Can you stay in your ecv in line

Yes, you can take EVC in the lines. The only one I can think of is in Magic Kingdom and you have to transfer to wheelchair for POTC. At Animal Kingdom, I can't remember ever having to leave it behind.

you have to transfer to a wheel chair at MK for space and buzz I top can not think of any at AK that you must, unless the new pandora rides you have to transfer for. and I should know by the end of the moth if you have to or not.

if you are concerned about going into a line where you can not take your ECV into, my friend will just smile at the CM before entering the lines, This way if she need to do something then the CM will let her know.

if you are concerned about going into a line where you can not take your ECV into, my friend will just smile at the CM before entering the lines, This way if she need to do something then the CM will let her know.

I wouldn't rely on a "smile" communicating my need for assistance or information. Yes, a smile is always helpful, but I'm sure hundreds if not thousands of people smile at the CM as they enter a queue and it isn't intended to convey anything more than a pleasant greeting.

@tinkerbellandeeyor -- most queues at WDW are accessible to mobility devices. There are a few where an ECV is not allowed, and at those the CM will instruct you as to the appropriate options. Manual wheelchairs are offered at these queues, and hopefully one will be available to transfer into, sometimes you may need to wait for one to cycle around from ride exit. If you have any questions, feel free to ask the CM.

The disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum notes rides requiring a transfer.

Enjoy your vacation!

but the CM will see you and if you are not allowed to enter the line in a ECV then they will say something to you, like in the past you could take your ECV in buzz. If you do have some need that you need to know then yes you need to talk to the CM about this but if it is just I am not sure a ECV can go in this line then most of the time the CM will stop you before going in line, and going up to every CM at rides takes a lot of time some times ( waiting behind people getting DAS return times, people that have question about the rides or anything else but going a little slower when entering and looking at the CM ( my friend adds the smile in) normally if you are not allowed to go in with the ECV they will quickly tell you that you can not and then keep going on with what they were doing.

but the CM will see you and if you are not allowed to enter the line in a ECV then they will say something to you
Still, as landlady stated, a conversation is light years more effective than a smile. You eliminate any chance for misunderstanding.

In Epcot I couldn't take my ECV in line at Test Track. And since I was solo with no one to push a wheelchair (and the CMs wouldn't push the wheelchair), the ride wasn't possible for me

i was able to use an ECV at test track in the single rider line. At the load area a CM took the unit over the tracks via an elevator and was waiting for me on the other side by the disembark area.

i was able to use an ECV at test track in the single rider line. At the load area a CM took the unit over the tracks via an elevator and was waiting for me on the other side by the disembark area.

What a great idea! You were able to stay on it all the way to the load area? It sounds like I may have gotten untrained CMs.

Thanks just got off the phone with my family we are thinking early December so OT what day of the week is best for animal kingdom

In Epcot I couldn't take my ECV in line at Test Track. And since I was solo with no one to push a wheelchair (and the CMs wouldn't push the wheelchair), the ride wasn't possible for me
You must have gotten a bad CM I think just about ever time I have been on the ride there has been at lest one ECV in there. The one time I needed a wheel chair at EPCOT the CM offered to bush me in line with out me even asking for help

Still, as landlady stated, a conversation is light years more effective than a smile. You eliminate any chance for misunderstanding.
I think I made my point on why my fried dose it this way and most people in a ECV do not even look at the CM and just keep on going I can not tell you how may time I have seen a CM tell someone in a ECV this line is not ECV accessible and the ECV drive keeps going. SO agin if you just need to know if a line is OK to take your ECV in and the CM are doing something else every time this has worked out fine fro my friend. If you need to know something more like do I have to walk to the ride how do I get on is there a cut off in line where I need to go some where else or any number of things then yes you need to talk to the CM about this because they can not read your mind. But something were you were just down there last moth and XYZ ride you could take your ECV in then a quick smile on the way in should be all that is needed.

I think I made my point on why my fried dose it this way and most people in a ECV do not even look at the CM and just keep on going

Aha! Thanks for the tip. Thinking about the queu at Test Track, it makes sense for single riders to be able to just keep on riding on their ECV. I was a "rookie", a first -timer on an ECV, and asked, obviously asked some one who didn't really know. Next time, I'll just keep going and see if anyone stops me-I'm guessing no one will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter