Can Quick Service equal snacks?

If the qs credit is an adult credit (as of 1-1, child and adult credits are now separated) you can exchange it for 3 snack credits. It must be done all in one transaction. You need to inform the cast member what you would like to do. They will explain whether they allow such a transaction. While there was never a question before, I would certainly "double check", before items are rung up.

Most anywhere you can buy snacks should be able to do the conversion for an adult qs credit. There is no conversion for child qs credits

If the qs credit is an adult credit (as of 1-1, child and adult credits are now separated) you can exchange it for 3 snack credits. It must be done all in one transaction. You need to inform the cast member what you would like to do. They will explain whether they allow such a transaction. While there was never a question before, I would certainly "double check", before items are rung up.
Most anywhere you can buy snacks should be able to do the conversion for an adult qs credit. There is no conversion for child qs credits

Thanks! I was aware of the one transaction part, but wasn’t sure about non QS meal locations. I will definitely double check, before any transactions takes place though.

We weren’t thinking about free dining when we were planning and it just hit at the right time. We also ran the numbers to make sure it will save us money, but it’s having us rethink some of our usual strategies a little bit.

Do you have to do a QS converted to 3 snack credits at a QS location, or could it also be done at a bakery and/or gift shop?

We‘ve got the QS dinning plan, for the first time, but will probably do 3-5 sit down meals. Since we obviously can’t use QS meals on those, we were thinking about maybe hitting a bakery and converting 2 QS credits to 6 snack credits and get pastries/muffins for a quick breakfast in our room. Does that make sense or does anyone have better suggestions?
We weren’t thinking about free dining when we were planning and it just hit at the right time. We also ran the numbers to make sure it will save us money, but it’s having us rethink some of our usual strategies a little bit.

First, want to make sure you've seen the recent development. If you have kids (age 3-9), you will NOT be able to use their QS credits to get any snacks; they can only be used to purchase a kid's meal.

Second, if you have free QS dining and you want to do 3-5 TS meals, you may want to do the math on upgrading the free QS plan to the regular plan. The cost for adults is around $23 per person per night. That might be a better option that leaves you with fewer QS credits and maybe no extra snacks needed.

First, want to make sure you've seen the recent development. If you have kids (age 3-9), you will NOT be able to use their QS credits to get any snacks; they can only be used to purchase a kid's meal.

Second, if you have free QS dining and you want to do 3-5 TS meals, you may want to do the math on upgrading the free QS plan to the regular plan. The cost for adults is around $23 per person per night. That might be a better option that leaves you with fewer QS credits and maybe no extra snacks needed.

Thanks! This will be our first time we are 5 “adults” since my nieces just turned 13 and 10, so that won’t be a problem for us. I’m Switzerland when it comes to that debate, but can understand how it’s upsetting to people.

Glad you brought that up, we were aware that was an option and needed to start figuring out or dinning reservations for our ADR window that opens up later this week. Just got done having that discussion and figured it wasn’t worth it, at least not now. Right now we’re planning on getting ADRs for Teppan Ed, Be our Guest and PrimeTime cafe. We might add one more ADR, but my niece think they’re ”too old” to do a Character Meal this year, which makes it a little harder to get the best bang for the buck for upgrading to the dinning plan. Since we were pleasantly surprised that lunch at BOG counts as a QS meal, that means we’ve only booked 2, but could possibly go up to 3 TS meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter