Can you take an ECV on an airplane??

singitalto

<font color=FF66FF>Can't wait to stay at the Beach
We just bought an ECV for my husband who has knee problems. We will be at WDW in Sept and he will probably be having knee surgury between now and then. He can walk, but can't do all the disney walking. Right now we are planning on driving because we want to take the ECV for the parks. But---I just checked Southwest and they now have friends fly free rates for late Sept($448 for the 4 of us).
Will they let us take the ECV on the plane??

Yes they will allow you to take the ECV on the plane but be aware that they could damage it. I would have it checked out and a ;eeter from your dealer that the ECV is in good condition before flying with it just in case there is damage.
Actually, personally I would drive.

We travel with my DH's EVC all the time. Make sure the battery is the gel cell FAA approved kind. Get to know the EVC before you travel. ( Airport ground crew may not be familiar with your model) I always make sure the cart is secure and on board before I go on the plane. Carry an extra key. After disembarking make sure the EVC works properly--check brakeing system and on and off switch---then go and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter