Can you request an alternate route?

Frodo'sMum

Earning My Ears
9Last time with my DAS pass, I had some issues. Usually my return time for FoP has me walk through the cave type areas but last time I was in this area and a long hallway for some time. I ended up having to leave because my PTSD was triggered. Can I ask to go a different way?

You can try, the only other way to get through FOP is the exit. This would be contingent on what cast members are working there at the time. But there is no way for the DAS to have that kind of information on it for the cast members to see. You would have to talk to them at every single ride where you have issues. And again, it is up to their discretion.

we have always had to wait in the long hallway for a long time when riding that ride. Last trip there was an issue in one of the areas of either the preshow or ride and they brought a whole group back out to wait in the middle of that long hall. We had to wait at least 30 minutes there. I was starting to look for a way out when they let us into the preshow. Then there must have been an issue because we were in the preshow for a very very long time. It was not a good time for me at all. I probably will skip it from now on

9Last time with my DAS pass, I had some issues. Usually my return time for FoP has me walk through the cave type areas but last time I was in this area and a long hallway for some time. I ended up having to leave because my PTSD was triggered. Can I ask to go a different way?
The long hallway is right before preloading, and those shows actually have the safety spiel in them, so not sure how you would avoid that hallway? If you went in the exit, they'd have to make sure no one else was loaded into the pre-boarding room for that spot, otherwise there'd be an overlap for the ride vehicles. You'd still have to wait quite a long time, because they'd have to cycle through once to open that spot up for you. They usually get the rooms loaded as the ride is going through its cycle. So you'd have to wait at least one cycle, maybe two, and they'd have to communicate which exact spot to leave open.

The long hallway is right before preloading, and those shows actually have the safety spiel in them, so not sure how you would avoid that hallway? If you went in the exit, they'd have to make sure no one else was loaded into the pre-boarding room for that spot, otherwise there'd be an overlap for the ride vehicles. You'd still have to wait quite a long time, because they'd have to cycle through once to open that spot up for you. They usually get the rooms loaded as the ride is going through its cycle. So you'd have to wait at least one cycle, maybe two, and they'd have to communicate which exact spot to leave open.
They have told me that they absolutely cannot load anyone through the exit. I've asked multiple times because they require me to transfer into a chair I can't propel to go through the preshows. CMs have even called managers to check and been told no, they can't send anyone through the exit (even though it would be fairly easy given that they load chair users through the exit on a bunch of other rides and manage it just fine, but still.)

They have told me that they absolutely cannot load anyone through the exit. I've asked multiple times because they require me to transfer into a chair I can't propel to go through the preshows. CMs have even called managers to check and been told no, they can't send anyone through the exit (even though it would be fairly easy given that they load chair users through the exit on a bunch of other rides and manage it just fine, but still.)
Thank you for your personal experience. I imagine that it might have something to do with the safety video.

Thank you for your personal experience. I imagine that it might have something to do with the safety video.
Back when there were Fastpasses, my family used our Fastpasses for myself, my husband and DD who is disabled and uses a wheelchair.
Sometimes, we did Rider Swap and sometimes DD really wanted to ride, but chickened out at the point of boarding. The 3 of us came thru the line and watched the preshows together, then I went on while my husband and daughter walked thru the load/ride area to a waiting area just outside the ride area.
Every time we did that, when my husband went to ride, he was taken a back way to get back to the big room right before the preshow rooms. He has needed to watch the pre shows again, even though he had just watched them a few minutes before.
I‘m sure it is for safety to ensure every rider has seen the safety & boarding information

Just to add that FoP is one if the rides that we love, but omg this queue is a nightmare for me, pushing an adult in a manual chair. It is getting harder and harder as I am almost 65 years old now. There are other difficult ones, but I think FoP is the toughest, especially after dealing with the AK entrance hills just past the turnstiles. :P

Back when there were Fastpasses, my family used our Fastpasses for myself, my husband and DD who is disabled and uses a wheelchair.
Sometimes, we did Rider Swap and sometimes DD really wanted to ride, but chickened out at the point of boarding. The 3 of us came thru the line and watched the preshows together, then I went on while my husband and daughter walked thru the load/ride area to a waiting area just outside the ride area.
Every time we did that, when my husband went to ride, he was taken a back way to get back to the big room right before the preshow rooms. He has needed to watch the pre shows again, even though he had just watched them a few minutes before.
I‘m sure it is for safety to ensure every rider has seen the safety & boarding information
Yeah, that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter