Can we talk dessert party?

If you could drink alcohol or can’t line up an hour and half before fireworks or need to have seats (treats and seats party), it could be worth it. Just lower your expectations if you’ve been in the past.

The CMs we spoke to said they don’t even eat the leftovers as it’s all unhealthy and too sweet. I cringed at the butterscotch push pop (sweet as if you ate just the burned sugar off of a creme brûlé). The chocolate covered strawberries were good. The cheese was not fresh either (you can’t eat more than a few pieces). We saw many teens running back and forth to the buffet, but adults drank alcohol or sat and chatted.

We didn’t go for the desserts and had a great steak dinner beforehand. During holiday season it might be worth it for the view alone.
Don't give poor butterscotch a bad name LOL, that was pudding. The push pops were buttercream, so pretty much straight frosting.

Quick review - My family attended the Treats & Seats party at Tomorrowland Terrace on Friday. We arrived for check in a bit after 6pm (I'd read that they start seating at 6:30). We were the second group to check in and received our wristbands right away. At 6:30 we were allowed to enter the terrace and were seated by a host. She gave us the absolute perfect table with an amazing view! I did ask the hostess if the tables were pre-assigned. She said they are for larger groups, but for smaller groups you can request a table if you arrive early enough. So if a great view is important to you, I'd definitely recommend checking in early.

The desserts were just ok for us. They really need more kid friendly options like cupcakes or brownies. My kids were a bit disappointed in the lack of variety, they really loved the ice cream station that they had at the Frozen party back in 2019 ;) It was nice that they had fruit, cheese, and crackers, but a few more savory options would definitely have been nice.

Drinks were great. DH and I each had a few glasses of wine and kids really loved the sparkling cider and hot chocolate. This is where you can really get your money's worth from the party!

Overall we had a great time. The desserts aren't anything to write home about, but having those reserved seats as the massive crowd built in the hub was absolutely worth it!

I did the pre dessert party Sunday night.

it's a meh.. for me. The view was nice but I do feel I could have been fine without the upcharge. It was annoying that in the reserved section they have a huge part of it set aside for wheel chairs and scooters (that's not the issue) the issue is that it's a huge space and about 3 mins before the show when it didn't fill with folks on wheel chairs and scooters they invited everyone to fill in the space which ruined the view in the spot I had been holding for an hour because a tall gentleman moved into the wheelchair area. I was able to move and adjust but that annoyed me.

the desserts were fine. I would have liked better and more drink options for non alcoholic.

I probably would not spend that $$ again. 1.5 hours before the show I could have found a spot with just as good of view.

it's a meh.. for me. The view was nice but I do feel I could have been fine without the upcharge. It was annoying that in the reserved section they have a huge part of it set aside for wheel chairs and scooters (that's not the issue) the issue is that it's a huge space and about 3 mins before the show when it didn't fill with folks on wheel chairs and scooters they invited everyone to fill in the space which ruined the view in the spot I had been holding for an hour because a tall gentleman moved into the wheelchair area. I was able to move and adjust but that annoyed me.

the desserts were fine. I would have liked better and more drink options for non alcoholic.

I probably would not spend that $$ again. 1.5 hours before the show I could have found a spot with just as good of view.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I’m going around NYE and booked a garden view dessert party MAINLY for the view… was the reserved area super crowded? Were there still space at the back? (I know people tend to push/go “forward” towards the castle when the show begins)
We are a SUPER short family (under 5 feet lol) so now i’m really nervous :/

Thank you for sharing your experience! I’m going around NYE and booked a garden view dessert party MAINLY for the view… was the reserved area super crowded? Were there still space at the back? (I know people tend to push/go “forward” towards the castle when the show begins)
We are a SUPER short family (under 5 feet lol) so now i’m really nervous :/

the issue is the wheel chair area is in front of the rest of the area. So if you go go stand close to the wheel chair area so if it doesn't fill up you can go in there.
It wasn't too crowded but this was also a Christmas party night so there wasn't after party guests there

the issue is the wheel chair area is in front of the rest of the area. So if you go go stand close to the wheel chair area so if it doesn't fill up you can go in there.
It wasn't too crowded but this was also a Christmas party night so there wasn't after party guests there

thank you! I’ll try to stay as close to the wheel chair area as possible! I guess it’s gonna be really crowded because there was also an after party on the day I booked :/
Well I’ll try to stay positive and hope I’ll get at least some sort of view🤣

They are for sure selling more tickets than in times passed. I have done garden view before and after several times over the last few years. We did after party this past Saturday 11/27 and it was packed. We had arrived early after reading this thread but those that arriverd later were surprised to see very little open space. It was a great view but more crowded than I would have liked. And, at $100 a pop it would have been nice to not have to camp out early. If I am going to have to camp out for an hour I would contemplate saving the money next time. The desserts and staff were great after the fireworks.

They are for sure selling more tickets than in times passed. I have done garden view before and after several times over the last few years. We did after party this past Saturday 11/27 and it was packed. We had arrived early after reading this thread but those that arriverd later were surprised to see very little open space. It was a great view but more crowded than I would have liked. And, at $100 a pop it would have been nice to not have to camp out early. If I am going to have to camp out for an hour I would contemplate saving the money next time. The desserts and staff were great after the fireworks.

Thank you for your report! There are only limited reviews about the new garden plaza dessert party compared to the sit-down so this elps me to prepare mentally that it’s just gonna be as crowded as non-reserved area. That is really disappointing for that price!! I really enjoyed the HEA garden view dessert party and hoped that the view/crowd/experience is gonna be same :(
Maybe I should have booked the terrace but depending on the table you‘ll also won‘t have a great view… :/

Just to clarify, did they move people into the garden with you, or was the wheelchair area in front of the garden?

We did the garden party last night. Checked in at 6pm instead of 6:30pm. We moved to the garden a little after 7pm. It was already filling up. Stayed at the back rail and we had some space. It was definitely full though. Last night was a party night so no post party people in the garden. I am not sure how all those extra people would have fit. If there had been double the people the garden would have almost been as crowded as Main Street.

The food was eh but we knew that. We have never liked the food at any version of this party. We booked it for the garden alone. We are glad we did it but it is definitely a one and done. We also weren’t crazy about the actual show.

Overall the garden was better than being in the Hub but only barely.

The wheel chair area is in front. So you will be in the grass area and then they move the wheelchairs to the front (rightfully so) but then when that area doesn't fill with wheelchairs they move people into it so you can end up with people in front of you after you thought you have found your good view in the grass area. I just didn't feel it was worth the money. I could have gotten the same view by being in the hub at 630. We've done dinning packages and dessert party at Disneyland and always felt they were worth the money and this one really had me feeling meh..

The wheel chair area is in front. So you will be in the grass area and then they move the wheelchairs to the front (rightfully so) but then when that area doesn't fill with wheelchairs they move people into it so you can end up with people in front of you after you thought you have found your good view in the grass area. I just didn't feel it was worth the money. I could have gotten the same view by being in the hub at 630. We've done dinning packages and dessert party at Disneyland and always felt they were worth the money and this one really had me feeling meh..

Got it! I probably won't do the party anytime soon, but that's good to know.

I think the Fantasmic and other show dining packages are a much better value, getting a full meal and avoiding the long lines to get in.

We did the garden party last night. Checked in at 6pm instead of 6:30pm. We moved to the garden a little after 7pm. It was already filling up. Stayed at the back rail and we had some space.

This is so helpful to know that you can check in at 6PM!! Can’t imagine how it’s gonna be when it’s really busy like around christmas and NYE😭

Were you able to see the main street projection while standing in the back? I’m debating if i should stay in the front or back… because looking at some youtube videos the main street projection looks nice!

This is so helpful to know that you can check in at 6PM!! Can’t imagine how it’s gonna be when it’s really busy like around christmas and NYE😭

Were you able to see the main street projection while standing in the back? I’m debating if i should stay in the front or back… because looking at some youtube videos the main street projection looks nice!

There was a line at 6pm to check in and they started letting people in at 6pm on the dot. I highly recommend going early.

You could sort of see the main street projections if you turned around. We were at the back left hand corner so you could see Casey's pretty well. It was hard to make them out but I am not sure if on the street was much better. Overall, I didn't the projections were as good as with HEA.

There was a line at 6pm to check in and they started letting people in at 6pm on the dot. I highly recommend going early.

Thanks!!!! We’ll definitely line up a little earlier!! And also thinking walking up around 7PM to the garden area as you did and just wish for the best🙏
I loved wishes and HEA and looking at some videos and picture I’m already little underwhelmed by the show but my husband and kids (first time disney) will hopefully enjoy it!

I remember the fantasmic dinner package, hopefully it will be as good when it returns!

So the after party says 7:00 pm. Fireworks are at 8. Do we need to get there earlier? (End of January)
I'm hoping not :)

Question about check in for the after party.
Say 7:00 approaches - I’m tired and just want to chill for a bit, DD wants to get in another ride or two. Do we a. check in together and she does her own thing for a bit or b. can we check in separately?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter