Can we just start talking about Halloween now????

As I understand it last year was the first OBB and I "think" the first time they did a virtual queue to get tickets. Not exactly sure how tickets to the special events were handled in the past. Here's hoping it's better this year.

I don't know if past events were just as in demand or if last year was that way because people were Disney deprived due to covid. lol

Thanks for that. We will be heading the parks from Australia around Halloween time and really want to be able to go.

As I understand it last year was the first OBB and I "think" the first time they did a virtual queue to get tickets. Not exactly sure how tickets to the special events were handled in the past. Here's hoping it's better this year.

I don't know if past events were just as in demand or if last year was that way because people were Disney deprived due to covid. lol
OBB has been around for a few years (since 2019). Last years debacle was probably primarily due to the pent up demand from the parks being closed, combined with an awful website.

we got tickets on the first day, but there were plenty of tickets available for at least a few days to a week later. The big nights (Halloween week) sold out quickly, but other nights were readily available.

The first year they just made tickets available and they didn’t sell out for many, many weeks. When we went in 2019, we didn’t actually know about OBB, but we were going anyway, and happened to see a site indicating that tickets were starting to sell out. I think they had been on sale for almost a month prior. Demand has obviously picked up since then.

Us!! We are going October 12-18th. If OBB stays on same schedule planning to do it on that Sunday the 16th.
I booked our hotel today.

Thank you for posting this! We just heard the rumors that WDW won't be doing MNSSHP.... so we're headed for our first OBB! I was searching the boards for details when I saw this. 😍

It’s been mostly Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, although they had a couple of Saturday’s on the calendar as well (opening week and Halloween I believe?). IIRC, they had the same days for 2019 and 2021, so it’ll probably be similar this year.

Yep what he said.

I really do hope the days stay the same, it will work out nicely with our current plan. Someone just posted a pic in a facebook group that they took at last year 's OBB and it was just beautiful - the creepiness, the colors, so much fun.

I feel like going during a special even like this make the trip significantly different than our previous trips. So it feels both familiar and new at the same time.

Anyone have a plan/strategy/previous experience for where to spend the day of the OBB? I've seen people comment that they don't go to either park until the 3pm DCA admission because they don't want to waste the money on an extra ticket (essentially paying double for the day). But others have said they like to go to DCA all day because the previously mentioned people avoiding the parks means the crowds are lower in the morning.

Thoughts??

I'm all for spending time when crowds are low and would definitely get my money's worth with more rides. I also wonder if DL crowds are then spiked with others choosing that park for the day.

Go for it!! I'm already 'blue sky-ing' our Fall 2023 WDW trip. Can't even book yet, but I've got a Pages document started and it's already at 2 pages.

Definitely a fun time - love the images on Cathay Cafe, and the treat lines are fun to go through.

our 10lbs of treats (no exaggeration) are in the stroller… really helpful for OBB.

Great pics!

I have heard the amount of candy is crazy. Need to bring some backpacks for sure!

Anyone have a plan/strategy/previous experience for where to spend the day of the OBB? I've seen people comment that they don't go to either park until the 3pm DCA admission because they don't want to waste the money on an extra ticket (essentially paying double for the day). But others have said they like to go to DCA all day because the previously mentioned people avoiding the parks means the crowds are lower in the morning.

Thoughts??

I'm all for spending time when crowds are low and would definitely get my money's worth with more rides. I also wonder if DL crowds are then spiked with others choosing that park for the day.

May general plan right now on our OBB day is no regular park ticket that day. That will be the day we try to do the princess breakfast/brunch and the boy get giant milk shakes and black tap. Sleep in a bit.

Thoughts??

No previous experience but our plans are tentatively to sleep in/Downtown Disney it up and take things slower that day then get to the park for our 3pm ticket time. Paying for an extra day for at most 6-7 hours in a park isn't "worth" it for us. Add in being exhausted by the end of the night when I'll want to stay for the entirety of OBB.

But shoot if we were still passholders or money wasn't an issue I'd buy the extra day even just to eat and people watch :rotfl:

We payed for park tickets and OBB both of the years we went. It worked out well for us, since DD only wanted to trick or treat (we played “trick or treat” at home for days on end before we went), so going to the park in the morning let us not worry about riding rides in the evening. Plus we did DL in the morning, so it was like having a Park Hopper pass ; 8-3 at DL, and 3-7 at DCA.

but pretty much all day I was thinking “next year we’ll only do OBB”. It was an expensive day!

We're definitely planning for Halloween, but we don't have any days set up. I think we'll try for 2 parties this year. Our record is 3 parties in one trip when they had Mickey's Halloween Party lol That was a lot of fun.

How many of you are planning your costumes? Do you even dress up? Just curious how many adults dress for the occasion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter