can you take leftovers back with you?

lilpnutmama

It's a small, small world
Hiya, we are renting a fridge and DH isnt the hugest eater, can you take home a "doggy bag"? :) (obviously not at the buffets though :rotfl: )

At a regular TS meal, yes you can. But as you said, not at the buffets, and not at the "All You Care to Eat" restaurants.

I thought you could with the buffets, but they weighed it....or have I dreamt that?

At TS places, yes. We've had servers who seemed disappointed that we didn't take the doggy bag, even after we explained that we didn't have a fridge. LOL

Angiepea - I think Trail's End used to let you fill up a take-out container, but I also thought I read that this had stopped? You can still get takeout, but I don't believe you can just pile it up any more. :) I suppose it can't hurt to ask if a buffet will give you a carryout container, but IF they did, I'd be very surprised if they didn't charge you for it, figuring that you'd be getting 2 meals for the price of one if you filled it up. I'm sure that anyone who's been allowed to do this will pipe up with teh details.

We were at Chef Mickeys once for breakfast and watched the family at the table next to us get containors that they proceeded to fill up with dry cereal.
I thought it was odd, but who am i to judge.

When I go solo, the meals are often too big, and I do this all the time. I stay in a DVC studio with microwave and refrigerator. Sandwiches from Sci-Fi have been heated up, Sticky Toffee Pudding from R&C makes a great dessert, and chocolate cake (forget where from) was a great late night snack once!

Hopefully said:
At a regular TS meal, yes you can. But as you said, not at the buffets, and not at the "All You Care to Eat" restaurants.
Hopefully
have a great trip I noticed you are going tomorrow. :yay:
SOOO jealous :rotfl2: I cant wait for August.

At most of the TS meals we were too full and took our desserts back to the room.. The next morning we got coffee in out refillable mugs and at the dessert for breaksfast. This worked great for us!!!

I thought you could with the buffets, but they weighed it....or have I dreamt that?
That's generally only the case if you are making just one trip to the buffet. I wasn't aware any of Disney's buffets had such a policy, though.

dianemb said:
At most of the TS meals we were too full and took our desserts back to the room.. The next morning we got coffee in out refillable mugs and at the dessert for breaksfast. This worked great for us!!!

What kind of desserts were you able to take back with you that you had for breakfast? Mickey Rice Krispie Treats? LOL....seriously though...did you bring back cake? Pie?

I know there is no way we will be able to eat all of this food at the table service restaurants....personally I am happy with just appetizers myself.

I was wondering about the "doggy bag" thing but that would mean we needed to go back to the room to put it in the refrigerator. Cake or something might be more portable and stay in the back pack an hour or so...

(Would also make a great late night snack!!)

What kind of desserts were you able to take back with you that you had for breakfast? Mickey Rice Krispie Treats? LOL....seriously though...did you bring back cake? Pie?

I'm not the person who originally posted that they did this, but we did and took back some kind of cake after every meal. Sometimes the desert would come with ice cream and we would just ask for it without. We were always too full to eat desert. We did have the sorbet and creme brulee at LeCellier because we wanted to try them and they couldn't be taken with us. They were great, but we only managed a few bites. We also saved our deserts at most CS places and had them for a afternoon snack. That was mostly cookies and packaged cakes.

I swear, I only eat chocolate cake for breakfast at WDW!!

Letsbgoofy said:
I'm not the person who originally posted that they did this, but we did and took back some kind of cake after every meal. Sometimes the desert would come with ice cream and we would just ask for it without. We were always too full to eat desert. We did have the sorbet and creme brulee at LeCellier because we wanted to try them and they couldn't be taken with us. They were great, but we only managed a few bites. We also saved our deserts at most CS places and had them for a afternoon snack. That was mostly cookies and packaged cakes.

I swear, I only eat chocolate cake for breakfast at WDW!!

Thanks for your reply...I KNOW we will not be able to fit dessert in - we will be stuffed!! I was hoping that they had desserts that were able to be saved....can I ask....do they put them into a fairly unsquishable (word? lol) box?

theflowerladee said:
We were at Chef Mickeys once for breakfast and watched the family at the table next to us get containors that they proceeded to fill up with dry cereal.
I thought it was odd, but who am i to judge.

Does Chef Mickey have special dry cereal or something? Gee, for the price of that breakfast, you could just pack a box of Cheerios with you in your suitcase. If I were going to swipe something from CM, I'd go with Mickey Waffles.

Now, chocolate cake is another story - that's what I call a breakfast treat!

I am so glad someone asked about that I was totally wondering what desserts did you eat for breakfast?!

Being pregnant I will probably eat everything they put in front of me but dh is a light eater so probably we will bring his dessert back. (then i will eat it :rotfl: )

vellamint said:
Thanks for your reply...I KNOW we will not be able to fit dessert in - we will be stuffed!! I was hoping that they had desserts that were able to be saved....can I ask....do they put them into a fairly unsquishable (word? lol) box?

If you thought this might be a problem why not bring your own "unsquishable box" Most carryout desset boxes are pretty small. So why you left the restuaranut you could descretly put it in your backpack in a container you brought. You even could bring a little icepack and rubberband it to it if you were going to spend more time in the park...

hmeadq said:
If you thought this might be a problem why not bring your own "unsquishable box" Most carryout desset boxes are pretty small. So why you left the restuaranut you could descretly put it in your backpack in a container you brought. You even could bring a little icepack and rubberband it to it if you were going to spend more time in the park...

What a Great!! Idea!! I certainly have enough disposable tupperware things laying around....then I can throw them out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter