Can I bring my iron on-board with me?

I think I may have been misunderstood. While I certainly hoped to bring my own iron, I didn't plan to put anyone in jeopardy. If irons aren't allowed in the cabins, then I have no problem going to the laundry room to iron my clothes, but would prefer to use my own iron.

I never had any idea this topic would create such discussing and ranting on other threads!

I am the last person who tries to "get away" with something.

I guess maybe I should just read the threads for awhile and learn as I go!

I'm sure no one thought you we're rule breaking. I think everyone's nerves are tightly strung the last few days. They are also aware that some people are foolish enough to iron in their cabin. I'm glad to hear you are not one of them! Please continue to write- I too am new at this and hopefully getting better each reply. :p

I brought a travel/steam iron on our cruise - It automatically turns off after a certain amount of time - I did use it in our room - but I thought it was OK cause it was a steam one and it had a safety turn off -

Momster, don't let a little controversy scare you off from posting. Overall, these boards are a very friendly place, and if you see some ranting and raving, just ignore it...take what you like and leave the rest! Look at it as other people blowing off steam (no steam-iron pun intended :jester: ).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I had a dress shirt that terribly wrinkled. The Disney staff pressed it for a reasonably charge. There is an extra cost for something that has to be pressed in a short period of time.

There is a list of the charges for washing and ironing various types of apparel. It might not be a bad idea if someone could post the price list. Any takers?

Why I still have my laundry receipt is a mystery to me! But here goes, remember the prices are for dry cleaning & laundry, press only is 1/2 the laundry price:

DRY CLEANING
suits (2piece) $7.00
suits (3piece) 9.00
coats 7.00
pants 4.25
jackets 4.50
shirts 3.50
sweaters 4.00
ties 2.00
blouses 4.00
evening dress 8.00
skirts 4.50

LAUNDRY
shirts 3.00
pants 3.50
socks 1.00
undershirts/bras 1.25
pajamas 4.00
handkerchiefs .75
undershorts 1.25
tshirts 2.50
blouses 3.50
slips 3.00
nightgowns 3.00
shortpants 2.50
sports shirt 2.50

Regular service: next day by 5:00pm
Same day service: add 50% to dry cleaning surcharge, picked up
before 9am returned by 5pm
Express service: add 100% express cleaning surcharge. Call for pickup returned in 3 hours

Hope this helps.

Look in the laundry section of your store. I purchased a "pressing cloth" that I always bring with me. It looks like a screen made of fabric so you can see what you're doing while ironing.

Don't wait until right before your dinner/show to iron. That's when demand is highest.

I like to take care of it when I unpack. That way it's done and I don't have to bother with it for the remainder of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter