Can I buy 7 days of tix for a 5 day trip & use them all?

This is why Packages are too expensive, IMO
I NEVER need a ticket for departure day & if we drive-get there too late for arrival day..
SO I ALWAYS book Room Only, then the exact days (hoppers) for the tickets-which we but at hotel:)

I love that Disney has changed that now...you can book a pkg for 10 days, but get park passes included for just 8 days..or even 2 days if you wish. It makes planning so much easier.

I also tend to book rooms with various discounts and then buy park passes through Undercover Tourist, or Mapleleaf. But, sometimes that's not possible....if you want a free dining pkg, you pretty much have to do it Disney's way.

In addition to what has already been said.....

Adding a day after the fourth day of a multi day ticket, the cost is only about $8 per day.

How can that be too expensive? I can understand if you are staying for short trips, but anything after 4 days it's really not a factor.

WE only go for 4 park days

Thanks for the update on changing # of days-but I always look for a 'deal" on room rates:)

I NEVER need a ticket for departure day & if we drive-get there too late for arrival day..
SO I ALWAYS book Room Only, then the exact days (hoppers) for the tickets-which we but at hotel:)

You can change the number of ticket days on a package. That's just the default. You don't have to purchase days you won't use.

Darn iPhone! Didn't load the rest of the responses. Haha!! Guess you know by now how packages really work. ;)

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $8.00 per day over four days on a ticket, but charges $55 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

Or, as I have occasionally told Guests who were arguing with me about using a different day on the ticket: (note day of week stated can vary)

The turnstile computer thinks today is Friday. The turnstile computer at the other park also thinks today is Friday. The two turnstile computers talk to each other. If you can convince this turnstile computer that today is not the same Friday as the other computer thinks, it will let you in.

The cost to add hopping (or WPF&M) is $55 ($58.58 including tax) per ticket. It does not matter if it is adult or child, two days or ten days, first day of use or last day of use, the price is the same. (For a Florida Resident it is $27.50 plus tax.) (Note to add hopping to a one day ticket is $35 ($37.28 including tax).)

So if you are not sure, don't order them. If you find you do need them, then upgrade your tickets at any ticket window or Guest Relations Office. It only takes a minute or so.

So your saying that If I think there is a good chance on our week's trip that we may never use the hopper that we might be better off not getting it and if we decide to hop that we can upgrade while there? Would this this be more costly than getting the hopper upfront as part of our package?

So your saying that If I think there is a good chance on our week's trip that we may never use the hopper that we might be better off not getting it and if we decide to hop that we can upgrade while there? Would this this be more costly than getting the hopper upfront as part of our package?

That would be the best plan. And no hopping would not cost you any more to add when you need it than it would if you do it from the beginning. It's a flat rate for park hopping.

That is just the default for the system. You can buy whatever amount of ticket days with a package that you want. Plus with a package you get 0% interest financing for 6 months with the Disney Visa.

I know others have chimed in but are you maybe thinking back to the pre MYW days where you could buy a Length of Stay ( or what ever they called it in the end) ticket that started on your arrival day and ended on your departure day?

I do remember that Disney was reluctant to take off either day unless you showed them a late arrival or early departure airline reservation.

WE only go for 4 park days

Thanks for the update on changing # of days-but I always look for a 'deal" on room rates:)

You can use a room only "deal" on a package. I currently have a package with tickets with a 30% code booked for October. It is a "room only" discount because you only get the discount on the room portion and not your tickets, It is not called "room only" because you must only book a room in order to get the deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter