Can you ride the rides with a cast or boot?

swek05

Earning My Ears
My 15 year old basketball star just found out he broke his Tibia and will need to be either in a cast or boot when we go on our trip in December. Now he not only misses out on basketball practice and games, he is worried he won't be allowed to ride the rides at Disney. Any one with any experience with this? Thanks in advance!! :earsboy: :earsboy:

No one will prevent him from riding anything.
WDW lists warnings for some attractions, but it is up to you to look at the warning and decide whether or not it is a good idea for you/him to ride.

So, you/he should talk with his doctor and decide what to ride.

I rode all of the rides with a boot/cast on with no problems at all :cool1:

I did not get a w/c - which, I seriously regretted on the morning of the 2nd day when I woke up! OUCH!! Please keep this in mind with your son - pain meds enable one to do more than they should. Get a w/c or ecv for him - otherwise, be prepared to fill some bags with ice at the hotel. Also, ensure you get enough pain meds from his doc for the trip. He may need more than he normally would if he were recooperating at home because he will be more active and have longer days while at the park.

shades said:
Get a w/c or ecv for him - otherwise, be prepared to fill some bags with ice at the hotel.
Just wanted to mention that the parks will not rent an ecv for use by anyone under 18, so his option is a wheelchair.
If he needs ice, you can get some from any of the food places that have ice. Also, if he needs to lie down for a while and get his leg up, stop at First Aid in any of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter