Can anyone explain the NHL emergency goalie rule?

This was amazing, i watched the last few minutes of the game. I love how the hurricanes rallied around him! They are also selling T-shirts on the Hurricanes site, he will get some royalties, and will choose a kidney foundation, he had a kidney transplant in 2004.

Another player would have to be put in for the position. They don't have provisions for a designated emergency back up. It is kind of like baseball. If you run out of pitchers, you bring in a position player and cope.

Actually they are drafting 9th, not second. That made them the 9th worst team in the league. They were tied with the Raiders and won the coin toss. Generally if the first stringer gets hurt, you would after that game have guys you could sign. Further, if you're down to your third stringer, you're hosed anyway. BTW the 49ers record over 2011-2013 was the best in the league. They also went to a Superbowl. They fleeced the Patriots out of a good QB for a song. And lo and behold they won several games in a row with him. Niners fans are saying Thanks Patriots. We love you!!! That is, until he loses a game. And given the QB sweepstakes occurring at the top, drafting 9 without the need of drafting a QB is a good spot to be in. They will be back.

I was so sad when Fleury went to the Golden Knights - I'm a Penguins fan, and he basically won the Stanley Cup for the Penguins when Matt Murray got hurt.
I love how dedicated the Pittsburgh fans are to individual players after they leave. Heard Colby Armstrong on WDVE the other day. He's been gone a long time, but once a Pittsburgher always a Pittsburgher. Flower is probably the most beloved player to leave and is still loved by most.

I never liked the boo'ing of Jagr. I would have loved to see him play his final season in Pittsburgh.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize it was a thread bump and I quoted something from 2 years ago.

I'm so jaded and cynical that most feel-good stories get no more than a ho-hum from me. Some even want to make me barf.

But this one actually may have brought a tear or two to my eyes.

I'm happy he's getting his 15 minutes and he seems to be handling it well. Classy act by Carolina bringing him to Raleigh. He was named an honorary citizen of North Carolina by the governor and Raleigh's mayor proclaimed Tuesday as David Ayers day in the city.

He will resume his occasional role as emergency backup goalie in Toronto this coming Saturday.

Interesting added twist in this story in that they were on the road so that Toronto's emergency goalie ends up winning a game against his home town team. Even more intriguing is that the two teams are both battling for playoff spots as well, so those points that Carolina got could prove to be huge.

Interesting added twist in this story in that they were on the road so that Toronto's emergency goalie ends up winning a game against his home town team. Even more intriguing is that the two teams are both battling for playoff spots as well, so those points that Carolina got could prove to be huge.

Yep, wouldn't it be something if Carolina makes the playoffs by a point and Toronto misses out. That possibility could very well happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter