabi Edition @maddiel too!

I do wonder about Durant as well. At the time the TNT commentators immediately doubted a calf strain and thought it looked like the achilles. But that was shot down.

It must be BEYOND frustrating to be injured during the playoffs.

I watch it from time to time - it's a hoot.

Raptor fever has hit Halifax too - and our house. We don't usually watch basketball but we have jumped on the bandwagon. All the bars are showing the games and there have been all-ages street parties to watch downtown.

I hope the building stops attacking the commentators!

M.

Nice to hear Maddie. It is unreal to see all the excitement across the country. And nice to see everyone doesn't hate Toronto.
Well, for a minute. :rotfl2:;)

I wasn’t being facetious, I didn’t know. I’m too new to this thread. I will be honest, I just have the games on in the background, I don’t actively watch so I missed an owner shoving a player. I get the finals of any sport are emotional and intense.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some inside joke/teasing. And that I was getting it all wrong. ;)

It is beyond ridiculous and strange. Boy I would hate to have my every move analyzed.

Last edited:
If the NBA ever wanted to end it, they'd get rid of these court side folding chair type seats and have at least a knee wall between the court and the stands like most other professional sports do. So out of one side of their mouth, they're saying don't do this, we cant have that but out of the other side of their mouth they're saying be part of the action and here are some nice folding court side seats if you have the bucks or the clout to get em. And you might get lucky and have one of our superstars fall in your lap!!!! Any other sport you get a fan down out of the stands, they get chased all around by security, tackled, and out they go. In the NBA, they get a stern talking to. As for this case, the only punishment I'd add to that existing is I'd have made him sell his investment in the team. 500k fine for a guy like that is nothing. You want to punish the rich little boy, take away his toy.

If the NBA ever wanted to end it, they'd get rid of these court side folding chair type seats and have at least a knee wall between the court and the stands like most other professional sports do. So out of one side of their mouth, they're saying don't do this, we cant have that but out of the other side of their mouth they're saying be part of the action and here are some nice folding court side seats if you have the bucks or the clout to get em. And you might get lucky and have one of our superstars fall in your lap!!!! Any other sport you get a fan down out of the stands, they get chased all around by security, tackled, and out they go. In the NBA, they get a stern talking to. As for this case, the only punishment I'd add to that existing is I'd have made him sell his investment in the team. 500k fine for a guy like that is nothing. You want to punish the rich little boy, take away his toy.

To be fair (to the NBA), it's one of the only sports I can think of where it's even feasible to have seats like they do. You're not going to have sideline seats at an NFL game or seats on the ice for NHL games. Although I cringe a little every time I see a player go into the stands in the end zone to celebrate a TD. In Cleveland, that's a really good way to smell like Bud Light for the rest of the game (in a best case scenario). :crazy2:

I agree with you that making the guy sell his stake in the team would be the best punishment. It's not even like he was one of the people that Lowry landed on. He just took it as an opportunity to act the part of the big, bad spectator and verbally abuse the guy as well.

I'd have made him sell his investment in the team. 500k fine for a guy like that is nothing. You want to punish the rich little boy, take away his toy.

My guess is that is coming.

He just took it as an opportunity to act the part of the big, bad spectator and verbally abuse the guy as well.

Lowry showed tremendous restraint. I am glad he did, but I couldn't have done it. I can only imagine what words came his way.

If the NBA ever wanted to end it, they'd get rid of these court side folding chair type seats and have at least a knee wall between the court and the stands like most other professional sports do. So out of one side of their mouth, they're saying don't do this, we cant have that but out of the other side of their mouth they're saying be part of the action and here are some nice folding court side seats

The incident highlighted crap that goes on way beyond the push. So there is no reason to get rid of those seats because a miniscule amount of *******s might pay for them. You know that there have been heated incidents above that level.

As for the NBA - I feel that they are one of the better institutions for dealing with incidents swiftly and being firm in their decision-making.

And once again I would bet that they are discussing the minority owner's shares in the team as we speak.

Lowry showed tremendous restraint. I am glad he did, but I couldn't have done it. I can only imagine what words came his way.

Absolutely. I saw a number of tweets (including from LeBron) wondering about what would have happened if Kyle had not held back.

Another tweet I saw was also a good one (I forget who said it, though), asking what would happen if Lowry were to go to this guy's place of work, shove him and yell a bunch of profanities at him. :rolleyes1

The incident highlighted crap that goes on way beyond the push. So there is no reason to get rid of those seats because a miniscule amount of *******s might pay for them. You know that there have been heated incidents above that level.

As for the NBA - I feel that they are one of the better institutions for dealing with incidents swiftly and being firm in their decision-making.

And once again I would bet that they are discussing the minority owner's shares in the team as we speak.

Yes there have been incidents above that level but they don't happen nearly that easily, that often, nor escalate nearly as quickly. It took Ron Arteste quite a bit of time to get that far up in the stands.

I’m watching but we’re under a severe thunderstorm warning so we might lose power. There’s thunder rumbling and the air is getting thick.

I think the person who was in charge of getting the Canadian anthem singers has a vendetta against us.

Hmmm, N-eo is it? You suck

And there we go, we’re cutting into broadcasting to track the storm...around Cleveland? Gotta love not having a local feed airing the game.

Hamilton Ontario’s best - Walk off the Earth doing a fantastic version of Oh Canada.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Inhaling... will exhale in about four quarters from now.

Go Raptors! We’re all here north of the 49th supporting you & cheering you on!

#WeTheNorth 🏀🇨🇦

🙏🏻

Last edited:
I’m watching but we’re under a severe thunderstorm warning so we might lose power. There’s thunder rumbling and the air is getting thick.

I think the person who was in charge of getting the Canadian anthem singers has a vendetta against us.

Hmmm, N-eo is it? You suck

And there we go, we’re cutting into broadcasting to track the storm...around Cleveland? Gotta love not having a local feed airing the game.
:confused3 Don't you get TSN? I've got 5 versions of TSN on my cable service and 4 of them are showing the game as well as both the ABC affiliates from two different time zones.

@kimblebee if you get US networks - ABC is carrying the game live tonight.
:confused3 Don't you get TSN? I've got 5 versions of TSN on my cable service and 4 of them are showing the game as well as both the ABC affiliates from two different time zones.

I was watching ABC but now I’ve switched to TSN. My screen is huge now without the radar on the bottom lol

I liked watching the ABC feed because there’s an announcer there with a New York accent and I liked listening to it lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter