Can you name a tip that you had to figure out by being there?

IowaGirl

Mouseketeer
I had one--bring more bathing suits. It had been a while since I was at WDW, and they were for business, not a lot of time. Universal once, and IOA was being built.
There are so many opportunities all over all parks for water play. We were there in May, and they wanted to get wet all of the time in the heat. I wished I had just packed suits for my kids to wear everyday. Then there would be no worry about taking along a dry set, since swim trunks dry so fast.

I would even have DD wear swim trunk bottoms with a tankini top.

Share what you learned from your own personal experience, I want to add them up for next May:cool:

Touch Disney Info on your phone to aquire about exact times and locations of characters.

I didn't read on the boards about the shows at MGM not playing in the evening. I think most of them stop around 5 o'clock or something like that.

I didn't know that the longest lines I would have to wait in were for the restrooms in CP & LTT. Small bathrooms. Be sure to have the kids go before you get in the restaurants. Ya know how the kids always want to check out the restrooms in a restaurant....why is that!LOL This was especially difficult for me, because it was just my DGD and I and I was worried our servers were going to think we left.:rolleyes:

One of them was the best place to sit at the parades. We sat at the front end of Main Street, to see the 100 years of magic parade (I think it's called this, the one with the giant snow globes). We have the BEST view of them coming down Main Street, and they even ALL stopped in front of us.
If can can send your packages to the front gate, or to your hotel room (if staying on property). BUT the only problem with this, is you forget how much you actually bought!

That the bathroom at Le Cellier (Canada) has to be the only bathroom in all of WDW that does NOT have a changing area for babies. Had dinner there and the baby needed to be changed (it couldn't wait). Went in and no changing area. Could not believe it. I had been in probably 90% of the WDW bathrooms and they always have a changing area, but baby decided she had to poop at the only spot without one!!!

Bring a hardcase with a strap for sunglasses. When not in use, you can just wear around your neck.:)

Originally posted by twinz
One of them was the best place to sit at the parades. We sat at the front end of Main Street, to see the 100 years of magic parade (I think it's called this, the one with the giant snow globes). We have the BEST view of them coming down Main Street, and they even ALL stopped in front of us.
If can can send your packages to the front gate, or to your hotel room (if staying on property). BUT the only problem with this, is you forget how much you actually bought!

TWINZ--where exactly did y'all stay for the parade? I'm taking notes!

keep the tips coming, y'all!

these are great! (and I AM going to bring bathing suits for the kids; great idea)

I saw the other day for little kids. Hang a towel over the bathroom door to prevent kids getting locked inside, or the door shutting on fingers.

Also allow your cameras to warm up outside before you try and use them. Going from air conditioned rooms to extreme heat, will cause condesation and lock the film up, or ruin it.

I learned to take things like Pepto Bismol, Moleskin, small pair of scissors, and band-aids with me every trip. They are EXPENSIVE in resorts. :)

I might be a little behind, but I have no kids, and I never thought I would need those til my 2nd trip! LOL:o

We sat at the beginning of Main Street facing the castle. We looked right down Main street. Last December it was right behind the christmas tree. Mind you the only draw back was we waited an hour in that seat, but the spot was worth it!
Twinz

I figured this out on our 3rd trip......bring an extra shirt for the kids and stick it in your backpack along with Stain Stick or Shout Wipes. My kids had a knack for WEARING their chocolate Mickey Icecream Bars, Coke, red Gatorade (see a pattern here?) all over the front of their shirts (white no less).

First trip my kids looked like stained rag-a-muffins, second trip I couldn't stand it and bought new t-shirts, third trip I finally got it right!

We also have the kids use their own fanny packs with chapstick w/ an SPF, autographs books and fat pen, and enough pennies and quarters for the press machines.

In hubby's fanny pack we had passses (even mine, lol) some cash, small tube of sunscreen, diaper wipes (for sticky kids and cooling off), bandaids, safety pins and MORE pennies and quarters. We took turns carrying the backpack to accumulate everything we bought during the day, lol.

Kids always wear a hat or visor (red hair and freckles w/ fair skin) and sunglasses. We bought Croakies to hold there sunglasses around their neck. I also pinned a string from their shirt to their hat and visor so it wouldn't be lost if it flew off during a ride.

We always take our own beach towels so the kids can find their pool chair/table.

We use the beer BOTTLE coozies to soak up the condensation from water bottles.

When we used the strollers I had fat strips of colored ribbon so I could quickly find my stroller.

I hate hats..but wore a hat in the hot weather first time last September..it was great I loved it..but did cause bad hat hair...:)

This is kinda nutty but it sure works in hot weather. Before we go my DH will cut up some old t-shirts into a bunch of nice square clothes and pack them into our suitcases. Each day we take one clean square in each of our fanny packs and use it to wipe off our faces if we are sweating a lot. Nice soft clean cloth to use, and end of each day we throw them in with the laundry so we can wash them and reuse them on the trip.

My tip is that you can't ever predict the weather in Florida, so just plan for it!

I agree with disney talker, hats, hats, hats!!! I never wear then either, but was so glad I brought one for everybody.

Also bought lots of extra sunglasses at the Dollar tree, since my 5 year old burned through quite a few pair(dropping them, pulling on the arms, etc) on a previous trip, so I knew better this time. I just was prepared to hand him a new pair each day if he needed them. I had bought the string thing for his shades too at the dollar tree, but he still managed to twist them up to burn through a few pairs.

Every time we visit WDW we rent a car and it is really difficult to find an unfamiliar one in their large parking lots even if you remember the lot and row, not to mention the license plate. So this time I am making a small flag to slip over the antenna. Hopefully we will be able to spot the car more easily. I'm sure even a piece of brightly colored ribbon will do the trick too.

Seen in a huge Mesa AZ shopping mall parking lot......

a flutter of multi colored ribbon floating from the handle of a......

plunger stuck to the roof of the car!!!

We laughed till we came out of the mall to try and find our car!lol!

We learned several years ago (the hard way of course) to pack at least 2 pair of shoes for the parks. You can alternate shoes, and more importantly, you will have a dry pair available in case you get caught in one of those wretched summer downpours.

I still remember DH sloshing around in a wet pair of tennis shoes, very miserable.

DH and I prefer backpacks to fanny packs (my fanny is big enough as it is!). We carry all the usual stuff--aspirin, bandaids, sunscreen, migraine medication, water, pepto bismol camera supplies, rain ponchos, water shoes (we change into them if it rains, this way, we have dry shoes when the rain ends). Our packs also have handles and wheels--if we're waiting in line or walking back to the bus stop or to our room, we can simply pull up the handle and roll! They aren't outrageously big, and they aren't heavy.

Then comes the good part--we carry each other's backpack. This way, I can get my stuff and he can get his stuff, and we don't have to go through the rather amusing display of trying to get the pack off, find what we want, and then get it back on properly.

B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter