Can you buy more than 5 days?

When are your dates? Is there any kind of unofficial event going on during your dates (e.g. Dapper Days) which offers discounted tickets? It is easy to participate in DD (e.g. just buy a ticket to the Expo to support the event!) and the discounts on hotel and tickets are a big help for the budget. If you'll be visiting in the fall, MHP tickets might give you the equivalent of an extra park day -- up to 8 hours in the parks per party.

We are there Aug 11 for a week. Not sure if there is anything going on, but thanks for the tip.

I’m the same as you, I can’t be that close and not go into the parks. Luckily I am a retired military veteran so I purchase the salute tickets which are much cheaper. On your off day maybe you can go to Trader Sams at the Disneyland hotel. I have read about it on the boards and it sounds like a fun immersive experience. I’m planning it this trip for lunch since I have an 11 yo with me.

I really wished that there were options for more than 5 days also. But on the other hand, we have six nights at the Disneyland hotel. Our first day there, is a travel day and we should arrive early afternoon. I have things planned to do that I never do. We are going to do the Void and eat dinner in Downtown Disney. I think we are even going to swim in the pool. Now, I think I am looking forward to doing some things that I never do when I visit Disneyland.

I with you on the whole "why only 5 days" ticket thing. After years at WDW, the minimum we'd do in the parks was 6, and it was usually 8 or 9 days. However, with only two parks, you'll find that 5 days is more than enough. With 2 full days in each park and then an extra to do whatever, you'll be filled up on DL by the time you leave.

We've done the AP twice, and it is nice not being limited to just 5 days. It's funny how being able to just drop in on day 6 or day 7 makes a trip feel complete. But we only get the AP when we know we'll be doing back to back years at the parks...and when the AP is a decent price (unlike the ungodly price it is today).

If you have an extra day, I know you don't really want to do a non-Disney thing. I get that. However, if you spend the night a mile down Harbor Blvd at Great Wolf Lodge, you can do some waterslides that day. Really fun place! Or you could do a day at Universal. Or just a day visiting the beach and Hollywood. Yeah, it ain't Disney and it ain't a park, but you'll enjoy the sights, and it'll make you appreciate getting back into the parks.

I was hoping they would extend tickets before Star Wars. We’ll see!
While extending beyond 5 days would be nice, the huge SWGE crowds might prompt more restrictive tickets.

Some of the ticket policies used at Tokyo Disneyland (also a 2 park resort) could be applied to Californian:
  • 4 day maximum ticket, with first 2 days one park only and second 2 park-hopper
  • Fixed date tickets which guarantee admittance, even when there are capacity restrictions
  • Capacity restrictions block Annual Passports

Some of the ticket policies used at Tokyo Disneyland (also a 2 park resort) could be applied to Californian:
  • 4 day maximum ticket, with first 2 days one park only and second 2 park-hopper
  • Fixed date tickets which guarantee admittance, even when there are capacity restrictions
  • Capacity restrictions block Annual Passports
Interesting. Even with GE crowds coming, I really hope they don't do anything like that at DL. Would be weird to have a multi day ticket that forces you to use single day/park hopper only on certain days. Seems like that would be really confusing with EMH/MM, make coordinating dining reservations more complicated, and mess up how MaxPass currently works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter