Can I play too?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I join in too?? :woohoo: I am a huge lurker on this board! I am not a disbride at the moment but hope to be in the future. I was married before and I ended up choosing to have a big home wedding even though Disney was my dream. Next time around I am not compromising! DBF and I have been together almost three years. I am hoping by the end of the year we will get engaged but I don't know.... We are buying a house right now so I am not sure.... I can hope!

Yay! Just like me. I am kinda glad I didn't fight the first time for the Disney wedding. Now I can have my dream wedding with the guy I am SUPPOSED to be with. Let's just hope he agrees!

Omg first of all you and youdbf are so cute!!

And thanks for the idea... I guess I will just have to take dbf for the ultimate hint!

Aw, thank you :) The picture in my signature was actually taken at Disney (1900 Park Fare! :banana: )

I never intended it to be a hint when I pointed out the wedding pavilion, but the look on his face look a little bit like this: :scared1: :eek: haha

Yay! Just like me. I am kinda glad I didn't fight the first time for the Disney wedding. Now I can have my dream wedding with the guy I am SUPPOSED to be with. Let's just hope he agrees!

I totally agree!!! I am so glad I got divorced and now can have the wedding I have always dreamed about. I am trying to convince DBF though. I definitely won't get married at home. It is too been there done that so if you need to travel why not Disney? :lmao: I still have some convincing to do!

I totally agree!!! I am so glad I got divorced and now can have the wedding I have always dreamed about. I am trying to convince DBF though. I definitely won't get married at home. It is too been there done that so if you need to travel why not Disney? :lmao: I still have some convincing to do!

You know a lot of it for me is that I have done it all...and learned from it. No one cares about the hours you put into favors, seating charts, etc. I know someone people like the traditional way of doing things, but not me. I want to have a very private and personal wedding with my close family. PLUS, I love Disney so it all makes sense. I'm in the game early with dbf...start working on hints now!!

Yay!! I am sooo happy that you started this thread and that other people replied; I am a huuuuuge lurker on this board. I've been on the DIS since I was 11 (Teen Board back then under a different username; what I chose when I was 11 is too embarassing for me now :rotfl: !) and now I'm a junior in college and I've been lurking on the Weddings Board for a little while now :goodvibes ! It's so nice to see everyone coming out of lurkdom!

I don't feel so bad about being a total lurker now ;)

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and 3 months, but we aren't planning on getting hitched any time soon (that I am aware of!) He is well aware of my Disney wedding love though, less then six months into our relationship we went to Disney and rode on the monorail past the wedding pavilion and I said, in a very certain and sure of myself voice, that I would one day be getting married there :rotfl2:

When I read this, I had to laugh, because it's me! I've been with DBF for about two years, and we took The First Step (trip to Disney!!! :lovestruc ) a few months ago. I did THE SAME EXACT thing on the monorail, and also without even intending for it to be a hint.... But now I'm kinda glad that that's what it turned into:cool1: !

DBF is two years older than me, and we both know I'd have to finish school before we could think about anything happening, so in the meantime I will (not-so) patiently wait and live through the current DIS Brides!!!

And to everyone from Massachusetts, I live in RI! :wave2:

Thanks again for this thread!! It's so nice not to have be a complete lurker anymore!

Yay!! I am sooo happy that you started this thread and that other people replied; I am a huuuuuge lurker on this board. I've been on the DIS since I was 11 (Teen Board back then under a different username; what I chose when I was 11 is too embarassing for me now :rotfl: !) and now I'm a junior in college and I've been lurking on the Weddings Board for a little while now :goodvibes ! It's so nice to see everyone coming out of lurkdom!

When I read this, I had to laugh, because it's me! I've been with DBF for about two years, and we took The First Step (trip to Disney!!! :lovestruc ) a few months ago. I did THE SAME EXACT thing on the monorail, and also without even intending for it to be a hint.... But now I'm kinda glad that that's what it turned into:cool1: !

DBF is two years older than me, and we both know I'd have to finish school before we could think about anything happening, so in the meantime I will (not-so) patiently wait and live through the current DIS Brides!!!

Thanks again for this thread!! It's so nice not to have be a complete lurker anymore!

So you guys are saying I need to take dbf to Disney...hmmm twist my arm I guess. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

ahaha, I so know what you mean! I'm completely addicted and I'm a VERY far ways from getting married. But my sister is getting married this next year (not at Disney, trust me, I TRIED!) and I'm her maid of honor.
I just LOVE looking at all the beautiful pictures and dreaming :lovestruc

You know a lot of it for me is that I have done it all...and learned from it. No one cares about the hours you put into favors, seating charts, etc. I know someone people like the traditional way of doing things, but not me. I want to have a very private and personal wedding with my close family. PLUS, I love Disney so it all makes sense. I'm in the game early with dbf...start working on hints now!!

I DREAMMMM of putting hours into favors and place cards and all the cute details, I wish my job was just,make custom favors for weddings <333 and welcome bags and AHHH The craftiness involved with a wedding is so exciting!

Welcomeee and Helloooo neighborrr! Imglad this thread is helping more people then just me:) :)!

I DREAMMMM of putting hours into favors and place cards and all the cute details, I wish my job was just,make custom favors for weddings <333 and welcome bags and AHHH The craftiness involved with a wedding is so exciting!

I guess I am a bit jaded when it comes to that. I spent months working on that kind of stuff...only to have everyone leave the reception around 9:30 (blizzard!!) and never mention any of it. I guess the way I look at it now, I would rather put my time and money into planning a Disney wedding! Although I have seen some of those cute welcome bags and would definitely have to do those!! lol. I probably would change my mind about everything if I got married again. Although I have a feeling that dbf would want to get married here in NY....if it ever came to that with us anyway ;)

You can never have too much UNBIASED help when it comes to a planning a wedding:) I personally would enjoy the point of view of someone who is removed from all the chaos and sees a wedding from a different perspective! Brides talk to Brides from a Bride's point of view and our Moms? PLEASE! Thats a whooooole other thread:rotfl2: ...Moral of my "story" you are so welcome to contribute. Feel free to give any and all opinions regarding my posts:) BTW, I am from Boston, if anyone REALLY wants to do an "all night favor crafting session" :banana:

You can never have too much UNBIASED help when it comes to a planning a wedding:) I personally would enjoy the point of view of someone who is removed from all the chaos and sees a wedding from a different perspective! Brides talk to Brides from a Bride's point of view and our Moms? PLEASE! Thats a when other thread:rotfl2: ...Moral of my "story" you are so welcome to contribute. Feel free to give any and all opinions regarding my posts:) BTW, I am from Boston, if anyone REALLY wants to do an "all night favor crafting session" :banana:

:wave: ME ME ME! You got the glue guns/stickers/hole punch/paper cutter/whatever and I will man the favor putting together for a week straight! I swear! I would LOVE to do favors and address envelopes and make center pieces! AHH IM GETTING TOO EXCITED :cool1: :cool1: :woohoo: :woohoo: :love: :love: :yay: :yay: :dance3: :dance3:

Yay! I am LOVING this thread :yay: - I too am a long time lurker.. hopefully one day Disney bride!!!

DBF and I have been together three and a half years now. We talk about engagement all the time and he assures me it's just a matter of him saving for the bling :cool1: tee hee.

I've also casually walked DBF past the wedding pavillion and told him one day he'll be getting married there. He's okay with it as long as he gets to choose the car.. yay!

Ooh.. favour making and invitation making and centerpiece making and much craft fun!!! For me, that would be the most fun part!!!
xx

I could really use some input on my "at home reception". We will be coming back from Disney on 8/26 and the "reception" is on the 31st!!!!! I have no clue how to tie the Disney factor in and do it in a classy way....to make matters MORE complicated, we are having it in our backyard. A "mickey's backyeard bbq" kind of thing. We are really trying to keep it on the economical side as the ceremony at Disney is killing us! Favors????? Decor???::yes:: Any suggestions? MEG?????????:goodvibes

I could really use some input on my "at home reception". We will be coming back from Disney on 8/26 and the "reception" is on the 31st!!!!! I have no clue how to tie the Disney factor in and do it in a classy way....to make matters MORE complicated, we are having it in our backyard. A "mickey's backyeard bbq" kind of thing. We are really trying to keep it on the economical side as the ceremony at Disney is killing us! Favors????? Decor???::yes:: Any suggestions? MEG?????????:goodvibes

oh oh my dear, you have opened up a can of worms... (or martha stewart living)

You want classy vs casual? I vote you have either a caterer or a "bring your favorite BBQ dish" from everyone and have it like a picnic deal.

ohh Off to research ideas!! :moped: :moped:

J6539U0014

J6539U0001

J6539U0005

Of course you could always be more subtle :rotfl2:

http://www.mydivinewedding.com/8462+Mini+Lanterns+with+Hanger_refine:361;

^ those as favors would be so cuteeeee

or thesehahah

6048.jpg

EDIT:
Ohhh youre in trouble now!

8530.jpg

8461.jpg

http://www.mydivinewedding.com/6041+Fine+White+Porcelain+Holders_refine:66;

AHHH this is so funn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter