Can You Rent A Wheelchair?

Chatter Box

Who Me ??<br><font color=b26684><b>official NOOB</
My nephew is 15 and has a broken leg. He should be out of the cast and off crutches before out trip in october. We are going to MNSSHP and other events. But can you rent a wheelchair if he gets tired or his leg hurts? Do we need to bring a DRs note? Thanks..

No doctor's note required.

Manual wheelchairs at the parks are 15 dollars a day, with a 1 dollar deposit included. I don't recommend these unless the person pushing is in great shape. Believe it or not, MK is kinda hilly. I pushed SIL in a chair back in Feb and I was regretting it at the end of the day (I'd had leg surgery the month before).

ECV's can be rented for 40 dollars a day, with a 10 dollar deposit included.

There should be a sticky at the top of the DisAbilities page that lists the various companies that rent ECV's and deliver to WDW.

Suzanne

Good advice, except that you can't rent an ECV for use by a person under the age of 18. The Disney park ones are only to be used by people over 18 and most of the off-site companies have the same requirement.
So, get your self in shape for some wheelchair pushing.

scooters are nicer in a lot of ways, and sometimes people don't notice the age of the person who will be renting when they give the advice.

Thank You, I don't want to do anything wrong and get thrown out of WDW. My nephew may not need one, but I wanted to know if they were available if needed..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter