Campfire at FW

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
Can someone help me with this? I know it is there, but what time does it usually take place? Is there a cost? Any info would be great.

I think the campfire begins at 7pm (probably later during Daylight Savings Time). You can purchase or bring your own marshmellows/sticks for toasting. There is a barrier to prevent anyone from getting too close. A movie follows the campfire.

Anyone with young children should be very careful during this event. Lots of people and children gathered/running around a fire carrying pointy sticks with hot goo! Make sure your kids are supervised and assisted.

You can also purchase or bring snack to eat during the movie. Lots of fun. Good way to wind down from a long day.

It was free when I was there many moons ago as an early teen. Nice thing to send the older ones away to while mom and dad relaxed. (Remembering to tell them NOT to run with pointy sticks:D )

FW was the very BEST campground we ever went to as a kid. And we went to a lot of campgrounds around the country!

Have fun if that's where you're staying (or are you just going for the campfire :)

I called about 3 years ago and it was still free for WDW guests. I went many years ago too as a teen and it was a lot of fun! FW is a beautiful campground. We stayed there many times in my parents pop-up. Call to check on times for the movies because I believe it starts somewhere around dusk and with longer/shorter days the time changes.

Do they ask for your onsite ID to go tot he campfire... how do they know if you are staying onsite or off??

Don't know if they check IDs. I was just going by what the guidebook says. I haven't been there in a while. Anybody else know???

We weren't checked for ID but you can't drive right up to the meadows area, where the campfire is. You must park at the guest services area and take the bus to the meadows trading area, or if you take the ferry from MK take the bus from there.

The s'mores kit cost around $5 and included two sticks, a large bag of marshmallows, small convienience store size box of Honeymaid grahms, two Hershey bars, and a couple of wet wipes. This fed one adult and two kids with plenty left over.

Chip n Dale visit after a sing along and the movie is usually at 8 in the summer. I believe it is earlier in the off season. Check the camping board for more info. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=24

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter