Can a Daybed be a Special Needs/Handicap accomodation

If you can do with a queen, sleep sofa and a day bed, look at the DVC studios at Grand Floridian, Wilderness lodge and the Board Walk preferred non boardwalk view rooms.

If you can do with a queen, sleep sofa and a day bed, look at the DVC studios at Grand Floridian, Wilderness lodge and the Board Walk preferred non boardwalk view rooms.

Not helpful. DH is going to a conference at YC and BC- room is paid for though Dh's work THERE. I just need to book it. People like to complain about my post- that I didn't include enough info... I clarified, but did state in my OP that we would be staying at YC or BC ....but then I get totally off the wall responses like a DVC at GF???!!!??? When I clearly stated in my OP that we were staying at either YC or BC due to Dh's conference. Really????

Anytime someone HAS to have 3 beds it's recommended to book a room that guarantees that, and this issue isn't something they legally have to accommodate versus other handicap options.

I don't think they'll guarantee a daybed for a medical reason like this just like they wouldn't guarantee a Murphy bed at POR, because those rooms could be booked by 5 people parties. I think you'll be pretty safe requesting one. But worse case scenario you can get a rollaway bed if there isn't a daybed so there really isn't anything to worry about. Maybe bring the blow up mattress as a backup if possible.

Offer to fax them a letter from the doctor. I have always gotten what I needed when doing this. You will be given priority over others making the request who do not have a medical necesity. Or at least this is what I have been told anytime I have made this request.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but a cabin at Fort Wilderness would solve the bed problem and be less expensive than YC/BC. The cabins have a queen Murphy bed in the main living area and a bedroom with twin bunk beds and another bed (I think it's a queen).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter