Can you rent an ecv at BWV?

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Just found out DW's parents are coming with Feb 24 for a week. Gramps is 80 and has a very hard time walking but really wanted to go. He wont be doing as much as the rest, but would like to ride over to EPCOT and DHS etc.

Any help/recommendations on how/where to get an ecv? TIA.

If you follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread, you will find information about renting ECVs in post #2.

All of the companies listed there will deliver to your resort.

Thanks Sue, very helpfull. Passed on the info so they can decide. Sounds like he wants the $30/day so he would have it at the BWV-not just get one at the parks.

I need to read further about how long they can be used before charging, can you charge in the room, what if it dies while at a park etc.

I rented from Randy's Mobility back in December and they were great! They came to the hotel and dropped the ecv off (we actually had 2). They told us everything we needed to know about it and showed us how to break it down if we wanted to put it in the car. Very friendly and personable people and they picked the ecv back up at exactly the time we specified. I believe it was $30 a day and yes, you can recharge right in your room. There were absolutely no problems with the ecv and it never ran out of charge.

I rented from Randy's Mobility back in December and they were great! They came to the hotel and dropped the ecv off (we actually had 2). They told us everything we needed to know about it and showed us how to break it down if we wanted to put it in the car. Very friendly and personable people and they picked the ecv back up at exactly the time we specified. I believe it was $30 a day and yes, you can recharge right in your room. There were absolutely no problems with the ecv and it never ran out of charge.

Great to hear that, will check into them. Thanks.

Thanks Sue, very helpfull. Passed on the info so they can decide. Sounds like he wants the $30/day so he would have it at the BWV-not just get one at the parks.

I need to read further about how long they can be used before charging, can you charge in the room, what if it dies while at a park etc.
An ECV in good condition shouldn't die in the middle of the day. If it does, and you have the power cord, you can find many places in the park to plug in.

I'm "fluffy" (i.e. at the higher end of the weight limit for a standard scooder), and I've never had a problem at Walt Disney World with the ECV not lasting the entire day - well, there was that one time something broke and nothing we tried would get it to work (Disney was great, especially given that I'd rented from an offsite company). But as long as you fully charge it every night - yes, in the room - no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter